Review - Radiance of the Seas, 14 Night Alaska Repositioning - September 10–24, 2010

BILL-WI

My typing is bad, my spelling is worse, so my cruise review is in Youtube video format!

Follow the links below for the review. I hope you will enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed cruising!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

We stopped at 6 ports and watched calving at Hubbard Glacier during the 14 days we sailed on the Alaska repositioning cruise.

Ports of call: Started in Vancouver and sailed the Inside Passage with stops at Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, San Francisco (overnight), and finished in San Diego.

Any questions, just ask...

BILL

Awesome job Bill. What a Labour of love this is!! Have watched the first video and will continue the rest tomorrow..... it's silly o'clock over here in the UK.

Thanks so much for doing this.... you have reminded me just how beautiful Alaska by Radiance is.

Bill you are a true master with the camera. Thank you so much for sharing yours and Rosie's vacation with us. It brought back many wonderful memories of when we did it in 2007..........but you had much better weather.

I guess it doesn't always rain in Juneau!!:D

Oooooh the best thing for PCD is to book the next one!!!

PS I've linked to this thread on the Alaska boards....hope that's ok

Linda...

I have more crusies booked, but until this extended shore excursion ends and I am back on the ship (where I belong), I will not feel right!;):)

Oh, thanks for the link to the Alaska boards.

BILL

Bill --- THANK YOU so much for sharing yours and Rosie's vacation video with us. Who needs written words when you have such a great visual to share.

I must admit, your videos brought tears to my eyes --- tears of joy that is. :) We absolutely love cruising Alaska on the Radiance --- your video brought back so many wonderful memories.

I envy you, we did B2B in May and kept watching that one edge of the glacier at Hubbard and had hoped it would calve for us but it never did. We thought perhaps we would see it calve during our May 2011 B2B but I guess you beat us to it. :)

We are big CHOPS and Portofino fans as well ---enjoyed seeing all the dishes.

I don't know anything about the Mystery Dinner --- it looks like fun though. Can you tell me a little bit about it?

Thanks.

Karen

Bill --- THANK YOU so much for sharing yours and Rosie's vacation video with us. Who needs written words when you have such a great visual to share.

I must admit, your videos brought tears to my eyes --- tears of joy that is. :) We absolutely love cruising Alaska on the Radiance --- your video brought back so many wonderful memories.

I envy you, we did B2B in May and kept watching that one edge of the glacier at Hubbard and had hoped it would calve for us but it never did. We thought perhaps we would see it calve during our May 2011 B2B but I guess you beat us to it. :)

We are big CHOPS and Portofino fans as well ---enjoyed seeing all the dishes.

I don't know anything about the Mystery Dinner --- it looks like fun though. Can you tell me a little bit about it?

Thanks.

Karen

Karen...

First, thanks for the very kind words about the video from you and from everyone else on this thread.

The Mystery Dinner was fun because we did it with a group of friends that we had met on our CC roll call thread. The "Mystery" starts in the Colony Club and after about 20 minutes moves to Portofino. It is a play about "who done it" and I think the actors can change the ending to fit their mood. It was great fun to do once, but I would not be inclined to it again. The price was $49.95 per person and included the play, food, and wine!

BILL

Karen...

First, thanks for the very kind words about the video from you and from everyone else on this thread.

The Mystery Dinner was fun because we did it with a group of friends that we had met on our CC roll call thread. The "Mystery" starts in the Colony Club and after about 20 minutes moves to Portofino. It is a play about "who done it" and I think the actors can change the ending to fit their mood. It was great fun to do once, but I would not be inclined to it again. The price was $49.95 per person and included the play, food, and wine!

BILL

Bill -- Thank you for the information on the Mystery Dinner, I appreciate it. Sounds similar to one we attended on a train for a New Year's dinner party. I agree, they are fun once.

Karen

i have now watched you on three different cruises now, you get better and better with the videos. thanks for the work in posting them. where and when is your next cruise. after watching your videos on mariner, we sailed her in may and had an awesome time.

Bill:

I watched all five of your videos as you posted them. They were great!!!!. It looks like you had a great time and you sure enjoy Chops and Portofino!!!!!.

Thanks for letting us share your trip.

Glad you enjoyed the videos. Yes, we do enjoy the specialty restaurants and I always do my best to promote them because I feel they are a great experience and a very good value!

Bill - what an amazing job you've done on the videos. I've never been on an Alaskian cruise and I really enjoyed your presentation. It seems like you and Rosie had a wonderful 14-day cruise. Thanks again for sharing:)

I am glad you enjoyed the video. I think, I hear Alaska calling your name!:)

i have now watched you on three different cruises now, you get better and better with the videos. thanks for the work in posting them. where and when is your next cruise. after watching your videos on mariner, we sailed her in may and had an awesome time.

Thanks for the very kind words about the video. Next up, in January 2011, we are doing a repeat B2B on Serenade; just like we did this past January.

BILL

Great!! I watched them all! So how does one go about combining video with still shots? Is there an easy website (and free) to set it up in?

Thanks for your kind words!

Easy and free?:eek::eek: I wish!

I use a program called Proshow. I started with the Gold version many years ago and have graduated (gained experience and spent more $$$) to the Producer version 2 years ago. It took about 40 hours to put this show together, but it is a labor of love....

BILL

Thanks for your kind words!

Easy and free?:eek::eek: I wish!

I use a program called Proshow. I started with the Gold version many years ago and have graduated (gained experience and spent more $$$) to the Producer version 2 years ago. It took about 40 hours to put this show together, but it is a labor of love....

BILL

And it shows. Nice job, although Bunny would have preferred a somewhat more flattering pre-cruise dinner picture. ;):rolleyes::)

Great job Bill!! Really enjoyed all your terrific videos. We have been on the Radiance a few years back (Miami to San Diego).We saw our friends John & Betty (Miami) in your videos. Wonderful people. We have been on a couple of cruises with them in the past. Our last was a transatlantic on the Navigator of the Seas (Spring,2010). We are headed back to the Radiance for a back to back adventure out of Tampa starting on Oct.16th. It's only 9 days total, but at least we are sailing with a great group of friends. Thanks again for sharing your fun times!! John & Priscilla

And it shows. Nice job, although Bunny would have preferred a somewhat more flattering pre-cruise dinner picture. ;):rolleyes::)

I'll try to take only glamor photos of her from now on...:):) I think I'll have a lot of time to work on it....18 days...April 2012!:D

Great job Bill!! Really enjoyed all your terrific videos. We have been on the Radiance a few years back (Miami to San Diego).We saw our friends John & Betty (Miami) in your videos. Wonderful people. We have been on a couple of cruises with them in the past. Our last was a transatlantic on the Navigator of the Seas (Spring,2010). We are headed back to the Radiance for a back to back adventure out of Tampa starting on Oct.16th. It's only 9 days total, but at least we are sailing with a great group of friends. Thanks again for sharing your fun times!! John & Priscilla

Thanks for the kind words about the video. Glad you enjoyed it.

John and Betty are wonderful people. Unfortunately, they are getting kicked off the ship today in Tampa, after doing a wonderful B2B. I can not wait to hear what they thought about the Canal.

BILL

Great!! I watched them all! So how does one go about combining video with still shots? Is there an easy website (and free) to set it up in?

If you have a mac, its very easy to do in imovie. I do all sorts of still slide shows for our vacations. And best of all its included in any new Mac purchase!!:D

Very nice video series!!! I thought this was a very innovative way to do a review and much easier to "read".

I have to ask though, did you eat at Chops or Portifino every night of the cruise? Try the MDR at all? It must be nice to be able to eat at a specialty restaurant so many times, we normally can only choose one or two nights. Good for you!

Very nice video series!!! I thought this was a very innovative way to do a review and much easier to "read".

I have to ask though, did you eat at Chops or Portifino every night of the cruise? Try the MDR at all? It must be nice to be able to eat at a specialty restaurant so many times, we normally can only choose one or two nights. Good for you!

First...thanks for the kind words about the video.:)

Yes, we eat in either Chops, or Portofino each night. I feel the extra money we spend on the meal is justified by the quality of the food and the service. I know what we do is a bit out of the ordinary and not for everyone, but it has worked for us over the last 5 years. :):)

BILL

Archived