Need a quick recommendation for a hotel in Victoria

We are actually on a road trip and have decided to stay in Victoria on Monday night. Checked several sites and rates seem to be very reasonable for harborside hotels, but we have NO idea which are good and which are not. This will probably only be for one night--any suggestions from those in the know?

Thanks,

Cathy

We are actually on a road trip and have decided to stay in Victoria on Monday night. Checked several sites and rates seem to be very reasonable for harborside hotels, but we have NO idea which are good and which are not. This will probably only be for one night--any suggestions from those in the know?

Thanks,

Cathy

Hotel grand Pacific is hard to beat. Spend time at the Royal BC museum if you can.

Thanks,

Cathy

Give me a list, I'll tell you what to avoid. But there's a lot of hotels in Victoria to just start listing, and different people look for different things in a hotel.

Okay, all these are around $100: Harbor Towers, Huntingdon, Coast Victoria Harborside, Royal Scot, Oswego, Inn at Laurel Pointe, Four Points Sheraton Gateway--and lots more! The Grand Pacific is about $150--not sure if it is worth 50% more? We don't even have to be in the harbor area, those are just the ones that pop up first. Really open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the help guys! CC's ARE the best!

Okay, all these are around $100: Harbor Towers, Huntingdon, Coast Victoria Harborside, Royal Scot, Oswego, Inn at Laurel Pointe, Four Points Sheraton Gateway--and lots more! The Grand Pacific is about $150--not sure if it is worth 50% more? We don't even have to be in the harbor area, those are just the ones that pop up first. Really open to any suggestions.

Thanks for the help guys! CC's ARE the best!

Most of these are in the James Bay (between downtown and the cruise dock) area. A nice area to stay

Given your list, the Inn at Laurel Point, and the Oswego are the nicest, the Coast Victoria Harbourside (there's a u in harbour here in Canada) is good too.

The Royal Scot, Huntingdon Manor & Harbour Towers are not quite up to the level of the ones above

and... Four Points Sheraton Gateway: WAAAAY out in the burbs (miles from anwhere except Costco)

Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for all the help. We ended up at the Coast Victoria Harbourside for $99 in a superior king room with a great water view; lovely room and very good location, walked all over the place. Victoria is a great city--can't wait to go back. Unf. the ferries are a pain, hate that you have to be there 90 minutes early for a 90 minute trip, but they're the only game in town and they make the rules!

You guys are the best!

Cathy

Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for all the help. We ended up at the Coast Victoria Harbourside for $99 in a superior king room with a great water view; lovely room and very good location, walked all over the place. Victoria is a great city--can't wait to go back. Unf. the ferries are a pain, hate that you have to be there 90 minutes early for a 90 minute trip, but they're the only game in town and they make the rules!

You guys are the best!

Cathy

It depends which ferry you're talking about. For the Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay (Vancouver-Victoria) route; you have to be there 10 mins prior to sailing (30 if you have a reservation), not 90; although this time of year they only run every 1-2 hours.

The Victoria-Port Angeles ferry, you have to be there 90 min in advance due to the fact you clear US Immigration in Victoria prior to crossing; the ferry doesn't have much choice about it; it's set by the US DHS

Gosh, this thread takes me back. Looking at the listing of all those hotels, I know them all from when I lived and worked in Victoria.

OP glad you had a nice room at a good rate. Yes, the ferries are a pain and it was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back when we decided to leave Victoria and move to the Mainland. Ah well. :)

You guys are the best!

Cathy

I'm glad you stayed at the Coast and liked it. That would have been my recommendation if I'd seen the thread earlier. We've also stayed at the Royal Scots, which is fine, if a little rundown. Don't EVER stay there in summer, though. Victoria doesn't seem hot until you are in a hotel room with no a/c.

Viv

Archived