Why airfare so dam high ????????

mikeblum

Purchasing air transportation has become a nightmare. We're from Wisconsin and I just purchased flights on Delta for the same Liberty cruise - departing March 19th. We're flying down on the 18th and staying over the Sunday we return and coming back home on the 28th (Monday). To save a little cash, we opted to sign up for their credit card which knocked off $100 on the price of the ticket as well as we get our first suitcase checked free. It's not a big deal, but every little bit saved means another 'drink of the day' on ship. Haven't booked the hotel yet for our post-cruise stay; my question is, will hotels let you check in early? Thinking that the cruise ship will dock in the morning and we'll be off the ship by 10:30 at the latest, will hotels let you into your room that early? Haven't had to try that experience yet. Any input will be helpful.

It really depends on the hotel. We have come into town early for a lot of trips. Lucky enough to have been able to check in..but that is usually around 1pm. It also depends on if they have rooms available. Some hotels will not let you check in early....I would advise you to call around.

I would choose a hotel post cruise that at least will check and store your bags if your room isn't ready. Maybe a hotel that has things to see/do within walking distance.

High airfare??? Try flying out of Toronto to anywhere - it is robbery. We love Jet Blue, we can drive to Buffalo in about 1 1/2hr and pay 1/3 of the airfare from there to Florida.

Another fan of the Buffalo airport here! We love Jet Blue, Air Tran and Southwest. Sometimes the difference between flying out of Buffalo vs. Toronto can be 50% less! We don't mind the short drive over the border, and parking at BUF is cheaper too! If it wasn't for BUF, we wouldn't be able to afford half the trips we go on!

We booked flights for January to Orlando. Return on Southwest is $450 for two people return. Booking out of Toronto was $450/person!

Another fan of the Buffalo airport here! We love Jet Blue, Air Tran and Southwest. Sometimes the difference between flying out of Buffalo vs. Toronto can be 50% less! We don't mind the short drive over the border, and parking at BUF is cheaper too! If it wasn't for BUF, we wouldn't be able to afford half the trips we go on!

We booked flights for January to Orlando. Return on Southwest is $450 for two people return. Booking out of Toronto was $450/person!

:) Ditto for us! Last week I booked two flights to Houston from Buffalo (and return) for our Voyager cruise in January. Total cost was $402 for both of us..$200 each is a steal compared to our prices.

We flew to San Juan from Toronto last month and it cost me $1200 for two of us for airfare:eek: We normally fly from Buffalo but it was a last minute cruise and I was too lazy to check online for fares so we let the travel agent do it...Never again!:(

10:30 at the latest, will hotels let you into your room that early?

Maybe, if they have enough vacant rooms. Housekeeping obviously can't start cleaning rooms for new guests until departing guests have checked out, and they typically have until 11:00 to do so. As someone else suggested, try to find a hotel that will allow you to check your luggage with them if you arrive before they have a room ready.

High airfare??? Try flying out of Toronto to anywhere - it is robbery. We love Jet Blue, we can drive to Buffalo in about 1 1/2hr and pay 1/3 of the airfare from there to Florida.

You got that right. I'm flying Toronto (NOT my choice) to Phoenix in Feb and got round trip for CDN $441 on Air Canada. My friend who was sitting right beside me booked her flight within 2 minutes and it cost well over CDN $600 for the same flight! :eek: I hate flying out of Canada and don't normally do it except this friend didn't want to fly out of Buffalo. :rolleyes:

Wife and I are flying Round Trip from Va. to FLL

Jet Blue $464.00.Not bad,guess I,m lucky.

Archived