Luggage drop off at port

Aline13

I understand that there is a shuttle from the car drop off at the airport so you could get your luggage there that way

Only some of the rental companies participate in this shared shuttle service. I know for a fact that Budget does not. A cab to the port was 12 bucks plus tip.

You can search the threads on the "Florida Departures" board for the names of the companies that do participate; it's been discussed many times before. :)

Only some of the rental companies participate in this shared shuttle service. I know for a fact that Budget does not. A cab to the port was 12 bucks plus tip.

You can search the threads on the "Florida Departures" board for the names of the companies that do participate; it's been discussed many times before. :)

We have taken the shuttle from FLL to the port many times and have never been asked about what rental car company we used. I believe that it is run independently of the car companies. Always drop our luggage off at the port before hand. It's much easier catching the shuttle without luggage.

We have taken the shuttle from FLL to the port many times and have never been asked about what rental car company we used. I believe that it is run independently of the car companies. Always drop our luggage off at the port before hand. It's much easier catching the shuttle without luggage.

It is run by the City of Ft Lauderdale.

Can you just drive up, drop your luggage, and drive off to return later?

We have a rental car that we need to return but this sounds like less hassle, even if we take a cab from the airport. Just dealing with a carryon and a few bottles of wine would make life easier.

I thought Budget had told me there was a transfer. Is it free or what is the charge?

We rented a car from Budget at FLL a few months ago. They did not transfer us to the pier, did not offer any such ride, nor pay for a cab or trip to the pier. I was telling you this to save you some time and money. Budget does not participate - we know this from experience. If they told you they do, then get it in writing. :)

It's not a big deal. The cab was cheap. The Budget rate was cheaper than any other company at the time.

Can you just drive up, drop your luggage, and drive off to return later?

We have a rental car that we need to return but this sounds like less hassle, even if we take a cab from the airport. Just dealing with a carryon and a few bottles of wine would make life easier.

In February, my rental car company, I think it was Avis DID participate in the shuttle, so I dropped off my friend and all of the luggage, drove the easy ten minutes to the airport and dropped off the car. The line for the shuttle was horrendous, so I walked downstairs and picked up a shared shuttle for $12.00. Even with stops at two ships before mine, the total time from pier to pier was under an hour.

Archived