Port Canaveral area residents

A question for all of those living near Port Canaveral:

I just heard a ship's horn, which is the 4 shorts and a long at 9:30 this morning.

Not just once, but they did this 5 times in the last 5 minutes.

That is usually the sail away signal for 4:30 PM.

Odd for sure this early. The Monarch is the only one in port right now.

Is that a drill they are running?

Hope there is not a problem. :eek:

They could be doing staff drills. Until those are done new passengers won't be let on. That happened to us when we did Freedom -- we were delayed boarding until about 12:30. We could tell when boarding was getting close because we saw the photographers setting up.

Did not hear it in Rockledge, but I would be it's a drill.

Quick edit, just looked at the PC webcam and it looks like there is a Disney boat in as well.

Love your Avatar!! :D

Yeah, I am thinking a drill too, but odd that they did that 5 separate times. Must be

a bit nerve wracking for the people involved with disembarkation right now.

Did not hear it in Rockledge, but I would bet it's a drill.

Quick edit, just looked at the PC webcam and it looks like there is a Disney boat in as well.

Bill, just caught your edit. Did not know about the "mouse" boat in port. That is unusual

for a Friday?

Given the ave age in Cocoa Beach, most of the residence probably couldn't hear it.

Oh....excuse me while I search for my cane! :eek:

Did you know that Cocoa Beach has the multiple world surfing champion in residence?

Funny how us "oldsters" take to the waves!

Sitting in the control tower at Cape Canaveral AFS I can see the Disney ship and the Monarch OTS. I believe the Disney ship (the Wonder?) just returned to Port Canaveral from wherever she was located (I thought Europe but my coworker thought the West Coast).

Thanks for the info, wayne trisha.

That must be a great job you have!! Congrats and thanks for serving! :)

Did you know that Cocoa Beach has the multiple world surfing champion in residence?

Probably because they really don't have big waves there...

Sitting in the control tower at Cape Canaveral AFS I can see the Disney ship and the Monarch OTS. I believe the Disney ship (the Wonder?) just returned to Port Canaveral from wherever she was located (I thought Europe but my coworker thought the West Coast).

I'm pretty sure the Wonder just came back from dry dock in Freeport...is probably just hangin' around until tomorrow when the regular weekly cruises re-start.

I'm pretty sure the Wonder just came back from dry dock in Freeport...is probably just hangin' around until tomorrow when the regular weekly cruises re-start.

Thanks, that may be what the multiple drill was for.

Pretty cool to listen to those horns from here in Merritt Island, 5 miles away! Though, you get a great front row seat to watch them cruise out!

I love your avatar too! Some cat people here on board!

I was out in the surf with him once way back when I was a teenager and him and his brother (I think his name was Shaun) were just local legends. I joined the Air Force and moved off to Japan and then Germany. I was surprised to pick up a surf magazine years later and see Kelly was a multiyear surfing champion.

Thanks, that may be what the multiple drill was for.

Pretty cool to listen to those horns from here in Merritt Island, 5 miles away! Though, you get a great front row seat to watch them cruise out!

I love your avatar too! Some cat people here on board!

We love to sit on the balcony and watch the cruise ships go by. Not too many years ago I was a nurse on the 4th floor at Cape Canaveral Hospital...now that was a view!!

We love to sit on the balcony and watch the cruise ships go by. Not too many years ago I was a nurse on the 4th floor at Cape Canaveral Hospital...now that was a view!!

Cool! I just recently retired from US Foodservice, and was the food rep for that company who was the sole supplier for Cape Canaveral Hospital. Most of my doctors are there too. Really great people! I know first hand how wonderful the nurses were...I spent some time there with my ulcer, hense the early retirement!! :eek:

I just spent my day at CC Hospital, between daughter's volunteer time in the morning and wife having a procedure in afternoon (nothing major).

Kelly Slater has won 9 world championships and is in position for an unprecedented 10th, which if he does it will get a HUGE bonus from Qucksilver, rumored to be 8 figures.

Oh, horn blast, probably to announce their return to PC

Also heard the horns this morning. 6 short and 1 long. About 4 times. Wondered if Disney Magic was having emergency drills as they just returned from dry dock.

HI Barbie....nice to know I was not imagining it! :eek:

Just love hearing those ships horns, and of course even better while on board awaiting

the sailaway! :D

Archived