Cost of Cabana rental at Half Moon Cay...

Disneycruisers

So it's 199.00 per adult AND per child? Yikes!:eek:

I know it includes priority tendering, what about lunch? Does anyone know how many rentals are available? I'm just wondering if they sell out that fast, and if we should be one of the first onboard to book?

Thanks for any details!:)

I know it includes priority tendering, what about lunch? Does anyone know how many rentals are available? I'm just wondering if they sell out that fast, and if we should be one of the first onboard to book?

I paid 225 for up to four people. It is not per person.

This is the in info on cabana rentals\

Cost $225 for four people (adult or child)

Cabanas--15 in total including one handicapped access

Grand Cabana is different and has more perks, cost is also a lot more

Tendering--you wait in a lounge and they take you off the ship on the first tenders

Food and drink--you get two 1.5L bottles of water, eight cans of soda, a tray of assdorted whole fruit, a tray of sliced fruit, a veggie/dip tray, a bag if Tostidos with guac/sour cream/salsa.

Island BBQ--that is the hot food section and it is centrally located and a nice slow walk to get there and you can opt to eat there or take the food back to the cabana.

Cabana 2 and 3 are closest to the food and washrooms, but they are in the heart of the action and crowded. The other washroom is right behind Cabana #9 and the food is a short walk away. You generally see LESS people further down the beach and if you want quiet, go with #7, 8, or 9 and higher if you want quiet but want to be close to food/washrooms.

Each cabana has a fridge, storage, and trash bin. Sometimes the food is already in the fridge when you arrive!!!!!.

Snorkel gear is included and you have four float mats. They will ask shoe size and drink preference when booking the cabana.

I had the Pink cabana again, #8, and loved it!!!!!!!

Cost is $225 for 4 people and includes snorkel gear for 4, float mats for 4, chips, salsa, fruit and veggie tray, water and sodas (they ask you what sodas you want when you purchase). Lunch is available for everyone at the buffet. Cabanas have two wonderfully cushioned loungers, table with 4 chairs, air air conditioning, fan with mister, a shower, and the most beautiful view in the world! I had to talk my DH into this (long and hard negotiations, finally playing on his emotions that it would be easier on his mother who was traveling with us) and after 30 minutes he said this was the best money he had ever sent! And he kept repeating it over and over and over......

You will love it. I got in line the minute we got on board and there were 4 people in front of me. All 4 were renting one. Do it, you won't regret it!

Not worth it IMO. When we have been to HMC we've been doing stuff, swimming, walking, excursions, and then it's been easy enough to just find a nice spot to sun or find some shade. Also, there is plenty of food at the food spot and drinks at the bar. Maybe better for folks that are less mobile and just want a place to settle down in for the day. Last time we were there only about half were rented, but I'm sure the varies greatly from sail to sail.

It was $225 last Monday when we were there...

We were on the ship in the first hundred or so people and went straight to the shore Excursion desk.

The guy in line was renting one and when we stepped up, over half were gone and two more went to people in our roll call within 15 minutes after we got ours.

So, yeah, they go fast.....

Well worth the $225....

Bill

Well, then my next question is...what time do you think we should be in line? I honestly can't remember what time we usually board (I think about 12:30ish.) It sounds as if maybe one should be there at 10:30?

they usually start boarding at 11:30 we arrive at the port at 9:30 to be sure we are in zone 1 right by the stairs and then straight to the excursion desk normally they sell out in an hour or so

It was $225 last Monday when we were there...

We were on the ship in the first hundred or so people and went straight to the shore Excursion desk.

The guy in line was renting one and when we stepped up, over half were gone and two more went to people in our roll call within 15 minutes after we got ours.

So, yeah, they go fast.....

Well worth the $225....

Bill

And one of those was me! I got cabana number 10 and it was well worth it! I loved every moment I spent on that island. I would go back in a heart beat and do it again!

When we were aboard Pride in July, the cabanas were all gone within 2 hours. And it seemed as if a lot of them were rented by Cruise Critic members, based on the folks I met on the tender. We had #5 this time - last year on Miracle, we had #11. I liked #5's location - not too far down the beach - but we had several folks come up to use our shower (what part of "Private Cabana" on the porch sign didn't they understand?:confused:). We didn't have that happen with #11.

but we had several folks come up to use our shower (what part of "Private Cabana" on the porch sign didn't they understand?:confused:). We didn't have that happen with #11.

You have to wonder,:rolleyes:, some people just don't get it..:cool:

Maybe post a sign.. One shower ,one beer..:p

Bulldog

We're going with a group of 15 or more. What is the maximum that can use the cabana? How do they know who can go in and out of the cabana?

There was 13 of us who rented 1 cabana. What we did was take some of the water & sodas we brought on board to add to what was supplied for 4 people. Since most of us stayed in the water the cabana was never really crowded. They won't know how many people unless you tell them it is more than 4.

There was 13 of us who rented 1 cabana. What we did was take some of the water & sodas we brought on board to add to what was supplied for 4 people. Since most of us stayed in the water the cabana was never really crowded. They won't know how many people unless you tell them it is more than 4.

I guess they are smarter on HAL. When we rented a cabana at HMC on HAL we had 5. At the end of the week we had a charge on our account for an extra person.

Probably since the cabana guy got no tip he reported us.

Bill

We rented cabin #12 (yellow), I believe, when we were on HMC last year. Totally made the day. We actually had 8 people using the cabin (didn't tell Carnival - just did it). While it really wouldn't handle having all those people inside at one time, usually everyone was going/coming as they pleased and it was great to be able to have a comfortable place as a "base" for the day.