century 10/13 cruise cancelled in Nice

ghstudio

I would really like to book another cruise, but after reading all this material, I am really not sure this is the line I want to cruise with anymore. What do you all think? I can vote by taking my vacation dollars elsewhere.

Any suggestions as to other lines to cruise with? I don't want hourly announcements or constant sales being pushed in my face.

Saw on a few posts that Celebrity are refunding 3 days of hotel/meal after disembarkation. How did people go about getting that? Did you just keep calling them and asking for money or did they send you something in the mail? Just want to see how I can also get some $ back of staying in Europe on my own after they dumped us. Thank you!

We sent the receipts of the hotels in with our air tickets documentations. BTW we just got our original air refunded today, to the cent.

Still waiting for the $100/pp incidentals and 3 nights hotel after disembarkation. (We did not claim any meals because we did not keep any receipts).

GG2000

Were you able to use each pasengers dicount certificates for your new booking?

Our certificates have been submitted but we await confirmation of acceptance and valuation. icon5.gif

I had having previously phoned both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (with whom we booked) they both stated the certificates would be honoured icon4.gif

Dear all

After reading the cruisecritic.com news

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4245, I urged Celebrity Hong Kong (where I directly booked from) to look at the case, however, theie e-mail reply is:

"The additonal fee( after 3 days from day of disembarkation ) already covered under USD250 flight change fee per guest and USD100 incidental refund per guest that was recorded by Accounting.So no more futher refund will be given."

Could Erica Silverstein, Senior Editor of cruisecritic.com help to verify with Celebrity Cynthia Martinez! Or please provide a contact.

If any fellow 10/13 Century Cuiser has actually got any compensation for "3 days from day of disembarkation", please make a post here.

Have just heard from Viva Voyages that our cruise refund was 'posted' on November 24th and it should reach our account within 10 business days, fingers crossed.

We have today resubmitted our claim to Celebrity including the requested receipts for taxis, hotels, meals etc. I hope we don't get another letter telling us they will get back to us within 28 days, it would be nice to have this whole thing done and dusted before Christmas.

We are reserving judgement on whether we will use Celebrity again ~ depending on the outcome of our claim!

Checked out the new Captain's Club setup on Celebrity's website. I find it very interesting that the 10/13/10 Century cruise is included in my list of sailings but with a nice little zero in the cruise credit column. Why bother to include it as a sailing if they are not giving you credit for it???

It almost seems in bad taste to have it show up as a reminder of how things went so horribly wrong and flaunt that it didn't count as even 1 of the 2 credits it would have earned us. Very strange.

Have just heard from Viva Voyages that our cruise refund was 'posted' on November 24th and it should reach our account within 10 business days, fingers crossed.

We have today resubmitted our claim to Celebrity including the requested receipts for taxis, hotels, meals etc. I hope we don't get another letter telling us they will get back to us within 28 days, it would be nice to have this whole thing done and dusted before Christmas.

We are reserving judgement on whether we will use Celebrity again ~ depending on the outcome of our claim!

Our TA advised today that a credit was posted to our VISA on Nov 29. Haven't set it yet, but fingers crossed!

Checked out the new Captain's Club setup on Celebrity's website. I find it very interesting that the 10/13/10 Century cruise is included in my list of sailings but with a nice little zero in the cruise credit column. Why bother to include it as a sailing if they are not giving you credit for it???

It almost seems in bad taste to have it show up as a reminder of how things went so horribly wrong and flaunt that it didn't count as even 1 of the 2 credits it would have earned us. Very strange.

Received an email from the Captain's Club informing us that we were getting a free cruise for the "Inconvenience" we suffered on the Century Oct. 13 sailing. Called to find out when the credit would be mailed, was put on hold and finally told I should speak to the post cruise desk.

Was then told that the 25% towards a future cruise was IT and that I should ignore the email. How stupid and naive of me to think that Mr. Hanrahan, Mr. Fain and Mr. Goldstein would ever want to compensate us in a decent way. Just makes me kind of wonder if there might be some in the Captain's Club that were compensated at a higher level??????

Received an email from the Captain's Club informing us that we were getting a free cruise for the "Inconvenience" we suffered on the Century Oct. 13 sailing. Called to find out when the credit would be mailed, was put on hold and finally told I should speak to the post cruise desk.

Was then told that the 25% towards a future cruise was IT and that I should ignore the email. How stupid and naive of me to think that Mr. Hanrahan, Mr. Fain and Mr. Goldstein would ever want to compensate us in a decent way. Just makes me kind of wonder if there might be some in the Captain's Club that were compensated at a higher level??????

Honestly, why do they do things like that? I had something similar happen a couple of months ago after being told by one CSR that I qualified for the buy one, get one half off promotion, and then told by another that I didn't. I spoke to a supervisor about it and was told the bottom line was that I didn't qualify. Okay, it bothered me, but I got over it. And then a month later, another supervisor called me to see if I was looking forward to the cruise and if I still considered Celebrity to be my favorite cruise line. I told her I would have much better thoughts of Celebrity if they could get all of their CSR's on the same page so misinformation would not be given out to their passengers, and asked her if anything was going to be done about what had been told to me. She said no, there was nothing that could be done; she simply wanted to let me know that I was valuable customer and they wanted me to be happy. As far as I was concerned, the phone call was a slap in the face and totally unnecessary; kind of like picking at a scab that was almost completely healed over, only to have it break open the wound and have to start the healing process all over again.

If you received an email from the Captain's Club, don't delete it. Keep it, because you may have some legal standing if they refuse to honor it. I wouldn't stop pursuing it just because one of their CSR's told you it would not be forthcoming. Talk to the Resolutions Desk if the Captain's Club will not assist you and let them know strongly that you want what was promised to you in the email.

Hmmm- sure does make you wonder!

Something going on at Celebrity and you should find out as much as your able to. I would not be surprised if some customers got a free cruise out of the mess they created. It might be a situation those who cry the loudest might be compensated at a different level. Wound not put it past Celebrity to do something like this. Or it may be there minimum wage help in the worst customer service department in the industry might have screwed up sending you that email but Im sure it was meant for somebody. Good luck you guys have went thru hell with Celebrity.

One more item I would to add. Ive heard of people being compensated and the cruise line required them to keep there settlement confidental or they would not get it. This could also be going on. That email was created and it might have been sent to the wrong place.The cruise lines have done this in the past. One customer at RCCL posted her compensation on cruise critic and was banned from RCCL.

Now I'm getting paranoid. I had been beginning to wonder if these silly, random credits weren't a way for Celebrity to figure out who those of us posting were : ) Ha Ha, well if Celebrity wants to ban me, I certainly won't be heartbroken after this fiasco!

Gills Cruises have finally come up with a cheque for the cruise refund --- albeit a full month after Celebrity told me that they had sent the refund into their bank account.

Progress is being made at last -- but am still waiting on Celebrity to give fair reimbursement for air miles used on original flights

Got ALMOST the full cruise fare back minus the $300 from the TA. Thanks to an earlier post that I was able to secure a document stating that Celebrity will give full commission to the TA. But my TA still says that she doesn't receive commission from the cruise line, she works on a "net rate" (whatever that means) when I found her on a cruise website, so it would be out of her pocket to give me $300 back which OBVIOUSLY she's not going to do. Any advice on what I should do to get my $300?

Celebrity says they have refunded all I paid (well, they gave it to the travel agency because I paid the travel agency and TA pays for the cruise, so when Celebrity gave the $ back, it went back to the TA's account and TA credits back to my credit card).

Here's what the TA says:

"As far as the 300.00 Celebrity will not reimburse it, I am sorry about that, but I had to pay cruise compete 2.1 percent of my commission. I work on a net bases that is why my rates where so much better. I wish I could help you with that, But that would have to come out of my own pocket."

Got ALMOST the full cruise fare back minus the $300 from the TA. Thanks to an earlier post that I was able to secure a document stating that Celebrity will give full commission to the TA. But my TA still says that she doesn't receive commission from the cruise line, she works on a "net rate" (whatever that means) when I found her on a cruise website, so it would be out of her pocket to give me $300 back which OBVIOUSLY she's not going to do. Any advice on what I should do to get my $300?

Celebrity says they have refunded all I paid (well, they gave it to the travel agency because I paid the travel agency and TA pays for the cruise, so when Celebrity gave the $ back, it went back to the TA's account and TA credits back to my credit card).

Here's what the TA says:

"As far as the 300.00 Celebrity will not reimburse it, I am sorry about that, but I had to pay cruise compete 2.1 percent of my commission. I work on a net bases that is why my rates where so much better. I wish I could help you with that, But that would have to come out of my own pocket."

I would say that is her problem and she should refund simply as a customer service matter.

She never disclosed to you her "unusual" way of doing business - someone along the line has your original $300 + the additional commission Celebrity is paying the travel industry.

My recommendation would be to tell her either you get the $300 back or she will have to explain thinsg to a judge in small claims court.

If she doen't refund then take her to small claims court someone is profiting from your misfortune.

I received an e-mail today from BerkelyCare regarding my trip "delay" claim. It stated that I will receive a check and letter in 2 business days, but doesn't indicate the amount.

Just wanted to pass along that we purchased our travel insurance from AccessAmerica through our AAA Midatlantic office in NJ. At first they only approved my claim for travel delay, but then I noticed a clause under Trip Interruption for "extended travel delay, which was defined as missing more than 50% of the trip you purchased, which we obviously did. When I brought this to their attention, they agreed (Isn't this typical that we have to interpret their policy to their own claims agents!!) and said we qualified under that clause, which raised our maximum claim limits from $500p/p up to $3000p/p. Everybody should read their own travel policies to see if this type of clause is included as part or your coverage.

I would be inclined to hit the reply button and tell them how pleased you are and ask when you can expect to received the relevant paperwork! Worth a try surely?

Our certificates have been submitted but we await confirmation of acceptance and valuation. icon5.gif

I had having previously phoned both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean (with whom we booked) they both stated the certificates would be honoured icon4.gif

After Celebrity Spain refused for the 3rd time to accept all our discount certificates for one booking, I called Celebrity in Miami to get clarification and it turns out the office in Spain WAS WRONG! Two days later they agreed to accept all our vouchers, but the price of the cruise we are booking has now gone up by 225 Euros! Was their delay deliberate?

What is wrong with Celebrity? Once we've used these certificates I will avoid them like the plague.

After Celebrity Spain refused for the 3rd time to accept all our discount certificates for one booking, I called Celebrity in Miami to get clarification and it turns out the office in Spain WAS WRONG! Two days later they agreed to accept all our vouchers, but the price of the cruise we are booking has now gone up by 225 Euros! Was their delay deliberate?

What is wrong with Celebrity? Once we've used these certificates I will avoid them like the plague.

They truly are the worst when it comes to comunication issues. But someone one this board will give them a pass. Sometimes I wonder how many cruise line employees post. Some one can have a real issue but there always somebody who finds a reason to protect Celebrity. Some may even be paid to. This happe at RCCL. Remember ROYAL CHAMPIONS .

I am pleased that we were made financially whole by Celebrity. I am extrememely disappointed in the length of time it has taken and the complete lack of communication from them. I have just had to keep checking my credit card statement. There has been absolutely no guest service.

Unfortunately, my parents, who were travelling with us, are still calling Celebrity several times a week, and are still out over $700.00. This is just ridiculous, as we purchased the trips from the same ta, at the same time, and we travelled together. It is apalling that there is still no consistent or equitable treatment for all passengers.

We will be on another, previously booked, Celebrity trip shortly. For the first time in our cruising history, I am not really excited. This entire experience has been draining and disheartening. I am sure we will have a good time, once aboard the ship...but, this treatment by Celebrity has left its mark on what had been a wonderful relationship.

I am pleased that we were made financially whole by Celebrity. I am extrememely disappointed in the length of time it has taken and the complete lack of communication from them. I have just had to keep checking my credit card statement. There has been absolutely no guest service.

Unfortunately, my parents, who were travelling with us, are still calling Celebrity several times a week, and are still out over $700.00. This is just ridiculous, as we purchased the trips from the same ta, at the same time, and we travelled together. It is apalling that there is still no consistent or equitable treatment for all passengers.

We will be on another, previously booked, Celebrity trip shortly. For the first time in our cruising history, I am not really excited. This entire experience has been draining and disheartening. I am sure we will have a good time, once aboard the ship...but, this treatment by Celebrity has left its mark on what had been a wonderful relationship.

Sums up my experience perfectly, right down to the we've been made whole, but my parents are still waiting.

I think the disappointment of a canceled trip that I had put so much time and energy into planning, the drawn out frustration and anger with how this has been handled, and the "mourning" over losing what I thought was going to be a long, enjoyable relationship with Celebrity have all combined to make a situation that only those who have gone through it can understand.

I have limited funds and days to travel with and Celebrity seemed the perfect fit. I could book an inside cabin, yet get good service and great food. Oh well.

Only a free cruise would repair this relationship. I'm not saying this to be greedy, just matter of fact. It is the only way those of us burned would be able to justify trusting them for another trip, one without worrying about making another wrong investment... I have not applied my 25% to another cruise.

Got a call from Celebrity today (again) stating that I will be getting my original fare and the new airfare back. And when I asked about the 3 days reimbursement, she says just fax the receipts for 3 days worth of hotel and meal and they will give us 3 days worth of $ back! For those who didn't submit receipts to them before, please do it. We all deserve to get as much $ back as possible.

Thanks for everyone's help and information on this post. Keep it going!

Archived