On Board Pregnancy Announcement!

PurpleLaurie55

Hello!

I wanted to run something by you all and see if you have any ideas....

I will be cruising in November to Florida and the Bahamas. I will be in a balcony cabin with my wife and 11 month old son. My Mom and 11 year old sister will be in an inside cabin. We just found out that my wife is pregnant with our second child and we want to tell my Mom and sister on the cruise (she will be 12 weeks).

Do you have any creative ideas of how we can share the big news?? When I was pregnant with our son, we wrapped up a baby outfit and gave it to her, so we don't want to do the same thing again. All ideas are appreciated!!

:) Laurie

Hello!

I will be cruising in November to Florida and the Bahamas. I will be in a balcony cabin with my wife and 11 month old son. My Mom and 11 year old sister will be in an inside cabin. We just found out that my wife is pregnant with our second child and we want to tell my Mom and sister on the cruise (she will be 12 weeks).

Do you have any creative ideas of how we can share the big news?? When I was pregnant with our son, we wrapped up a baby outfit and gave it to her, so we don't want to do the same thing again. All ideas are appreciated!!

At dinner the waiters will sing "happy birthday" for birthdays and "let me call you sweetheart" for anniversaries - how about asking them to sing "rock-a-bye baby"?

Maybe you can speak with one of the restaraunts and have a plate of baby carrots, baby corn and other baby food brought to dinner with a baby toy next to plate? That might be cute. Don't know if they can do it though

They might just think it's another cutback and they're not serving normal size veggies anymore.:D

Hello!

Ever play "Secret Santa" at the office ... a mystery co-worker leaves little surprises for you all week long, usually with some kind of theme. Then on the last day your Secret Santa is revealed ... the mystery is fun.

What if you leave some type of "baby thing" (pacifier, diapers, baby wipes, etc hanging from the doorknob of her cabin every night so she findS it when she wakes up. Even little notes and things during the day. She'll assume it's for another passenger -- she'll ask the cabin steward, she may go to the front desk and inquire, she'll try to solve the mystery all week. By the final day, after you've made some friends, get people to randomly walk up to her, hug her and say "Congratulations!" then walk away.

Dinner on last night ... present her with one of the new Hallmark Grandma ornaments.

Take pics of all your clues ... it'll be a fun scrapbook page!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ever play "Secret Santa" at the office ... a mystery co-worker leaves little surprises for you all week long, usually with some kind of theme. Then on the last day your Secret Santa is revealed ... the mystery is fun.

What if you leave some type of "baby thing" (pacifier, diapers, baby wipes, etc hanging from the doorknob of her cabin every night so she findS it when she wakes up. Even little notes and things during the day. She'll assume it's for another passenger -- she'll ask the cabin steward, she may go to the front desk and inquire, she'll try to solve the mystery all week. By the final day, after you've made some friends, get people to randomly walk up to her, hug her and say "Congratulations!" then walk away.

Dinner on last night ... present her with one of the new Hallmark Grandma ornaments.

Take pics of all your clues ... it'll be a fun scrapbook page!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I got chills reading this one. So cute of a idea. Makes me want to get pregnant and take my mom on a cruise.

For our second child we did the "Big Brother" T-shirt...went out to dinner with my parents, and had a jacket on my then 2 1/2 year old, and then took it off, and just waited to see how long it took to get a reaction. it seemed to work pretty well, and they did get the point after a couple of minutes of confusion!

Hello!

I bought the cutest onesie for my oldest son to wear it said "Whoops, they did it again, I'm going to be a big brother" I sat in my parents house for an hour before they "got it". It was hilarious. www.cafepress.com has some cute shirts/onesies.

ever play "secret santa" at the office ... A mystery co-worker leaves little surprises for you all week long, usually with some kind of theme. Then on the last day your secret santa is revealed ... The mystery is fun.

What if you leave some type of "baby thing" (pacifier, diapers, baby wipes, etc hanging from the doorknob of her cabin every night so she finds it when she wakes up. Even little notes and things during the day. She'll assume it's for another passenger -- she'll ask the cabin steward, she may go to the front desk and inquire, she'll try to solve the mystery all week. By the final day, after you've made some friends, get people to randomly walk up to her, hug her and say "congratulations!" then walk away.

Dinner on last night ... Present her with one of the new hallmark grandma ornaments.

Take pics of all your clues ... It'll be a fun scrapbook page!

Congratulations!!!

i vote for this one - and take pictures!

I am SO glad I asked you guys! I read all of your responses to my wife... we are thinking of doing a combination... maybe the secret santa idea for a few days and then put a "big brother" shirt on our son to reveal the surprise. I just love the idea of random people coming up to her and saying congratulations... she'd be so confused :)

We want to tell her in the beginning because she's going to be sooo excited and it will make the vacation that much more exciting for her (her first vacation!). She is also going to be visiting one of her childhood friends at one of the ports and I know she'd love to be able to tell her in person (they haven't seen each other in 12 years!).

I also reached out to my cruise consultant to see if he had any ideas. I think it's going to be great no matter what we do! I will most definitely try to capture pictures and will share the experience with you all.

The chefs are very creative with writing on plates with chocolate (and then it's chilled so it remains stiff.) You could have them present her with a plate at dinner time that has chocolate writing on it - something like,

"It's a ..... baby!" (Unless you will know the gender, then you could say "It's a (fill in the blank)

Archived