Can you......?

SiBreeze

I know you can bring wine on at embarcation. Can you bring a bottle of wine on at a port stop? I know they will take hard liquor away and return it on the last night. Anyone have experience with this? thanks :)

We have brought wine and champagne back board at many ports along the way....usually just a bottle or two but there really is no limit specified that I am aware of. AT initial embarkation, we each have carried on several bottles and I have seen folks carry on up to a case.

Most times security doesn't even bother to check it but several times they have verified that it is not liquor. Enforcement varies.

thanks my 21 year old daughter is cruising with me an has asked me about this ,I have been reading the forum,an for the life of me couldnt come up with an answer..I told her she can buy some in FL an try ,all they will do is take it away....

Each adult passenger may carry on one bottle according to the Passage Contract.

Read the passenger contract as there is no mention of any amount of wine.The one bottle limit is only mentioned in the cruise answer book which has no standing,as the contract is the final agreement.I bring the contract along but have never been questioned as to the amount of wine I bring aboard.

An where does beer fit in to it,its not hard liquor,not wine,does anyone really know????

Since the contract and cruise answer book specifically state that only wine and champagne are allowed to be brought onboard, bringing either beer or hard liquor would technically violate the policy. However, put it in your checked bags and you won't have a problem the vast majority of the time. Many people carry it on without any problems, but I've seen it confiscated that way a couple of times. Like many of their other policies, Princess has a policy that they put in writing without actually enforcing it. People tend to like the ignored policies that benefit them and rail against the ones that don't.

Read the passenger contract as there is no mention of any amount of wine.The one bottle limit is only mentioned in the cruise answer book which has no standing,as the contract is the final agreement.I bring the contract along but have never been questioned as to the amount of wine I bring aboard.

I actually loaded the contract into the ibooks portion of my iphone so I have it readily at hand if they don't like the amount of wine that I'm bringing onboard for my 10/30 Crown sailing.

SiBreeze, there are a hundred different answers to this question depending upon who you ask. Many people referred you to the Passage Contract which states that you "must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage".

Because the parenthetical with the exception for wine and champagne is not repeated in this sentence, it does not exempt wine/champagne that is bought duty free. I concede that others will disagree.

A forum search will turn up 100s of people who have successfully brought wine and other liquor on board at a port and 100s that had to give it up. I've been in the former category with rum in the islands.

Good luck.

I've been on a Princess ship where I was shocked at how much alcohol of all kinds was being allowed to be brought on board openly (this was the last port before 6 sea days), and another where a couple was being told they couldn't bring on 2 bottles of wine. So it just depends. I wouldn't risk the former, but would argue for the latter.

Island and Coral Princess's Patisserie is just small pastries and cookies and the like, nothing like the International Cafe which has beautiful glass cases with salads, sandwiches, desserts, and other goodies. At the International Cafe the food is free except for gelato, the Patisserie goodies are also free, but there are just trays set up on the coffee bar. Also tea time has finger sandwiches, scones, cookies etc, and it is free it is held in one of the dining rooms around 3:30 PM.

Don't worry, you won't starve and most food is free except room service Pizza or party platters (it will be listed in the information book in your cabin) and specialty restaraunts.

Archived