My first platinum experience

echo

I recently cruised out of Jax on the Fascination on my 10th cruise. And I wanted to pass on my platinum experience. We were cruising with another couple who were first timers and had decided to check in with them and not do VIP. After we all went through the scanners, a lady was there to direct us and we got through the scanners first. She looked at our boarding pass and directed us to the VIP area, I told her we wanted to check in with our friends and we would pass. She told us we had no choice but to check in VIP and to move along. I told her well atleast let me tell our friends what is happening. At this point she waved them through to follow us. So please don't everyone jump on me, we will more than willing to go through the regular line and never asked for a favor. Ok on to the check in. We sat in a lounge area with chairs sofas and lemonade. Then they called us up to a sit down desk and checked us in. We then proceeded to a special waiting are awith chairs and in no time we were on the ship. I have to admit it was nice.

We had the personalized stationary which we actually did get to use on the ship but that's another story. A picture frame and a welcome letter with what all to expect. And even though this was a 5 night cruise we got both canapés and petit fours on 2 nites. I did use the platinum pursers line and it was really nice one day when the regular line had atleast 30 people in it. We only had one tender but we didn't try to use the priority there as our friends were with us. We did partake in the free slot pull. Didn't do the laundry thing. We did self assist and got to get off the ship first. And that was probably the best perk.

I recently cruised out of Jax on the Fascination on my 10th cruise. And I wanted to pass on my platinum experience. We were cruising with another couple who were first timers and had decided to check in with them and not do VIP. After we all went through the scanners, a lady was there to direct us and we got through the scanners first. She looked at our boarding pass and directed us to the VIP area, I told her we wanted to check in with our friends and we would pass. She told us we had no choice but to check in VIP and to move along. I told her well atleast let me tell our friends what is happening. At this point she waved them through to follow us. So please don't everyone jump on me, we will more than willing to go through the regular line and never asked for a favor. Ok on to the check in. We sat in a lounge area with chairs sofas and lemonade. Then they called us up to a sit down desk and checked us in. We then proceeded to a special waiting are awith chairs and in no time we were on the ship. I have to admit it was nice.

We had the personalized stationary which we actually did get to use on the ship but that's another story. A picture frame and a welcome letter with what all to expect. And even though this was a 5 night cruise we got both canapés and petit fours on 2 nites. I did use the platinum pursers line and it was really nice one day when the regular line had atleast 30 people in it. We only had one tender but we didn't try to use the priority there as our friends were with us. We did partake in the free slot pull. Didn't do the laundry thing. We did self assist and got to get off the ship first. And that was probably the best perk.

Try the wash and fold. Nothing like traveling with only a carry on cause you can get your clothes laundered

They wanted you to check in at the VIP area, because that is where your cards were being held.

Your friends' cards were being held in the regular check in area.

Its always a comotion when you want to do what there are no rules to handle, gray areas. Not new. They arent going to probably ever standardise a rule either to handle when people dont want to check in where Carnival wants them to check in.

They wanted you to check in at the VIP area, because that is where your cards were being held.

Your friends' cards were being held in the regular check in area.

Its always a comotion when you want to do what there are no rules to handle, gray areas. Not new. They arent going to probably ever standardise a rule either to handle when people dont want to check in where Carnival wants them to check in.

When you check in on the kiosk in Miami it doesn't matter if you are VIP.

We did because that is where they told us to go:rolleyes: Another mis informed employee........well long story short we just checked in on the kiosk and went to the desk and she gave us our cards. Platinum and non platinum. I believe they print them out right there........

So then we walked over to VIP and hung out there until boarding....

Can't wait. I am platinum on tomorrow's cruise.:D

Mary, you will love it...Use the laundry it's the best perk...althought the free tournament cards are nice and priority tender also...See you next May..Carolyn will be Milestone by the time we sail with you in May...Dennis

I didnt really know how to go about using the free wash and fold.

Put all your clothes that you want to be washed (don't do delicates), fill out the form provided, write "Platinum" on the bag & hand it to your room steward. If you give it to the steward by 9a.m., you should get your clothes back by late afternoon.

VIP's are guests who book suite cabins.

I will be Platinum on our next cruise! Cant wait!

Now...if my DH would just let me book our next cruise I would have even more to look forward to! Darn, going thru withdrawal already.:(

Oh, ok. Thanks! Yes, I've heard that suite customers get the same perks as platinum, but I didn't know that they were called VIP's. Now I know!

I will be platinum after my cruise this weekend. Altho, my friend that I always cruise with (cabin mate) is platinum, so I've pretty much gotten the same benefits as she has (almost) since we're together.

For the wash and fold some stewards want you to fill out the form and make a list of what you are sending and some do not. Kind of strange.

As a matter of fact last week on the Liberty he did not take our first day's laundry as we did not complete the form. Last cruise on the Glory they did not ask for it.

OP you could have taken your friends with you for the priority tender. I do that when I am cruising with friends. I think as long as it's not an excessive amount of people, it's not a problem. Be prepared for the evil eye, but I just explain to people what's going on and then they are very understanding. Lots of cruisers are unaware of the Platinum program.

For the slot/blackjack tournament perk, do you only get to do one? Or do you get to do more than one if you're on a longer cruise?

Sad to say...only one. They have a list at the cashier's cage, and once you get your "complimentary" entry, that's it! Good luck!

Archived