New Dining Option...

USNUZULOOSE

I was reading about the new dining option. Is there anyone out there who was just recently on the Triumph, Paradise, or Inspiration that has photos of the menu? It would be helpful to see how this has been incorporated. Is this seperate from the regular menu? Or is this incorporated with the existing one?. And where are the charges on the menu located?

I have not sailed on the these ships, and its not to say I wont but it would be interesting for all to see what the menu is like. Inquiring minds want to know. ;) Jo

I was reading about the new dining option. Is there anyone out there who was just recently on the Triumph, Paradise, or Inspiration that has photos of the menu? It would be helpful to see how this has been incorporated. Is this seperate from the regular menu? Or is this incorporated with the existing one?. And where are the charges on the menu located?

I have not sailed on the these ships, and its not to say I wont but it would be interesting for all to see what the menu is like. Inquiring minds want to know. ;) Jo

What new dining option are you inquiring about?? Anytime dining?? (Menu will be the same) Steakhouse?? (there isn't one on these ships)...

Sounds yummy, Im on the Inspiration next week. I may try it out since I love the steakhouse food although the atmosphere makes some of it. It would be better to transform a lounge into a formal dining area for a "specialty" restaurant type feel on the ships that dont have it.

Sounds yummy, Im on the Inspiration next week. I may try it out since I love the steakhouse food although the atmosphere makes some of it. It would be better to transform a lounge into a formal dining area for a "specialty" restaurant type feel on the ships that dont have it.

I nominate the library.

Let me rephrase this, this is a spin from the other thread , some people are curious as to the menu, if the option of paying for the added stuff is located on the same menu, or if it is seperate, I just wanted to see if someone had pics of it to show people. I know there is no new ships:D

So if you have pics from the ship of the new dining option that would be helpful for people to see who are curious.

I think the same thing, maybe they are just trying to see what the demand would be on these ships for that purpose!

• 4 months later...

Soooo... without this turning too ugly with opinions (please?!?!), can anyone who has been on the Triumph recently tell me if they still offer these few OPTIONAL items on the dining room menu for $18? I know it was supposed to be a trial run, so I just wondered if they still have it.

One of the many wait staff in the SteakHouse on the Miracle two weeks ago told us that Carnival is going to begin an Italian restaurant on some of their ships. The cost will be approximately $18 pp more/less. Is that the dining option you are speaking about?

Are you talking about the ships that don't have steakhouse offering better steak choices in the MDR for the $18 fee? Please don't think that you will get a steakhouse entree for that price, it's just a step up from the regular MDR offerings.

Soooo... without this turning too ugly with opinions (please?!?!), can anyone who has been on the Triumph recently tell me if they still offer these few OPTIONAL items on the dining room menu for $18? I know it was supposed to be a trial run, so I just wondered if they still have it.

I got off Triumph Dec 22nd, is that recent enough?? We had 4 options at the $18 at the bottom of the menu in a box you could order. Different steak or steak and lobster, or just a maine lobster.

There are four steakhouse entrees. Since these ships do not have a Steakhouse, they give you the OPTION of purchasing some USDA prime, dry ages beef.

Entrees include a nine-ounce filet mignon, an 18-ounce grilled prime rib chop, broiled Maine lobster tail, and surf and turf consisting of a half lobster tail and petite filet mignon.

I saw this on the Triumph in October, did not try any, but spoke to some who did, who said it was worth every penney.

And they still have the flat iron steak, and of course prime rib and lobster on Elegant night.

Are you talking about the ships that don't have steakhouse offering better steak choices in the MDR for the $18 fee? Please don't think that you will get a steakhouse entree for that price, it's just a step up from the regular MDR offerings.

pay no attention to people like this who are quick to criticize a program they no NOTHING about....

His last four cruses have been on Ships that have Steakhouses, so he does not have a clue about the quality of the special entrees on the NON-Steakhouse ships.

These entrees are the EXACt same offerings as the Steakhouse offers. You lose $12 because you do NOT have to pay for an extra Dining room, extra servers, and the ambience of a steakhouse.

I got off Triumph Dec 22nd, is that recent enough?? We had 4 options at the $18 at the bottom of the menu in a box you could order. Different steak or steak and lobster, or just a maine lobster.

There are four steakhouse entrees. Since these ships do not have a Steakhouse, they give you the OPTION of purchasing some USDA prime, dry ages beef.

Entrees include a nine-ounce filet mignon, an 18-ounce grilled prime rib chop, broiled Maine lobster tail, and surf and turf consisting of a half lobster tail and petite filet mignon.

I saw this on the Triumph in October, did not try any, but spoke to some who did, who said it was worth every penney.

And they still have the flat iron steak, and of course prime rib and lobster on Elegant night.

Yep... this is what I was asking about... the four OPTIONS in the regular DR for $18... only on those ships without a steakhouse. It was a 3 month trial I think, maybe back in October. Just wondering if it was still happening. Thanks!

Archived