OASIS Balcony Dividers Question

cruzerca

Does anyone know if you are in 2 adjacent balcony staterooms if the divider on the exterior balcony can be folded back - open up so you can walk to the other room using the slider?

These are D7's (Balcony/Ocean) on Deck 10 portside, forward.

Thanks in advance!!

The dividers physically can be opened, and upon request, they usually are opened by the cabin steward. However, it is not a given....permission is granted at the discretion of the Captain, and there are Captains who will not allow the dividers to be opened at all.

We've been told that the official policy is that only dividers between connecting cabins (not merely adjacent cabins) will be opened. But of course, there are reports of adjacent balcony dividers being open, so this policy is inconsistent.

Bottom line, you will probably be able to have your balcony dividers opened, but be prepared that it might not be allowed on your sailing.

Does anyone know if you are in 2 adjacent balcony staterooms if the divider on the exterior balcony can be folded back - open up so you can walk to the other room using the slider?

Thanks in advance!!

Its up to the Captain on each ship

You can put in a request when you get onboard.

We did it on the Liberty and that way we had a bigger balcony.

We will try it again on the Oasis in 2 weeks.

Will let you know the outcome

The answer is that they "can" be opened:

IMG_0119.jpg

Please take that statement back....Now Schooner_Bar_Girl will be able to access my stateroom from sea.........

Oh heck now I have to sleep with my shorts on:eek:

The answer is that they "can" be opened:

IMG_0119.jpg

Merion_Mom I love that you swiped my picture from another thread! Hahaha! That picture was taken from our balcony while I was standing on our kids' balcony. We were on the Oasis and we did have connecting cabins. I asked our room steward if he would open it, left the room for a couple of hours, and when we came back it was opened!

Merion_Mom I love that you swiped my picture from another thread! Hahaha! That picture was taken from our balcony while I was standing on our kids' balcony. We were on the Oasis and we did have connecting cabins. I asked our room steward if he would open it, left the room for a couple of hours, and when we came back it was opened!

Anything posted on the internet, much less on Cruise Critic, is FAIR GAME!!!!

Larceny is my middle name! ;)

Anyone know about central park balcony's? Do they have dividers that can be opened as well? I have 2 C2s on the Allure with the teens next door. None of the C2s connect and the C1s are alot higher than when I booked. Looking for anyone that might know.

Anyone know about central park balcony's? Do they have dividers that can be opened as well? I have 2 C2s on the Allure with the teens next door. None of the C2s connect and the C1s are alot higher than when I booked. Looking for anyone that might know.

Yes, the Central Park dividers do open. I saw plenty of them open just last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance!!

We were in a D7 on deck 10 last month, yes they can definitely be opened, just ask your cabin attendant.

Archived