Moving On

ekco

Rain is coming down @ 90 degrees :eek:. we weren't allowed outside one of the Nuclear buildings today because of the high wind..there's me all of 13 stone being blown away down the road :D

Can't bear it,:eek::eek:. Wind dropped this morning after battering the rain against the bedroom windows all night from the east. Freezing cold this morning. Hope Linda didn't get battered into Southampton.:eek::eek:

Its absolutely bucketing down here and I have to got out to transfer a load of files from a computer I have been repairing...not looking forward to going out :(

Lucky you, :eek:. Just been on Amazon to get a 3 licence Kaspersky Internet Suite as it keeps flashing up that it's going to run out in 12 days, :eek:. Good offer, if you spend £30 or more then they'll take 50% off Kaspersky so I got a couple of things for Christmas and got it for £11.48.:D:D Very nice!! between 3 of us for a year. (Actually I'm lying I'm going to use it against the cooling pad I just ordered for my laptop, lol. They'll never know and I deserve it for doing all the work every year while they just sit there and wait. Still only £7.65 each). A bit nerve racking though as I had to go right through to the payment page before it showed up.:eek:

Can't bear it,:eek::eek:. Wind dropped this morning after battering the rain against the bedroom windows all night from the east. Freezing cold this morning. Hope Linda didn't get battered into Southampton.:eek::eek:

No we got battered going out last week! Hurricane Force One :eek: according to the captain! Did the Black Watch go then? We were told that the Azura and Black Watch waited until Saturday to leave Southampton??

What's going on with Island Escape then?

Don't worry RR we spoke to several people on the IOTS who had been on the Spirit and they loved it. We went on the Celebration and we loved it. We went to the buffet every evening , and you don't have to go to the Captain's dinner if you don't want to. In fact if the sea is anything like it was when we went across to Morocco you won't feel like going to dinner at all:D:D

Nice to have you back Linda , did you enjoy your cruise ,,look forward to hearing about it . Hope the weather picked up for you .

mrs.c

Hi mrs.c

Yes we enjoyed it, but don't think we would go on IOTS again as although it is a lovely ship, we thought there were too many people on it - 4,200 :eek: and after 2nd sitting dinner, there was just nowhere to sit and listen to the entertainers. Also, they only did a late show in the theatre on formal nights, so on the other nights, if you were on 2nd sitting, you were supposed to go to the 7pm show. We prefer to eat first and then go to the theatre. One up to Thomsons there then:D

We met quite a few people who said they would not go on IOTS again and quite a few who had been on Thomson and wanted to try something bigger. The Destiny was in Lanzarote when we were there and looked a very nice ship. They seem to have put some screen round the buffet to protect people from the cold winds in the atlantic!

On a positive note the food and the entertainment was very good, the Ice Show was spectacular and the staff lovely (lots of different nationalities) and the weather improved when we got to the Canaries.

I will do a review later, (still ploughing through the washing - no laundry on ship:mad:)

No we got battered going out last week! Hurricane Force One :eek: according to the captain! Did the Black Watch go then? We were told that the Azura and Black Watch waited until Saturday to leave Southampton??

Hi Linda

Welcome back. I saw you on marinetraffic Friday night and according to that the Black Watch was right behind you. Didn't pick you up after leaving the channel as there doesn't appear to be any er.. what do you call them? signal receivers or whatever.:):)

Hi RR

Got my laptop cooler this morning AND it's got a 3 year warranty:D. Can have it on my lap which is good and the laptop is substantially cooler. My hard drive is running at around 36 degrees and the cpu mostly between 38 and 45, although it has been up to 50 for a short time. Actually it's settled at 38 at the moment. The hard drive was running and 48 to 50 before so a big improvement. Thanks for that great little program RR, it's really helpful.

Do you think I can completely disconnect the internal laptop fan? It's not coming on much but still clattering when it does.:D:D

Jan

Archived