3 liter BOTTLE OF jack daniels

mikeblum

a number of yrs ago i purchased on the Enchanment a 3 liter bottle of JD to bring home...paid about 70.00...do they still sell large bottles to bring home...i'll bring the bubble warp and stuff to get it home...can not get statside that big of a bottle...

I hand carried a Jack off the ship in San Francisco last month. Son went nuts and is now the envy of all his friends. Cost was about $72. It comes boxed in cardboard so you will have to package it very carefully as you won't be able to carry it on the plane.

Btw, customs did not charge me any additional fees. :D

love the name northern bear...soooo 3 litre bottles are available all over Canada...must be an American thing...largest size here is 1.750 litre...

I was just in the liquor store the other day here in Ontario and saw 3 litre bottles of Smirnoff Vodka, Crown Royal, Bacardi white rum, Jack Daniels etc...the shelves aren't lined with them though...they are specialty items

I was just in the liquor store the other day here in Ontario and saw 3 litre bottles of Smirnoff Vodka, Crown Royal, Bacardi white rum, Jack Daniels etc...the shelves aren't lined with them though...they are specialty items

Ya, but we pay an arm and a leg for them - oh well, as long as we still have an arm left to lift the glass !!!!! :p

I got an unbelievable deal on Crown Royal on one of our cruises. I wish I could remember the amount I paid, but a liquor store in Grand Cayman sold it to me for waaaaaaaay less than here. When I got back onboard, my uncle was green with envy. The ship has a sign saying they will match any price we pay, so when I went into the store to grab some gum, I noticed their sign showed a higher price. I took my receipt to the clerk and he couldn't believe someone sold Crown Royal to me so cheaply. He said he was sure it was a mistake but here I was with the receipt and they would certainly honor it. He said he knew the shop well (right in the middle of town). Anyway, he agreed to sell for the same price. I was immediately elevated to my Uncle's favorite niece, since I bought it and gave it to him when we got home as a gift. Don't forget to hang onto the receipt if you luck up on a deal at one of the ports, as the ship will match the price for same brand liquor/same size. I buy loads of Christmas gifts from the liquor store and since some of our family doesn't drink, I get them to carry part of the liquor off the ship and through customs. On our upcoming cruise, the none-drinkers will not be going so I'm looking for new "liquor mules" for this summer :D (LOL).

I got an unbelievable deal on Crown Royal on one of our cruises. I wish I could remember the amount I paid, but a liquor store in Grand Cayman sold it to me for waaaaaaaay less than here. When I got back onboard, my uncle was green with envy. The ship has a sign saying they will match any price we pay, so when I went into the store to grab some gum, I noticed their sign showed a higher price. I took my receipt to the clerk and he couldn't believe someone sold Crown Royal to me so cheaply. He said he was sure it was a mistake but here I was with the receipt and they would certainly honor it. He said he knew the shop well (right in the middle of town). Anyway, he agreed to sell for the same price. I was immediately elevated to my Uncle's favorite niece, since I bought it and gave it to him when we got home as a gift. Don't forget to hang onto the receipt if you luck up on a deal at one of the ports, as the ship will match the price for same brand liquor/same size. I buy loads of Christmas gifts from the liquor store and since some of our family doesn't drink, I get them to carry part of the liquor off the ship and through customs. On our upcoming cruise, the none-drinkers will not be going so I'm looking for new "liquor mules" for this summer :D (LOL).

You can go over the limit and just pay a duty. We bought 4 liters on our Jewel cruise last week plus got a free 375ml of Sheridans for buying two. My DH reported to customs as we were told to and declared exactly what we had. They signed off on the form and we paid no duty, we were fully willing to if asked.

I bought a 3 - Litre bottle of Crown Royal on the Oasis last February. I believe I paid only $64 which I thought was reasonable. All my friends just crack up when they see it. I emptied it just the other day so it lasted eight months. I plan to get another when I go on the Freedom in January.

You can go over the limit and just pay a duty. We bought 4 liters on our Jewel cruise last week plus got a free 375ml of Sheridans for buying two. My DH reported to customs as we were told to and declared exactly what we had. They signed off on the form and we paid no duty, we were fully willing to if asked.

We've been honest on every cruise. We bring home at least 10 liters (we drive to the port) each cruise and have yet to pay any duty, even though we report it in person and expect to pay. I get the feeling customs (or whoever it is) thinks it's more bother than it's worth (it's only $1.80 + per bottle duty).

Cathy

On the ships they usually have a special on for Crown Royal, two 1 liter bottles for $36 which is slightly cheaper than I can purchase it for here, plus no tax.

We've been honest on every cruise. We bring home at least 10 liters (we drive to the port) each cruise and have yet to pay any duty, even though we report it in person and expect to pay. I get the feeling customs (or whoever it is) thinks it's more bother than it's worth (it's only $1.80 + per bottle duty).

Cathy

Texas ports are very strict it seems, any amount over and they get you.

YESSSSSSS...it's still available...it will be in a seperate bag warpped in bubble wap and old blanket...special birthday gift for my nephews 25thy birthday in may...

So your challenging the baggage handlers to break it huh? Just a hunch from someone who used to travel a lot before 9/11/01. I'm guessing the large container will draw the attention of baggage security inspectors and I have a suspicion they won't be as careful re-wrapping it.

That said, last year I came back from a business trip with an unexpected piece of my company's high tech equipment. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for it took like like a really suspicious item on an X-ray, so I expected it to be searched. I did get a nice note in my bag stating it was opened for inspection and they did do a nice job of putting everything back.

:)When I pack for a trip I take a compression space bag. It's a plastic bag that you roll to get air out instead of a vacuum. Put your new bottle in it and stuff your dirty clothes around it then roll out the air and it makes a great protection in your suitcase for airplanes. It also helps if you buys clothes and have no way to get them home, compress and they fit.

I bought a 3 - Litre bottle of Crown Royal on the Oasis last February. I believe I paid only $64 which I thought was reasonable. All my friends just crack up when they see it. I emptied it just the other day so it lasted eight months. I plan to get another when I go on the Freedom in January.

Curious, can't the bottles just be re-filled?