Allure (Oasis) juice / milk question

Hi there,

We just booked our first cruise on RC on the Allure for 01/02/11, so excited!!!

I just had a question concerning what's included as far as drinks - water, juice, milk.... I know you can purchase a mug for soft drinks but my kids (aged 1, 4 and 6) do not drink them. How easy is it to find juice or milk on the ship? Do I have to buy the juice package? I assume it's available at the restaurants or in the MDR but what about a drink station open all day long? And what kind of juice can I expect to find?

And what about milk? And water - can you get bottled water or tap or do you have to buy the water package there again?

Thanks for your input.

Hi there,

We just booked our first cruise on RC on the Allure for 01/02/11, so excited!!!

I just had a question concerning what's included as far as drinks - water, juice, milk.... I know you can purchase a mug for soft drinks but my kids (aged 1, 4 and 6) do not drink them. How easy is it to find juice or milk on the ship? Do I have to buy the juice package? I assume it's available at the restaurants or in the MDR but what about a drink station open all day long? And what kind of juice can I expect to find?

And what about milk? And water - can you get bottled water or tap or do you have to buy the water package there again?

Thanks for your input.

Juices are available at no charge at breakfast. Milk is available at all meals.

In between meals, it gets a bit dicier. Take some empty water bottles with you in your luggage, and at breakfast, take a glass of juice and fill your water bottle. Keep it in your cabin's refrigerator.

You can get milk in cartons in the Windjammer almost all day. You can take those back to your cabin, too. But don't keep it too long - it's not really cold.

Water is pure and good and no charge. No need for purchasing bottled water.

Thanks Merion Mom for your quick reply. You mentioned a fridge in the cabin. I assume it's very small - big enough to put a couple of water bottles, I hope?

You can fit about 10 regular (pint) size water bottles in there, some standing up and some on their sides. Just take all of Royal Caribbean's crap, er, stuff, out first. :)

Just a FYI, the "free" juice is not real juice. It is a concentrate and has added high fructose corn syrup. (At least the orange juice is like that. I didn't get a chance to look at the other varieties.) If you want to avoid the added high fructose corn syrup with your children, you might want to consider purchasing the juice package instead.

The refrigerators in the cabin don't keep things very cold. If you keep milk in there, make sure to put it all the way in the very back. They're the size of a typical small dorm fridge. They'll be filled with the typical pricey mini-bar stuff (soda, bottled water, candy, etc) and you can ask the room steward to remove all of that so you can put your own stuff in it.

Sherry,

That's a good point about the corn syrup.... I always give them the real thing, especially for the baby so I might consider getting the juice package, or I might just buy a bottle of apple juice at a time when I need it. DOes someone know how much a juice bottle goes for on the ship?

Thanks.

Sherry,

That's a good point about the corn syrup.... I always give them the real thing, especially for the baby so I might consider getting the juice package, or I might just buy a bottle of apple juice at a time when I need it. DOes someone know how much a juice bottle goes for on the ship?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of the prices, but someone here will probably know. If your kids drink tomato juice or V-8, that was "real" juice the last time I had it.

The Windjammer is open most of the time, correct? (I think closed here and there before set-up for each meal, right?) So, then, I think we could go get beverages there most of the day--milk, flavored water, tea, lemondade but juice only at breakfast. However, if you don't have a soda package, can you ONLY get these drinks from Windjammer or maybe that other sandwich place on the promenade? For instance, I could get a soda at any of the many bars throughout the ship and poolside, etc., but if my family wants flavored water or iced tea, we're going to have to trek all the way to Windjammer? (While the OP is on Oasis, I'll be on Explorer, if there's a difference.)

Archived