Voyager different rooms

I've been on 4 RCCL cruises.

1 inside cabin.

2 balconies.

1 junior suite w. balcony.

I have booked the Allure of the Seas inside stateroom right now but have to change this cruise unfortunately.

We're switching to voyager of the seas. I was looking at an E2 Superior oceanview stateroom w. balcony for 1,938 for a week.. or the promenade indoor room for 1,638..

Do you think the balcony is worth the extra 300? Has anyone stayed in the promenade rooms? I imagine they'd be pretty cool.. I've never even seen one before.

Any input on whether I should do the 1938 or 1638 helps. Especially if you've stayed in either of these. :)

Yes.. well sort of.

We're booked on the regular inside cabin now (sorta). Large inside cabin.. on Allure.

I need a midship cabin though. And so that's the lowest we could get on Allure. That was $955 per person.. The promenade stateroom on Voyager is $749.. so it's still 200 cheaper but it has light! I know the insides are SOOOO dark. I could go cheaper and get down to about $600-$650 a room for a complete inside.. and save $300 more totall. But I think I like the idea of SOME light being there. I just wasn't sure what other people thought of it?

Heck yea it's worth the extra money. A balcony gives you a whole different cruise experience. There's nothing like sailing in and out of port on the privacy of your own balcony. Plus, it adds a whole another room to your cabin. Even when you are not using it, the floor to ceiling glass wall is a lot nicer to look at than a solid wall.

Just beware, if you book it, it's very possible you'll never want to go back. ;)

Just beware, if you book it, it's very possible you'll never want to go back. ;)

Eh.. this hasn't hit me yet. Like I said before, I've been in 2 balconies and 1 junior suite. And I'm debating a regular inside room/promenade inside. I never seem to use the balcony except late late late late at night.. when you can't see anything.. and sailing away from embarkation point. that's it...

Hi there!

My husband and I stayed in a promenade room years ago on the Voyager. It seemed like a really neat idea when we booked, and it is kinda cool to look out over the promenade. Keep in mind though that even though you have a window it is all artificial light which you will get. I found that really disturbing for some reason (but then I don't like inside cabins either - I really prefer natural light, but this doesn't bother lots of people!). I also found it uncomfortable to always have to be drawing the curtains for some privacy...remember, not only can you see out to the promenade, if someone down there decides to glance up they can see in too! I also found the noise in the evenings would be bothersome - but again, keep in mind I'm the type who tends to zonk out by 11 pm at the latest, especially after running around in port all day!

It's really a very personal decision based on your own likes/dislikes and tolerances. These are just some of my observations from my experience.

Have fun!

It doesn't seem as though a balcony is all that important to you. Why not a regular oceanview room? Voyager Class OV rooms have nice big, round windows.

I had not even looked into it. I am 20 years old.. first time planning the cruise as I will be going on it with my boyfriend. He is completely against the idea of cruising too. Says he thinks it's dumb..boring..waste of money. OH how little the ignorant one knows ;)

He'll become hooked like I did.

I was on the Voyager when I was 12 years old.. so I don't remember much.. Big windows are a positive as well.. I never even thought of Oceanview.. I assumed it was a tease, if you will

Hi there!

My husband and I stayed in a promenade room years ago on the Voyager. It seemed like a really neat idea when we booked, and it is kinda cool to look out over the promenade. Keep in mind though that even though you have a window it is all artificial light which you will get. I found that really disturbing for some reason (but then I don't like inside cabins either - I really prefer natural light, but this doesn't bother lots of people!). I also found it uncomfortable to always have to be drawing the curtains for some privacy...remember, not only can you see out to the promenade, if someone down there decides to glance up they can see in too! I also found the noise in the evenings would be bothersome - but again, keep in mind I'm the type who tends to zonk out by 11 pm at the latest, especially after running around in port all day!

It's really a very personal decision based on your own likes/dislikes and tolerances. These are just some of my observations from my experience.

Have fun!

noise - that could be bad.. i had not thought of that. i'm the kinda person who stays up until 2am everyday.. BUTTT i take a 3 hour nap every afternoon/evening.. so noise could be an issue.

light- as i imagine it would be cool looking out the window at the parade, 70's party, etc.. i would not want other people looking in the room.. you're right.. hmm

i think i'll go with oceanview.. or just a plain inside cabin. the weather is great even in december for a western caribbean that i can go outside for heat and sunlight :)

And, one of the benefits of a balcony is, if you are lucky enough to have your balcony facing the port, is watching all those last-minute cruisers running to get onboard before the ship leaves.

Here is a great youtube video of what happens when you do miss the ship. It was posted a year ago and has have over 72,000 hits

I will admit though we are one of the few people who always clap when we see someone does get to board the ship the last minute. It really is disheartening to see how many people clap and whistle when someone misses the ship.

I agree with Tazsamp. We had a midship deck 7 prom on Mariner. We could look down on the pub and see if our friends were down there, but the cabin itself is smaller than a balcony. Not much room between the wall and the foot of the bed...and then of course, the one on the other side of the ship can look right into your room. Once was enough for us.....give me a beautiful blue ocean to look at for any price!:p

I only stay in suites, but I can tell you this about Prom. cabins. On my last cruise (Navigator) I was standing in line at Guest Services, along with lots of other people, and we all were shocked to see 2 semi-nude teen girls up in the window of a Prom. cabin one floor above us, directly across from the desk. It wasn't like anyone was trying to look in, they were in our direct line of sight as we waited in line. You think the GS people would call up to the cabin and warn them (or their parents) or something.:eek:

As a mom, even though I have boys, I wouldn't want my kids up in those rooms, just because kids don't always think before they act, and these girls had no idea that all their business was out on display. They probably would have died of embarrassment.

So people, when you book a Prom. cabin, CLOSE THE DRAPES!!:eek:

I had not even looked into it. I am 20 years old.. first time planning the cruise as I will be going on it with my boyfriend. He is completely against the idea of cruising too. Says he thinks it's dumb..boring..waste of money. OH how little the ignorant one knows ;)

He'll become hooked like I did.

I was on the Voyager when I was 12 years old.. so I don't remember much.. Big windows are a positive as well.. I never even thought of Oceanview.. I assumed it was a tease, if you will

Young & In Love,

I sure hope you will be 21 when you sail regardless of which category you choose. I would hate to see you denied boarding and compensation for failure to comply with the policy.

Here is RCI's age policy

What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

Hi, Checkout this site for pictures. Click vitual tour, then choose a deck and the deck plan will come up. Click a cabin or title like Cafe promenade and you will get pictures. http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

Title of post should read Ship pictures not shop pictures.

Young & In Love,

I sure hope you will be 21 when you sail regardless of which category you choose. I would hate to see you denied boarding and compensation for failure to comply with the policy.

Here is RCI's age policy

What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

I don't mean to come off as rude here, so I apologize if I do, but if you haven't noticed. I've been on 4 other cruises through RCCL. I've been on 2 carnival ones as well. I'm pretty sure by now I would know what the rules are. I am clearly versed on all things cruising, I am an addict and I plan everything. I am well aware of the rules. I am 20 currently, will be 21 next October, and we sail next December.

Also. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to book a cabin-- as they ask for all of the ages.

Just saying that because I'm young does not mean I'm ignorant to cruising. We will not be denied boarding. But thanks for your concern.

I did not mean to disparage you in any way. I just wanted to prevent you from losing a cruise and your money. My kids sailed on 11 cruises as children and teens and as such are versed in all aspect of cruising too.

Unfortunately my husband and I witnessed a young couple ahead of us in the check in line in Galveston be denied boarding because they were both 20 years of age and unmarried. There were tears all around, but the cruise line would not budge. They were told they would not get their money back. They booked the cruise through an online agency and were not aware of the age requirement. I think the agency put in a DOB to meet the rules, but when they verified the information with their passports at the pier it did not agree. I am glad you will be 21 and are aware of the rules and I hope you and your boyfriend have a wonderful cruise. Heck, I have also seen people booked on senior rates asked to pony up more money at the pier. They booked senior rates, but were not 55 and they would not let them board without paying the difference between the senior rate and the regular rate.

Heck, I have also seen people booked on senior rates asked to pony up more money at the pier. They booked senior rates, but were not 55 and they would not let them board without paying the difference between the senior rate and the regular rate.

That's funny! Sortof- :)

Thanks for understanding. It's just hard becuase a lot of people assume since I'm young, I'm naive and ignorant to all things cruising. Which I'm not. I understand you weren't saying that, just wanted to make sure! Lol.

However, we did book through an agency and when I went to start the online check in it has in the system that my first name is "Betsy Bridget" as my first name instead of Betsy and then Bridget as middle.. the T.A. said this won't be a problem as my passport would have my name listed as "Betsy Bridget Brigham" .. but that it's not a problem.. is she right? That's my only worry.. It wouldn't let her change the two, she had to keep them together.

PS. Obviously that's not my name, just so we're clear ;)

I would ask your TA to correct the booking just to make sure there are no problems. He or she should be able to fix it on Cruise Match, the agent booking engine. If not it won't take the agent but a few minutes to call and have RCI change it. RCI will change a first name with no problem and I have actually had no problem with them changing an entire name, as long as one name on the booking remains unchanged. When booking you just give RCI a first and last name. The middle name is added only if it appears on the person's proof of citizenship.

When booking you just give RCI a first and last name. The middle name is added only if it appears on the person's proof of citizenship.

well.. my passport and my license both say Victoria Lynn.. (that's my name haha)..

Victoria Lynn ______

But she has me listed as

First Name: Victoria Lynn

Last Name: _________

so I wasn't sure if that'd need fixed or not. the lynn is on my proof of citizenshpi though

I would get it fixed just in case you encounter somebody who is on a bad day and going on a power trip. It is a relatively easy fix for your travel agent - and as someone else said, they can completely change out all but one person on a reservation anyways for no charge up to a certain point.

I would get it fixed just in case you encounter somebody who is on a bad day and going on a power trip. It is a relatively easy fix for your travel agent - and as someone else said, they can completely change out all but one person on a reservation anyways for no charge up to a certain point.

There's two of us going though.. she has both names like that.

We don't leave til December 2011.. So about 14 months still.

But it says

Victoria Lynn

and then Shawn Matthew.

Will she be able to change both or not?

Archived