Has anyone used VeniceLink's AirportLink?

Signdy

The website (http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_biglietti&product_id=54&category_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43&lang=italian) describes this as a shared taxi from the airport to a list of hotels for only 27 euro per person. This seems like a good compromise between the private water taxis at 100 euro and the Alilaguna (long ride) or vaporetto (not meant for luggage). It stops at Hotel Bauer, which is right next to where I'm staying, Hotel Violino D'Oro.

Does anyone know any reason I shouldn't try this option?

True. I also read an earlier post complaining that the website is deceiving...that they don't drop off nearest your hotel. I've sent an email asking for specifics.

27 euros per person for 6-8 people totals 162-216 Eoros per boat

I would go to the water taxi desk, wait for another couple and then share a ride direct to your hotel and the other couple's hotel for about 30 euros each. No need to reserve. That's how we did it from the cruise terminal to 3 different hotels with 6 people.

If you do a search, I posted a review of the service.

I guess if they go to your hotel, that's great.. They will let you off at the San Marco main Alilaguna stop. You are on your own with your luggage to get to your hotel. Porters will carry your bags to your hotel for 25 euros. For two people, you are up to 79 euros and not much less than a private taxi that will take you to your hotel. They fill these shared taxis with others to get you to seven people. It is not a bad service and probably much better than being on a public boat and gets you to San Marco realtively quickly. If I had to do it over, I'd pay another 20 and get a door to door private taxi.

27 euros per person for 6-8 people totals 162-216 Eoros per boat

I would go to the water taxi desk, wait for another couple and then share a ride direct to your hotel and the other couple's hotel for about 30 euros each. No need to reserve. That's how we did it from the cruise terminal to 3 different hotels with 6 people.

We will be in Venice at Marco Polo airport on October 19th - which water taxi desk did you go to to get this rate? I didn't know that you could share a water taxi with someone else that would go to two different places.....this would be great at approx. 30 E per person....our hotel is on the Grand Canal - does the other couple's hotel have to be accessible by water taxi too, or will they drop them off near their hotel? Thanks

Bev

We will be in Venice at Marco Polo airport on October 19th - which water taxi desk did you go to to get this rate? I didn't know that you could share a water taxi with someone else that would go to two different places.....this would be great at approx. 30 E per person....our hotel is on the Grand Canal - does the other couple's hotel have to be accessible by water taxi too, or will they drop them off near their hotel? Thanks

Bev

I'll try to be perfectly clear. We didn't pick up a shared water taxi at the airport. We did pick one up at the cruise terminal. We simply went to their desk, said we were 3 couples going to 3 different hotels. The 3rd couple joined us at the desk. The agent called in a boat on his telefonino and told us a price (120 euros) Bob's your uncle. As far as I'm aware it's the same process at the water taxi desk at the airport i.e. no reservation required. They will drop you at your hotel if it has a dock or as close as possible. Remember , the hotels get their supplies in by boat. Going back to the airport from our hotel, we shared. The share was arranged by the owner/manager of our B&B at no extra charge. http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis-how-to-hire.htm

If you do a search, I posted a review of the service.

I guess if they go to your hotel, that's great.. They will let you off at the San Marco main Alilaguna stop. You are on your own with your luggage to get to your hotel. Porters will carry your bags to your hotel for 25 euros. For two people, you are up to 79 euros and not much less than a private taxi that will take you to your hotel. They fill these shared taxis with others to get you to seven people. It is not a bad service and probably much better than being on a public boat and gets you to San Marco realtively quickly. If I had to do it over, I'd pay another 20 and get a door to door private taxi.

Ljberkow, I had read your earlier post; I was hoping for some others to come forward. Your warning was wise -- I emailed VeniceLink to ask how close they stop to my hotel. Although their website said they stop at the hotel next to mine, the answer I got via email was different. And the stop they mentioned is a place I can't find on the map. I'm inclined to try to get a shared private taxi when we arrive.

Thanks, everybody, for the help!

Archived