New to Princess

kikiz

My husband and I just booked the Meditteranean & Aegean cruise for next month. We've been on other cruises but never the Princess. I have a question about soda. Do they have soda cards? Also, I can't have caeffine or sugar: do they servce some type of sugar free caeffine free soda?

Are there any other tips you can share for a first timer on the Princess Star??? Thanks so much!

I found on the Princess website that they offer Diet Sprite which would be caffeine free and sugar free.

If I am not mistaken, that is offered in cans only. If it is from the soda gun, then the soda card/sticker would cover it, but if it is only in cans (which I think it is) then it would not be offered with the soda card/sticker.

You can bring soda on board yourself. We would find grocery/corner stores in Europe and buy what we wanted to take aboard. We enjoy trying something different and I am sure you can find sodas to fit your needs and taste. I know we bought in Greece to take ashore in Egypt.

The soda card (actually a sticker on your cruise card) is only for bar-distributed Coke products, which do not include caffeine-free Diet Coke. However, you can get Sprite Zero in a can which I believe does not have any caffeine. I don't know if caffeine-free Coke is available in a can.

As I'm Elite, I get the mini-bar set-up. Once onboard, I always call Room Service to get everything changed out for Sprite Zero. You can either bring soda onboard with you or call Room Service and ask what is available and order it.

Just double-checked and Sprite Zero IS caffeine-free.

Something I do is bring travel-sized packets of Crystal Light which I mix with water. It's easy to pack and you can get a variety of flavors.

Thank you everyone for all your help! Sprite Zero will be great and the Crystal Light idea is super too.

I have another question....Does it cost to go to The Sanctuary? I read somewhere that it was $10 for half a day. I"m hoping there are free places to go to relax, enjoy some quiet time with a good book.

Thanks again for everyone's help!:D

This has been helpful for me also. We leave on Oct 17th for our first Princess cruise on Crown Princess. We are seasoned cruisers but have never been on Princess and I also wondered about the Soda cards.

Many thanks

Archived