Has Anyone Figured Out the New Carnival Web Site?

near the beach

New system is still active. I still don't see any cats. It ask if you want to be on the front, middle or aft of the ship. Then it tells you what it cost to go up a deck, or to the middle of the ship. Still can't figure out the third person cabin rate. They did fix some problems with their Forums this morning. I am glad I already have my next few cruises booked. I hope this all gets fixed before I want to book again. With three people booked we can't divide by three the third person is always a much lower rate.

When I check on prices the site keeps switching back and forth from old to new. I use the same computer so I am not sure why it does that.

Anyway I called and complained. The person that answered the phone checked the prices for me and gave me a great deal on an upgrade so naturally I jumped on it and paid the amount due. It took her 40 minutes to work through the upgrade process.

I absolutely hate it. Trying to check for ES is pointless. Look at the cruise and the initial screes shows one price eg $469. Then you go to book it and it has gone up to $519. So then you have to put the max occupancy in the room and divide by that number and get the actual cost.

Brutal way to get more revenue....upgrade for only $xxx a day.

Tried looking at prices and cabins today, and though it was nice that the cabin numbers stayed inputed on the page when you went to look at where they were on the ship, Carnival only SHOWS you a partial view of the deck so it is (before you could see the entire deck) not easy to see or visualize where all the "noise" is on the different decks for comparison. :(

I got the new version on Google Chrome this morning. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

I asked on their Facebook page when they will be changing back to the old version.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm not usually one for going to John Heald with complaints, but this new method is ridiculous!!!! Someone needs to speak up.

I just got two windows going as if I were booking, and the second one gave me the old screen. I pulled a third one up, and I got the old SEARCHING screen (pick and choose place, pick & choose month, rather than when-to-when).

So maybe just inundate it until you get to the old screen, then continue?

This stinks!

When I check on prices the site keeps switching back and forth from old to new. I use the same computer so I am not sure why it does that.

That's what is happening with me - sometimes I get the old format sometimes the new %#($ format.

I've added a post to the Looking For Carnival Assistance forum on the Carnival website asking how to efficiently do a price check, but of course since they obviously don't have an answer, I haven't received one from them. That's one place to lodge your complaints that actual Carnival employees will read and maybe relay to their superiors.

I really dislike the new system! Over the weekend I was getting the new booking system and got very excited about what I thought was a price drop and before really looking into it (didn't want to miss the amazing price!) I submitted an ES form. After submitting the form I looked back over it (and to the side with the total payment) just to realize they were dividing the total for our 3 person cruise instead of giving the price for the first two and then the third price. Ugh, so confusing! But I felt embarrsed. Got my email denail letter with no explanation. Glad I figured it out on my own or I would have been furious. But I am now seeing the old system now so that makes it easier to check for ES.

I don't like it either. You won't know if an upgrade is available for your category and it will certainly make it difficult to find the information to fill out the Early Saver Form. Maybe they were giving away too much OBC?:confused:

I am confused by it as well...it also says there's no rooms left in my category..so who knows! Change :eek:

Has anyone found out how to tell what category cabins are on the updated Carnival web site? I can’t see category list anywhere. I also can’t find the price per person. This is making it difficult to look for new cruises. It also makes it imposable to check for an Early Saver Price Protection.:eek:

I've found that it changes from the 'new' veiw and back to the old view, depending on which day I check it. This past Sat and Sun it was the new way. Today (Mon) it is the old way. :confused:

Has anyone found out how to tell what category cabins are on the updated Carnival web site? I can’t see category list anywhere. I also can’t find the price per person. This is making it difficult to look for new cruises. It also makes it imposable to check for an Early Saver Price Protection.:eek:

I've found that it changes from the 'new' view and back to the old view, depending on which day I check it. This past Sat and Sun it was the new way. Today (Mon) it is the old way. :confused:

I've found that it changes from the 'new' veiw and back to the old view, depending on which day I check it. This past Sat and Sun it was the new way. Today (Mon) it is the old way. :confused:

Today is the first day I had the New site..funny enough it says no rooms available in my room cat. on their site..but on another site it gives me 4 rooms to choose from..mind you they are way over what I paid...

It is not in Carnival's best interest to make it easy to find price drops. As far as finding prices use an OL TA to check for rates.

As others have mentioned, you can look at other web sites like the one with the gnome to see a list of cabins and prices.

It's pretty stupid that Carnival will be driving users away from their site. Some of them might end up booking with the gnome and costing Carnival a commission.

Last night I checked out prices for a cruise on other websites. When I called the pvp they tried to charge me lots more until I told them there was a past guest special with OBC and it was less than the stupid $250 off promotion!! She finally did the math and agreed!!! So it's not easy for them to find the best price either!!!

Archived