3 liter BOTTLE OF jack daniels

mikeblum

So your challenging the baggage handlers to break it huh? Just a hunch from someone who used to travel a lot before 9/11/01. I'm guessing the large container will draw the attention of baggage security inspectors and I have a suspicion they won't be as careful re-wrapping it.

You are exactly right and I never even thought of that until you said it. ;) Bottles in your luggage in addition to a large bag would definitely be more attractive for TSA or security people to inspect it. I highly doubt as you have said that they would be as careful repacking items as the passenger did.

not without bruising the booze:D

True, but if you're able to pour the fragile liquid into a glass, you can probably pour from one bottle into another.

Seriously, I am curious because I purchased a bottle for my son (see post #3) and told him it could be re-filled. I haven't seen the bottle with the cap off, so I just assumed it could be re-filled.

True, but if you're able to pour the fragile liquid into a glass, you can probably pour from one bottle into another.

Seriously, I am curious because I purchased a bottle for my son (see post #3) and told him it could be re-filled. I haven't seen the bottle with the cap off, so I just assumed it could be re-filled.

It's the difference between consumption and storage. The small amount of air that's introduced when you pour it into a glass helps open the flavor profile of the liquor to the palate. Introducing a large volume of air by transferring entire bottles and then allowing it to sit in storage can destroy the profile over time.

It's the difference between consumption and storage. The small amount of air that's introduced when you pour it into a glass helps open the flavor profile of the liquor to the palate. Introducing a large volume of air by transferring entire bottles and then allowing it to sit in storage can destroy the profile over time.

Alright, that's similar to wine and being a "wino", I can understand and fully appreciate that.

Now, while I love my son, he is definitely not into "profiling" bourbon. I think he empties the glass way too fast to appreciate the subtly that you are referring to. :rolleyes:

So the question remains un-answered. Is it physically possible to re-fill the bottle or is there some barrier in place?

Edited by mpbmark

Alright, that's similar to wine and being a "wino", I can understand and fully appreciate that.

Now, while I love my son, he is definitely not into "profiling" bourbon. I think he empties the glass way too fast to appreciate the subtly that you are referring to. :rolleyes:

So the question remains un-answered. Is it physically possible to re-fill the bottle or is there some barrier in place?

In 90+% of the cases, yes. There may be a plastic "spout" on the bottle that regulates the flow, but you can usually pop these off and re-fill the bottle. I'd suggest using a dedicated stainless steel funnel if you're going to do this though. Plastic is porous, and all kinds of nasty stuff stays on those funnels even after you wash them.

I honestly can't remember the name of the shop, but it was very close to the pier. To be honest, my aunt and I decided we needed to have bloody mary's that morning :D, then we went to the transfers to the island. We were having a very enjoyable time sampling some of the local brews :p, and I ended up making a few purchases. It wasn't until after I had gotten ready for dinner that night and stopped in the shop that I realized the deal I had made was a really good deal.

In 90+% of the cases, yes. There may be a plastic "spout" on the bottle that regulates the flow, but you can usually pop these off and re-fill the bottle. I'd suggest using a dedicated stainless steel funnel if you're going to do this though. Plastic is porous, and all kinds of nasty stuff stays on those funnels even after you wash them.

I'm familiar with the "flow regulator" and I always remove them from my bottles before pouring. Don't need assistance in that area yet. I'll pass along the comments regarding the plastic funnel. Never thought about that and I'll have to buy one myself.

Thanks for the insight.

• 3 years later...

Hello my friend is getting married and for his bachelor party I wanted to get him a bottle of Jack Daniels 3 liters. I was wondering if anyone knew if the cruise ships still to this date sell those. I have a friend who is on the carnival magic and can pick one up for me if they have them. thanks so much!

Prestem