Paul Scally

saileyellie

Paul Scally was the cruise director on my first cruise (to Alaska) and he was AWESOME!! We had a wonderful time, and his enthusiasm really made everything fun.

Hoping he's on my next cruise.

My husband and my dad still do impressions of him every time they get together (and our cruise was two years ago).

He was on vacation from the Norwegian Spirit out of Boston. I know he went back to England and had a few stand up shows over there. He was supposed to do something on Cape Cod but I don't think it ever materialized.

I think he's going back to the Spirit when his vacation is over. :cool:

• 3 months later...

yes he is corny - that's one thing we loved about him.

i thought he was really energetic (especially considering he spent most of his day on our last cruise hawking chapstick for bingo games - got to get bored doing that all day). hope he's sailing with us!!

yes he is corny - that's one thing we loved about him.

i thought he was really energetic (especially considering he spent most of his day on our last cruise hawking chapstick for bingo games - got to get bored doing that all day). hope he's sailing with us!!

He was on our sailing of the Epic (his picture is in my link at the bottom). My girls loved how he said the word "prohibited". Now they run around the house saying "mom says eating with our fingers is pro-hiiiiib-i-tedddd".

He is definitely corny, but fun.

He is definitely on the Epic. Just checked out his website. Funny how there is no mention on there that he is a cruise director. I found him to be virtually absent from our cruise. We didn't hear or see from him much at all. He did do his comedy show the last night but we didn't see it.

Paul was cruise director on the Epic for the January 15th sailing and was present at many of the events. He personally did a lot of dancing at the White Party, departure deck parties from ports, and FABBA night. He got a little annoying as he repeatedly kept trying to guilt people into dancing. Part of his job, I guess. He also hosted the Newlywed Game and Dancing with the Epic Stars. I didn't go, but he also did a partial strip tease at the Ship-n-males show (or whatever it was called) with the some of his male cruise staff. He also did his comedy act one night, but we did not go to that. I must confess that I found myself imitating his voice a lot thru the week.

I saw him having breakfast one morning at the poolside buffet with one of the dancers from Legends in Concert. It was reasonably early in the morning and she didn't appear to have any makeup on.....but I'm here to tell you that she was stunningly beautiful. When she would go to the coffee machine to get another cup of coffee, four or five guys would decide they needed coffee also!

He is definitely on the Epic. Just checked out his website. Funny how there is no mention on there that he is a cruise director. I found him to be virtually absent from our cruise. We didn't hear or see from him much at all. He did do his comedy show the last night but we didn't see it.

Gee...that doesn't sound like Paul at all. He was very visible on our Oct. cruise on Epic. He chatted with us at our CC M&G and we saw him all over the ship during the week.

I remember Paul when he was part of the CD staff and was working with Matt Baker on Dawn. Paul was one of the characters from The Village People and he had his shirt off. He looked REALLY good. I also saw Paul do the Fountains routine with Matt Baker's crew. He was hilarious as was Matt also.

Agree. What little experience I did have with him on the Epic was pretty lame.

It is my understanding that the typical Cruise Director position does not exist on the Epic, in fact the title is now Director of Entertainment. With so many entertainers and entertainment venues on the Epic the position has become much more of a management position. Some "CD's" still find the time to be very visible while others are extremely busy to the point of being overwhelmed. So far, the Epic has had a large turnover in this position because I think it just burns them out. With Pedro Serra going there in March it will be interesting to see how his high energy persona holds up.

PE

Nita' date=' you might be thinking of Linda Minnikin.

PE[/color']

I hope you are right, I don't like to be too negative but I really didn't like her. There have only been a couple of CD that I really didn't like. Some have done so little for me that I couldn't even remember their names and others have been wonderful. She wasn't the worst we have had, the worst was a black guy on the Star about 4 years ago. On the Pearl this past spring we had Andy. He was very nice, always saying Hi to everyone but he had zippo personality.

Nita

I hope you are right, I don't like to be too negative but I really didn't like her. There have only been a couple of CD that I really didn't like. Some have done so little for me that I couldn't even remember their names and others have been wonderful. She wasn't the worst we have had, the worst was a black guy on the Star about 4 years ago. On the Pearl this past spring we had Andy. He was very nice, always saying Hi to everyone but he had zippo personality.

Nita

Sorry to say, but I think we are talking about the same person. She was also one of my least favorite CD's of all time. I have actually sailed with her three times. :eek:

PE

Sorry to say' date=' but I think we are talking about the same person. She was also one of my least favorite CD's of all time. I have actually sailed with her three times. :eek:

PE[/color']

Well if it is Julie and not Linda I guess that will be just fine. I actually think we may have had Julie before (several years ago) she was pretty decent if I remember right.

Nita

Archived