Airport Transportation at 4 a.m. ???

diane.in.ny

One couple in our group has a 7:45 a.m. flight out of Venice.

They are staying at the Hilton because they had points to use. Never dawned on them there might be an issue getting to the airport that early.

They haven't found a solution yet. Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated?

One couple in our group has a 7:45 a.m. flight out of Venice.

They are staying at the Hilton because they had points to use. Never dawned on them there might be an issue getting to the airport that early.

They haven't found a solution yet. Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated?

If first leg is in Europe they need to be at the airport at 6:30, if to USA need to be there at 6:00 Safest option is private water taxi. 30 minutes on the taxi plus 10 minutes at the airport end. Expensive yes. Hilton can advise and arrange. They won't be the first guests with this issue. Anther option is to give up last night at the Hilton and stay at the Marriott at the airport the night before. Probably wouldn't cost much more than the taxi fare and would be less worrisome.

If first leg is in Europe they need to be at the airport at 6:30, if to USA need to be there at 6:00 Safest option is private water taxi. 30 minutes on the taxi plus 10 minutes at the airport end. Expensive yes. Hilton can advise and arrange. They won't be the first guests with this issue. Anther option is to give up last night at the Hilton and stay at the Marriott at the airport the night before. Probably wouldn't cost much more than the taxi fare and would be less worrisome.

That would be my vote, I know you loss part of a night in Venice but I don't like the alternatives.

Kirk

I do NOT believe that the Venice airport is open at 4AM!!

I believe that nothing there opens until 5AM at the earliest!

I agree that if their first leg is to another city in Europe they do not have to be there soooo early!!

We had a flight around that time to Milan a couple of years ago, and arrived two hours prior like the well trained American travelers that we are. We sat for about 45 minutes before they opened the desk to check us in, and after that another half hour until the cafe opened so we could get some coffee.

Two years ago I was flying EasyJet from Milan Malpensa to London Gatwick. Their check in desk didn't even open less than 1 hr prior to departure and plane embarkation is 10 to 15 min prior to take off. I took 4:30am bus for nothing.

Several in our group ARE staying at the Marriott for their last night. This couple had the points for free nights at the Hilton.

Looks like what they saved on a hotel night they are going to end up paying for a private shuttle :(

I did pass along everyone's comments about not arriving at the airport before 6 a.m. Thanks!

Archived