luggage size restrictions

cantwait4cruise

I know this has probably been asked and answered numerous times if it has I am sorry for asking again but I can't find my answer.

what are the size restrictions for the CHECKED LUGGAGE, NOT THE CARRYON we have a rolling duffel and want to use it instead of two smaller suitcases so I really need to know the size dimension restrictions thanks in advance:confused:

There is no size restriction for checked luggage, just a recomendation. There is however a restriction on carry on/off size as it must be able to pass through the scanner, just like at the airports. Here is the recommendation from the FAQ.

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H x 30"L. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage

I know this has probably been asked and answered numerous times if it has I am sorry for asking again but I can't find my answer.

what are the size restrictions for the CHECKED LUGGAGE, NOT THE CARRYON we have a rolling duffel and want to use it instead of two smaller suitcases so I really need to know the size dimension restrictions thanks in advance:confused:

While there is no size limit there are some recommendations which can be found in the Carnival FAQs. The only one you should worry about is don't have your luggage weigh more than you can comfortably carry. It saves the porters and the crews backs.

Why on earth would there be a size restriction on a ship?

Safety would most likely be the number 1 reason.

Nothing like attempting to lift a 100 pound object THINKING it's less than 50 pounds. There goes another serious back injury.

Archived