Where to stay prior to Oasis in Fort Lauderdale

renae83

Where is a good place to stay before going on Oasis of the seas? we will have 2 adults and 4 children. Does anyone provide transportation to and from the pier? how much extra is this service? any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Flying into FLL makes it much easier - MIA is a 40+ minute ride away.:( Once you are in Fort Lauderdale taxis are cheap and your hotel front desk can suggest other transportation options.

17th Street/Downtown Hotels: These are moderately priced chain hotels on a very wide street. Surrounded by chain restaurants and drug stores where you can buy last minute items. Hotels would be Hyatt Place, Marriott and Hilton brands. Charmless, but convenient and inexpensive. Most have free shuttles from FLL. Hyatt Pier 66 is on the edge, right at the drawbridge, but a great hotel with a marina, outdoor bar and grill and a water taxi stop.

Las Olas Blvd: A lovely street with cafes and shops. Only one hotel here, but it's very nice, Riverside Hotel. Some have been getting amazing deals on this property through bidding sites.

Ft. Lauderdale Beach: If you get in early, and you want a taste of the tropical lifestyle, you can stay on the beach. Westin, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort, Lago Mar and W are options. This area is full of beach style restaurants and shops. More expensive than 17th Street :eek:, but very nice and fun.

Good luck!:)

Where is a good place to stay before going on Oasis of the seas? we will have 2 adults and 4 children. Does anyone provide transportation to and from the pier? how much extra is this service? any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

We sailed from Fort Lauderdale three weeks ago.We stayed at the 17th street HOLIDAY INN.It is a ok hotel ,the price was right $124.00,breakfast included ,it was good.

Transportation from the hotel to the pier is $8.00 per person and from the pier to the airport also $8.00.The transfer company is Aces tours ,I highly recommend them,pick us up and had us to the airport in15 minutes.

I,ve saved the best for last, right across the street from the hotel is the Bimini Boatyard one of the best places i,ve ever eaten in.

If you go onto book it dot com and choose the "mystery airport hotel" it is the Hampton Inn on Stirling. For my dates it was $80 and includes transfers to the hotel and then to the port. Also includes free continental breakfast. :):):)

If you go onto book it dot com and choose the "mystery airport hotel" it is the Hampton Inn on Stirling. For my dates it was $80 and includes transfers to the hotel and then to the port. Also includes free continental breakfast. :):):)

Hi Smurphy, does the mystery hotel on bookit.com change each week/month?

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, 2520 Striling Rd., Hollywood, FL. for under $100/couple. They have a shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the pier - no extra charge. Very nice breakfast buffet Sat AM (we cruised the Oasis sailing on Saturday) and a very nice hamburger cookout by the pool on Friday evening ( we loved it - we were too pooped to go out). Several restaurants are within walking distance as well. Great place to spend a night before a cruise.

We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites as well but that was expensive, $225+ per couple. They also have a to/from pier shuttle but you have to pay a small fee. I don't think they have an airport shuttle. This is a beautiful hotel with a great view of the port from higher levels. We normally stay in ES thorught the US but this one is a bit pricey.

-----------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… ready to pull the trigger…

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Hi Smurphy, does the mystery hotel on bookit.com change each week/month?

I don't know if they change it or not. Here is the description of the hotel when I booked. "Do what you feel like in laid-back Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 5 miles from the airport with family-friendly fun, wild ocean thrills, and exquisite arts and culture. Whether you come for the Fort Lauderdale beaches or the Hollywood beaches, you`ll be astonished at the miles of spectacular coastline within minutes of the hotel."

I received this tip from these boards and felt confident taking the chance and booked it! Once you book, you get your email revealing the hotel name.

We always stay at the Springhill, free shuttle from the airport and to the pier as well as free breakfast and a large shopping center across the street. Also we've nabbed a Best Rate Guarantee multiple times at that hotel, our best deal was $61/night! Book at Marriott and they find it cheaper somewhere else, Kayak is a great source for that.

Several hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area offer a complimentary shuttle to the pier. If you check out the websites of the major chains you can see which ones offer this service. I know that the La Quinta in Hollywood offers a free shuttle to the pier and allows you to leave your car at their hotel for the duration of your cruise. (There is a fee if you want to use the shuttle to return and pick up your car at the end of the cruise). We got this hotel last year by bidding $65 on Priceline. This coming November we got rooms at the Hyatt Place - Ft. Lauderdale Airport South, again for a $65 bid. It offers free shuttle service to and from the airport but I am not sure about service to the cruise terminal.

We are coming to Ft. Lauderdale on the 9th of november and going on Oasis november 13th..

Staying at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Can't really say how it is but a good price if you compare to prices over here in Sweden.

All rooms are suites with jacuzzi and we have a room with oceanview.

Downside that we know of now is that breakfast isn't included and there is no shuttle, however a taxi isn't much to the port!

We stayed at the Ramada. If you like older motel 6's with a surley staff you'll love this place .

Thanks Smurphy. I just booked it:) It is the Hampton Inn. We have 4 people for 2 nights, came to $206.04, which I think is great. As you said includes continental breakfast. It didn't specify transfer to the port though, it just said complimentary area shuffle (which I took to be the airport, but not sure what else). I went to Trip Advisor and the comments were good on this hotel.

Interesting to note that it said there were only 2 rooms left at that price, so after I booked I went back and it showed there was only 1 room left. (Sometimes, well most of the time, I think they aren't telling the truth when they say that).:D

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, 2520 Striling Rd., Hollywood, FL. for under $100/couple. They have a shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the pier - no extra charge. Very nice breakfast buffet Sat AM (we cruised the Oasis sailing on Saturday) and a very nice hamburger cookout by the pool on Friday evening ( we loved it - we were too pooped to go out). Several restaurants are within walking distance as well. Great place to spend a night before a cruise.

We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites as well but that was expensive, $225+ per couple. They also have a to/from pier shuttle but you have to pay a small fee. I don't think they have an airport shuttle. This is a beautiful hotel with a great view of the port from higher levels. We normally stay in ES thorught the US but this one is a bit pricey.

We're going on the Oasis in August of 2011, and we checked out this hotel online after reading this post. We got a GREAT deal for $62 a night, and free shuttle to the cruise terminal, and back from after the cruise.

One thing to keep in mind is the complaint by many people that the "free shuttle to/from port" shares the shuttle with many hotels; and it is already full by the time it gets to your hotel; either wake up early and have plenty of time if the shuttle is full when it comes to your hotel; or call the hotel ahead of time and ask how many hotels it shares the shuttle with; we stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dania; it cost extra per person but only shared the port shuttle with the Hyatt Place across the street; the cost was pretty reasonable for the five of us, I just cannot remember the exact cost; it was a beautiful new hotel, our room included two full size beds and a sofa pull out bed; and it did include free airport shuttle; we would definitely stay there again

I'm thinking it might be less painful to just get a cab to the port. In our case, we're always anxious to get to the port, and don't want to wait in line for a shuttle:). Anyone have ideas on cost of cab to the port?

I'm thinking it might be less painful to just get a cab to the port. In our case, we're always anxious to get to the port, and don't want to wait in line for a shuttle:). Anyone have ideas on cost of cab to the port?

After reading here about lines for shuttles, I was thinking the same thing. It seems many hotels are in close proximity to airport and cruise port wouldn't it be easier just to get a taxi (if only 2 people traveling)?

After reading here about lines for shuttles, I was thinking the same thing. It seems many hotels are in close proximity to airport and cruise port wouldn't it be easier just to get a taxi (if only 2 people traveling)?

I know one year we had a family group of about 20 of us, staying at a hotel that provided shuttle to port. Well of course, we couldn't all fit in one shuttle....some were very upset they didn't get on the first shuttle. I think taxi is the way to go.

Archived