century 10/13 cruise cancelled in Nice

ghstudio

Having been away on holiday for a little while I logged straight on to this thread when I got home. I was very pleased to see that there seems to be some positive action from Celebrity, albeit with a nudge from Cruise Critic!

Celebrity should be ashamed of their handling of this incident, what happened on the cruise was dreadful ~ but handled correctly they could have salvaged some good will from us, their customers. We went into a travel agents this morning to pick up cruise brochures and when they offered us Celebrity's brochure we declined and told them what had happened ~ they had no knowledge of it.

We still haven't had a response to the claim we submitted for 4 nights hotel, flights and other associated costs. Can I reiterate what an earlier poster requested, even when you have had your claim dealt with to your satisfaction would you mind posting here so that the rest of us can be armed with the facts?

Thanks to everyone who has helped keep this thread going.

Good luck with your claims everyone.

I guess they have won the battle when victims find it "awesome" to get a crumb. They are subtracting left' date=' right and center from what they promise. Until we see all that is owed to us, I will not give up. Disgruntled passengers will not return and they will spread the word.[/quote']

Insidermonkey.com lists Fein, Hanrahan and Goldstein as cashing in thousands of shares of stock November 1 thru 4 at the same time passengers were struggling to be reimbursed for their extraordinary expenses. Adam M. Goldstein's prior title before being named CEO of RCCL was Senior Vice President of Total Guest Satisfaction!!!!

It's taken me some time to stop laughing hysterically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad that the passengers from the Century trip are finally getting their monies back.

I am however very surprised at the fact that Celebrity are getting off lightly for letting the passengers down.

Its all very well getting the money back but what about the distress and hassle that the passengers went through to get back home, 25 pct of a future cruise is a joke and a decent 50 pct discount would, in my view, be more apt.

Hopefully Celebrity will see the error of their ways and increase it for those passengers.

:):D

Im glad that the passengers from the Century trip are finally getting their monies back.

I am however very surprised at the fact that Celebrity are getting off lightly for letting the passengers down.

Its all very well getting the money back but what about the distress and hassle that the passengers went through to get back home, 25 pct of a future cruise is a joke and a decent 50 pct discount would, in my view, be more apt.

Hopefully Celebrity will see the error of their ways and increase it for those passengers.

:):D

Perhaps Celebrity is holding the line at 25% because the leaders really don't want the Century passengers to go on another Celebrity cruise and spread the word about how they were mistreated.

Heard from Celebrity that we are to submit receipts for our original airfare, taxi from Nice port to Ville Franche (where we had booked a hotel as staff said that was where we would be tendered to, otherwise would have booked a hotel in Nice) and they will consider claims for 3 days after disembarkation, so have to submit those receipts too. As we are in the EU I believe they have to reimburse us for the 4 days we were in S. France before we could get a flight back to the UK. Also costs involved in getting back to Nice before we flew home.

Still haven't had our refund for the cruise from Viva Voyages yet either.

We have just tried to book two cabins on a cruise with Celebrity for next year & submitted our 4 x 489 Euro discount vouchers sent from Celebrity. The travel agent has told us that Celebrity will only accept ONE voucher per CABIN, not per person, even thought seperate vouchers were issued for each passenger on Century. I cannot believe it!!

Has anyone else been told the same, or is this only Celebrity in Spain?

Mike

We used both vouchers when we booked our Celebrity cruise next year. It's supposed to be one per person, not per cabin. We booked through a TA and had no problem. I hate to say it but I'm not surprised you're having problems. Just seems to go with the territory lately.

Has anyone in the UK had their cruise refund yet??

We booked with GILLS CRUISES to whom Celebrity Customer Services told me they sent refunds to on November 1st ---- but 4 weeks later & still no sign of a refund to our bank account. GILLS insisted on payment for this cruise 14 weeks beforehand & but now are not even responding to my emails!!!

That said I see from a past review posted on "reviewcentre" that someone else had problems with Gills refunding their monies in the wake of a cancellation due to ash cloud.

As ever its the customer that takes all the brunt of the issues but better for all of you to be aware of my experience for the future.

We booked with GILLS CRUISES to whom Celebrity Customer Services told me they sent refunds to on November 1st ---- but 4 weeks later & still no sign of a refund to our bank account. GILLS insisted on payment for this cruise 14 weeks beforehand & but now are not even responding to my emails!!!

That said I see from a past review posted on "reviewcentre" that someone else had problems with Gills refunding their monies in the wake of a cancellation due to ash cloud.

As ever its the customer that takes all the brunt of the issues but better for all of you to be aware of my experience for the future.

We are from the UK and had the full cost of our cruise refunded by cruise.co.uk 10 days ago, the Celebrity cheque was dated about three weeks ago. The 25% discount vouchers were with the cheque but they only work out to be about 16% of the replacement cruise which we have just booked for next year. What a swizzle! icon8.gif

We were refunded for the cruise about 3 weeks ago from our T/A Cruise -In. But the T/A paid for our return air fare and are still waiting for this to be refunded from Celebrity

We are from the UK and had the full cost of our cruise refunded by cruise.co.uk 10 days ago, the Celebrity cheque was dated about three weeks ago.

We emailed Viva voyages (formerly smartcruiser) Saturday to find out where our refund was ~ we had been told Celebrity sent it to them Nov 1st, we haven't heard back from them yet ~ I guess the moral of the story is don't use Gills or Viva Voyages ~ next time we'll check out cruise.co.uk

Just think a few years ago ~ before the internet we would all have been dealing with this single handedly. It has been such a comfort knowing that we were not alone in our fight with Celebrity.

I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to not have received the cruise refund yet, which was the very first thing Celebrity promised us when they canceled the cruise... Hope those who are still waiting get resolution from their travel agencies!

I am still waiting on the $250 each change fees for us. My TA was going to check today if they had been approved and processed yet. My parents' are supposed to be coming by check in the mail.

I have not posted much, since there hasn't been any progress, but have been checking in every day to see how others are doing. I too am grateful to have this ongoing thread.

We have just tried to book two cabins on a cruise with Celebrity for next year & submitted our 4 x 489 Euro discount vouchers sent from Celebrity. The travel agent has told us that Celebrity will only accept ONE voucher per CABIN, not per person, even thought separate vouchers were issued for each passenger on Century. I cannot believe it!!

Has anyone else been told the same, or is this only Celebrity in Spain?

Mike

My parents were able to apply both of theirs to the same cabin. I was even told the expiration could be extended, as long as I booked a cruise before the expiration date, we did not have to sail by that date. This was told to my travel agent by a Celebrity rep.. (USA) I think they are trying to be a little flexible in hopes of calming us down.

I would try again. Even travel agents get different answers from Celebrity when they talk to different people. It seems to be their "norm".

Saw on a few posts that Celebrity are refunding 3 days of hotel/meal after disembarkation. How did people go about getting that? Did you just keep calling them and asking for money or did they send you something in the mail? Just want to see how I can also get some $ back of staying in Europe on my own after they dumped us. Thank you!

Saw on a few posts that Celebrity are refunding 3 days of hotel/meal after disembarkation. How did people go about getting that? Did you just keep calling them and asking for money or did they send you something in the mail? Just want to see how I can also get some $ back of staying in Europe on my own after they dumped us. Thank you!

If you go back a few pages you'll see that you have to send receipts for the expenses to Celebrity and request reinbursement.

Good luck.

Archived