Has Anyone Figured Out the New Carnival Web Site?

near the beach

Has anyone found out how to tell what category cabins are on the updated Carnival web site? I can’t see category list anywhere. I also can’t find the price per person. This is making it difficult to look for new cruises. It also makes it imposable to check for an Early Saver Price Protection.:eek:

It still shows you all the categories (w/o the color coding). You have to somewhat go through the booking process. Choose your cruise, choose how many passengers, if it's far enough in advance (i just selected one for Nov 2011) it will show you the different rates, including the early saver. When you hit next it will take you to choose what room you would like, if you selected Balcony at the beginning of the process it will show you the different balcony options, premium, vista, etc. and it will change the price according to what you choose, granted it doesn't show you the exact amount pp when you are choosing different rooms but you can just divide the total by the amount of people and there you have it.

You divide the cost of the cruise only by the number of people you have traveling to see if the price has gone up or down in your category.:) Problem is if your category is not available u cant go any further:eek:

Yes, but the total on the new website is with fees and taxes and such, making it more confusing and more of a pain in the butt. Annoying and freaking suspicious if you ask me.

Yes feel the same as u:eek:

I don't like it either. You won't know if an upgrade is available for your category and it will certainly make it difficult to find the information to fill out the Early Saver Form. Maybe they were giving away too much OBC?:confused:

You also can't find the rate for 1st and 2nd guests and 3rd and 4th - which are different. So if I divide by the number of guests, I get one-fourth of the price, not what I paid for 1st and 2nd guests and 3rd and 4th guests.

Maybe everyone should just send in a claim form on a daily basis just in case there is a drop, with a little note stating that the web site has made it virtually impossible to check for price drops, especially when the originally booked category is sold out - how do you check to see if a higher category is actually cheaper than the sold out category????

I do not like it at all. The first time I tried to use it I thought I hit the jackpot. It looked like our rate went down over $100 per person. But it had not gone down at all because they divided the rate by 3 making the 3rd person rate higher. If you looked at the total price you could see that the price had not gone down at all. I also have gone to other sites and 1 site shows the pricing just like Carnival, 3 to a cabin the rate was the same for all 3 = to the rate I booked with the 1st and 2nd higher and the 3rd lower. I wonder if they think this pricing will attract the people who have 3 or more in a cabin but each is paying their own fare?

You also can't find the rate for 1st and 2nd guests and 3rd and 4th - which are different. So if I divide by the number of guests, I get one-fourth of the price, not what I paid for 1st and 2nd guests and 3rd and 4th guests.

Maybe everyone should just send in a claim form on a daily basis just in case there is a drop, with a little note stating that the web site has made it virtually impossible to check for price drops, especially when the originally booked category is sold out - how do you check to see if a higher category is actually cheaper than the sold out category????

While I absolutely HATE the new site - for ES price comparison purposes it really doesn't matter - the new site shows the total cruisefare for the number of passengers in the cabin, so does your original booking information; as the ES Price-matching is for the combined total of all passengers in the cabin, you don't need the per passenger breakdown.

ken

I think we should all complain to Carnival on a daily basis and then just maybe (or not) they will change it back. I emailed them and my PVP immediately called me and when she went thru the steps she agreed it was impossible. So she said she would try to check daily for me also. We will see. But I am going to keep complaining about it. It is impossible to see 3rd and 4th and different catagories.

I am using a PC at work and when accessing Carnival's webiste using IE, it has the new booking procedure. I pulled out my ipad and went to Carnival website using Safari browser and it has the old booking process. I have not tired it through Firefox as yet.

If you have access to a MAC or Apple...try using that to check prices. Just a thought...

I am using a PC at work and when accessing Carnival's webiste using IE, it has the new booking procedure. I pulled out my ipad and went to Carnival website using Safari browser and it has the old booking process. I have not tired it through Firefox as yet.

If you have access to a MAC or Apple...try using that to check prices. Just a thought...

Lucky you, the website won't work for me at all when on my work computer. It just keeps searching and searching for cruises but nothing ever loads, this has only been since the new Carnival web site. I have to wait until I get home to check the prices.

It still shows you all the categories (w/o the color coding). . .

While I absolutely HATE the new site - for ES price comparison purposes it really doesn't matter . . .

Unless you are checking pricing for a 1A cabin, and then you're just totally screwed.

In order to see all the info and how much a 3rd and 4th are paying you have to continue the booking. Once you had the people who are cruising. you will reach the payment page. Once you get there, it will be a break down for the first 2 people and a different price for the 3rd and 4th person.

Its really not any harder. Just a few extra steps. Its a bit better because you have more options and more details.

Then you can do a quick search. Once you get results you can then modify to add other departure ports. You can price compare from that point... Its not much different from the old format..

OK, that let's you pick between the broad categories of interior, oceanview, balcony, and suite. But how do you choose between the real categories, 4A, 4B, 4C, 8A, 8B, 8C, etc.? The deck plans still show those different categories, but I can't see how to choose them anymore.

(I guess it could be done. If you wanted a specific category, you could check the deck plans and see that, say, an 8C is on deck 8 forward and aft and deck 7 midship, then you could go in and check the options for deck 8 forward, then deck 8 aft, then deck 7 midship one at a time. But that's a hell of a process to have to go through to find out what the options are for a given category.)

I think they tried to dumb the booking process down to help newbies, but it makes it really hard for those of us trying to book something specific to find it. It sort of forces us to book through another site rather than Carnival, which I assume costs Carnival money since the other site has to get a cut of the profits.

I fear it's just a matter of time until Carnival forces the other sites to adopt their new interface though.

The other dumb thing is they only show you how much an upgrade to a higher category is in dollars per person per day. You have to multiply it by the number of days in the cruise yourself to figure out how much more it is going to cost you.

I guess they are banking on people not bothering to do the math and just say "Oh, $7.20 pp/pd doesn't sound like much money, let's go with that" instead of stopping figuring out that it's $100 for double occupancy.

Originally Posted by Denicewu viewpost.gif

You can still view the old way using Google Chrome.

Didn't work for me. New website popped up.

It all depends on your browser cache/cookies. And yes, the new format sux. Makes it MUCH more difficult for those who were used to the old format, but does seem to be a bit more user friendly for newbies. They've dumbed it down too much though, IMO.

Yes feel the same as u:eek:

I also feel like that a little bit, I got my last ES OBC on the day it changed, took over an hour on the phone, but they honored it. I also had proof as I printed the screen before the change. I do like the part where it shows the cabins on the screen so you can see it as well as what's available at the same time. :)

The old way is back! There are tons of complaints on the Carnival website forum and I was over there checking to see if they answered my question on how to check for price drops and someone said the old booking engine was is back. I checked and it is!!!! WOOOHOOOO - lets just hope it is to stay.

Archived