Has Anyone Figured Out the New Carnival Web Site?

near the beach

Unless you are checking pricing for a 1A cabin, and then you're just totally screwed.

I haven't had any luck just finding out if a port hole cabin is the same as non porthole, and I miss seeing available cabins. May be they actually want us to call to make reservations??

I am thinking that the reservation agents are going to be overloaded until they do something different. This new site is terrible, I am not even going to attempt to use it. I'll just call, and call, and call...what a pain. Thankfully, we have our next 2 already booked and I am not in a hurry to book another.

I agree with all the chatter on this. And WHERE ARE THEY HIDING THE 1A category room information??? I can't get this anywhere on this new stupid site.

We're screwed. They did it to us with the increase to the 200% supplement, now they've done it to us again with this. You can only book a 1A over the phone (which is how I book anyway), and you'll never be able to match to a 1A under this new system. You'll never see the price for a 1A. I've got 2 upcoming cruises in which I'm in a 1A, so I am really hoping that they change the site back. I'm guessing that they don't even want people booking 1As anymore, and they'll just throw all the gty's into them.

We're screwed. They did it to us with the increase to the 200% supplement, now they've done it to us again with this. You can only book a 1A over the phone (which is how I book anyway), and you'll never be able to match to a 1A under this new system. You'll never see the price for a 1A. I've got 2 upcoming cruises in which I'm in a 1A, so I am really hoping that they change the site back. I'm guessing that they don't even want people booking 1As anymore, and they'll just throw all the gty's into them.

I agree just another case of bait and switch:mad: You commit to an ES fare thinking you can check for price drops. But no they pull the rug out from under you so there is no way to check!!!

Right now I do not have a very high opinion of Carnival.

Another one that agrees that the site sucks :( It keeps saying no rooms available in the category I pick. Not only that but every single time I go to the fun ships area to look at a specific ships itinerary,it freezes my computer.

I have never booked a cruise using the Carnival web site. I always call Carnival. I use the web site to research a future cruise, find information on excursions and ports of call. I use to look every day for price drops to get credit on Early Saver. Now I can’t tell price per person or category of a cabin. I guess I’ll just have to call Carnival and ask them.

The obvious objective is to make it easier for new online users to make a booking and decide on a cabin by showing how much each upgrade costs, as well as making it more difficult for those of us who check prices often to find out if we are eligible for an ES OBC. Not sinister, just good business and smart....we just have to be smarter. Book a comparable room as always and if it is cheaper, priint screen and fill out the form and send it in with the printscreen. It should work, just a little harder, since it is harder to find prices for specific categories. Ingenious!

The obvious objective is to make it easier for new online users to make a booking and decide on a cabin by showing how much each upgrade costs, as well as making it more difficult for those of us who check prices often to find out if we are eligible for an ES OBC. Not sinister, just good business and smart....we just have to be smarter. Book a comparable room as always and if it is cheaper, priint screen and fill out the form and send it in with the printscreen. It should work, just a little harder, since it is harder to find prices for specific categories. Ingenious!

I totally agree with it making it more difficult for us to check for price drops. In fact, at this point I find it impossible to check for 1A prices. That means I should be calling them every day to check the price of my cabin.

But I absolutely disagree with it making it easier for few online users to make a booking. Before you could click the edit category button and see all the choices and how much more each would cost per person. Now you can't see all at once. Only one at a time. And then they give you the per person per day addtional cost.

Example for a 5 day cruise:

Before:

4A $300 pp

4B $320 pp This is a $20 pp increase EASY

Now:

Lowest inside (4?) $300pp

choose a location (aft, midship, ect)

choose a deck

If you happen to guess right for a 4B it will tell you it costs $4 per day per person more. WHAT? NOT EASY!!!!!!

I just don't see how this makes it easier. Just too much confusion. I am a CPA, so I can do math but it still is not easier to see the increased cost to upgrade, and then you have to figure out what you are upgrading to.

It is a win/win for Carnival.

Sharon

Agreed!! I thought you all would get a kick out of my ongoing correspondence with a Carnival customer service agent:

Original email to Carnival on 10/2/10:

I am booked on Freedom sailing 11/20/10 Cat 6B, Early Saver. Booking #xxxx

The changes to the website make it IMPOSSIBLE to check the price for my category as the category is not shown anywhere when pricing a cruise. How am I supposed to take advantage of Early Saver if I am unable to determine the current price for the category I booked????

Response from Carnival on 10/4/10:

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

In regards to your inquiry, please feel free to contact our Guest Services department at 1(800) 438-6744 Ext. 70121. For your convenience they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. However, you're still required to submit the price protection form online.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

My next email on 10/4/10:

So I have to call everyday, multiple times per day to check the current price for my category to see if there is a price drop?? How does that make sense?

Carnival response on 10/4/10:

Hi Michelle,

We do understand your concerns. However, since you're booked under the Early Saver program, it's your responsibility to verify the lower rate and submit the price protection form.

If you do not wish to contact us directly, then you may contact our E-Solutions Department at 1-800-845-2599 for technical support with our website. An expert in this area will be more than happy to assist you over the phone. They are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST or Saturday & Sunday between the hours of 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

My frustrated response on 10/4/10:

I don't think you are understanding the problem. I check the rate everyday, multiple times, online. However, the Carnival site has been changed and now when I price my cruise to see if there has been a drop it no longer displays a category. It does not say category 4A, 4B, 6B...etc. It instead asks which deck and location (mid, aft) and then produces a price with NO category given.

I know it is my responsibility, I have already received 2 price adjustments and an onboard credit on my own, but the changes to the site mean I can no longer do this.

It doesn't seem to make sense that EVERY person booked Early Saver on ALL future cruises will now have to call customer service everyday and perhaps multiple times per day to check pricing...seems that would really overload Carnival customer service, no?

Carnival's next response 10/5/10:

Hi Michelle,

In regards to your inquiry, contacting us directly was a solution for verifying the current rates being offered on the sailing. Unfortunately, there would be no other way for you to verify if the rates have indeed dropped unless you call or review the information online. My only suggestion would be to contact the number that was provided to our E-Solutions Department at 1-800-845-2599 and someone can assist you with navigating through the new website.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

How incredibly frustrating!!! And of course there is a price drop this morning so I went throught their booking process online and picked the deck and location of my current room and when it pulls up the map of rooms fitting that description my room is one of the ones shown on map so I chose that rate and filled out a form, did a screen shot and saved it just in case...wil be interesting to see if they honor it. The terms of ES clearly state that it must ne for an equal category room, so now that they have appeared to have done away with categories...??? So stupid!

Agreed!! I thought you all would get a kick out of my ongoing correspondence with a Carnival customer service agent:

The changes to the website make it IMPOSSIBLE to check the price for my category as the category is not shown anywhere when pricing a cruise. How am I supposed to take advantage of Early Saver if I am unable to determine the current price for the category I booked????

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

In regards to your inquiry, please feel free to contact our Guest Services department at 1(800) 438-6744 Ext. 70121. For your convenience they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. However, you're still required to submit the price protection form online.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

So I have to call everyday, multiple times per day to check the current price for my category to see if there is a price drop?? How does that make sense?

Hi Michelle,

We do understand your concerns. However, since you're booked under the Early Saver program, it's your responsibility to verify the lower rate and submit the price protection form.

If you do not wish to contact us directly, then you may contact our E-Solutions Department at 1-800-845-2599 for technical support with our website. An expert in this area will be more than happy to assist you over the phone. They are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST or Saturday & Sunday between the hours of 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

I don't think you are understanding the problem. I check the rate everyday, multiple times, online. However, the Carnival site has been changed and now when I price my cruise to see if there has been a drop it no longer displays a category. It does not say category 4A, 4B, 6B...etc. It instead asks which deck and location (mid, aft) and then produces a price with NO category given.

I know it is my responsibility, I have already received 2 price adjustments and an onboard credit on my own, but the changes to the site mean I can no longer do this.

It doesn't seem to make sense that EVERY person booked Early Saver on ALL future cruises will now have to call customer service everyday and perhaps multiple times per day to check pricing...seems that would really overload Carnival customer service, no?

Hi Michelle,

In regards to your inquiry, contacting us directly was a solution for verifying the current rates being offered on the sailing. Unfortunately, there would be no other way for you to verify if the rates have indeed dropped unless you call or review the information online. My only suggestion would be to contact the number that was provided to our E-Solutions Department at 1-800-845-2599 and someone can assist you with navigating through the new website.

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

How incredibly frustrating!!! And of course there is a price drop this morning so I went throught their booking process online and picked the deck and location of my current room and when it pulls up the map of rooms fitting that description my room is one of the ones shown on map so I chose that rate and filled out a form, did a screen shot and saved it just in case...wil be interesting to see if they honor it. The terms of ES clearly state that it must ne for an equal category room, so now that they have appeared to have done away with categories...??? So stupid!

I'll call them 10 times a day if everyone else will!! That should piss them off:mad: They are certainly pissing me off. I'll call them everyday and have them check all 4 cruises.. Should take them a good half hour or so every time!

Hi Michelle,

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

Hi Michelle,

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

Hi Michelle,

Cordially,

Vernisha Williams

Looks and sounds like what I went through getting my early saver request put through. It took over an hour on the phone, but I must say that I had the best customer service rep there is (Beth). She was awesome kept going up the ladder till we got the answer I deserved. This was the day of the changes.

I just got off the phone with them. And was told we have to call reservations everytime to check a price drop. In order to find the rates broken down for the 3rd or 4th you have to call.. I spoke to e-solutions, they sent me to someone else who sent me back to esolutions who then talked to someone else. "They have decided they just want to show the totals" for any price drops ect. you will have to call." I said "for my 3 booked cruises and the one I'm watching I have to call everyday numerous times to check the price?" answer "yes, you do". I told her they were insane. I've cruised 15 times with them and have 3 more booked. I will most likely cancel the June & AUgust and rebook with if something doesnt change. Carnival has already gone down hill to some degree but this is ridiculous!:mad:

After all the trouble I went through to get my price reduction on my January cruise, I'm not going to waste my time on my other two. I booked them all at the 150% single supplement rate and they don't want to honor that rate anymore, comparing my price to the current 200% rate. If I ever book another Carnival cruise, I wont use the ES price, nor will I use it for price comparisons with other cruiselines. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

After all the trouble I went through to get my price reduction on my January cruise, I'm not going to waste my time on my other two. I booked them all at the 150% single supplement rate and they don't want to honor that rate anymore, comparing my price to the current 200% rate. If I ever book another Carnival cruise, I wont use the ES price, nor will I use it for price comparisons with other cruiselines. It's just more trouble than it's worth.

There is no reason to book ES with the restrictions. You cant check for price drops and that was the whole incentive to book it.:rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with them. And was told we have to call reservations everytime to check a price drop. In order to find the rates broken down for the 3rd or 4th you have to call.. I spoke to e-solutions, they sent me to someone else who sent me back to esolutions who then talked to someone else. "They have decided they just want to show the totals" for any price drops ect. you will have to call." I said "for my 3 booked cruises and the one I'm watching I have to call everyday numerous times to check the price?" answer "yes, you do". I told her they were insane. I've cruised 15 times with them and have 3 more booked. I will most likely cancel the June & AUgust and rebook with if something doesnt change. Carnival has already gone down hill to some degree but this is ridiculous!:mad:

I'm hardly defending the new site.....but since the ES price-matching is for the total fare for all passengers in the cabin, all you need to do is know your total fare (not including the "Govt Fees & Taxes" add-on) from your ES booking and then compare that to the total fare (not including the "Govt Fees & Taxes" add-on) shown on the new site - the per passenger breakdown is irrelevant.

Knowing your cabin location and Category you should be able to fight thru the new booking sequence to get the current fare for that cabin.

ken

I agree, no more Early Saver's for me either, not with this mess. I love sailing on Carnival, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. What about all the people who have upcoming cruises booked on the ES? It was a blessing for me that I got mine in just in time, I won't bother to look anymore as we sail in 23 days. Just not worth the hassle, looking forward to sailing should be relaxing not fustrating, come on now Carnival!!! Don't get us Carnival junkies all in a uproar!!!:)

I won't bother to look anymore as we sail in 23 days. Just not worth the hassle, looking forward to sailing should be relaxing not fustrating, come on now Carnival!!! Don't get us Carnival junkies all in a uproar!!!:)

Carnival is banking on people not bothering because it's not worth the hassle!

Less OBC thet will have dole out that way~

I keep complaining on their Facebook page about how screwy this new system is. Not that it will do any good, but...

Do you have a link to where you are complaing?? I went to carnival on facebook but did not find a complaint..I was planning on joining you there!! :D

Do you have a link to where you are complaing?? I went to carnival on facebook but did not find a complaint..I was planning on joining you there!! :D

Can't post a link cause it will be to my facebook page but if you search for Carnival Cruise Lines page, then under where it says "write something", click on Carnival Cruise Lines + others and it will take you to the page where all comments can be viewed. I noticed that Mischelle replied to Rita's complaint saying she has forwarded all complaints to the proper department. Mischelle is also one of the employees who monitors the forums on Carnival's web page but she has not replied to any complaints over there - so maybe facebook is the place to go!

Archived