If You Couldn't Cruise On Carnival, What Other Line Would You Choose And Why???

missabbi

I would cruise on RCL's newer ships (not keen on the 2 oldest ones).

Iv done Princess and liked it too, but it felt dated and older to me. Not my style. I enjoyed the cruises though, just didnt like the decorating too much. RCL to me has the most beautiful ships.

I've taken 3 Princess cruises and enjoyed them. They aren't nearly as fun as a Carnival cruise, but the food is ok and service is about the same. I sailed Princess ONLY because a group of friends outvoted me.:D Majority rules on group cruises.

I've sailed on Princess once in addition to my Carnival cruises. Originally it was because they offered Anytime dining and Carnival did not. Now of course Carnival offers it. They also had FCC's which I liked about Princess and Carnival did not have at the time. Carnival FCC are not quite as nice as Princess but close enough.

So now I have to give Princess the plus for ship decor, much nicer than Carnival, and sliding balcony doors. But in other ways Carnival has caught up so we have stayed with them due to price and itinerary.

I would like the try the Oasis once the prices come down just to experience the audacity of it. :cool:

I would definitely look at one of the more upscale cruise lines.

Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, etc are more similar than different, so cruising any of these Instead of Carnival would just be a side step.

RCI. Two thumbs up from the hubbie and me for a total of 4 thumbs. We sail CCL bc we live near their terminal and are cruise addicts. Always received good treatment from CCL but RCI shines at least on the size CCL ships we have been on.

What we like about RCI is:

Two shows, 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm. We retire early and like an early show. Mongolian grill had larger protein servings. RCI send confirmation emails when booking excursions. Easier boarding and deboarding procedures. RCI had better art work on board, prettier ships. Staff seems happier, less weary appearing so I think they are treated better. On-board activities are not cancelled w/o notice at least on the sailings we were on.

The above is my opinion and in response to the question. :D Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I have sailed Princess twice. My first cruise was Princess and then I decided to try Carnival. I like both cruiselines. If I take my Daughter with me I sail Carnival. I look at price and itinerary and decide from there.

In the future I would like to try Disney, RCCL, and NCL. I love to cruise and would like to try each line at least once.

RCI. Two thumbs up from the hubbie and me for a total of 4 thumbs. We sail CCL bc we live near their terminal and are cruise addicts. Always received good treatment from CCL but RC.I shines at least on the size CCL ships we have been on.

What we like about RCI is:

Two shows' date=' 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm. We retire early and like an early show.

So does Carnival.. and the shows are better

Mongolian grill had larger protein servings.

What difference does that make when it is free and you can get as much as you want anyway?

RCI send confirmation emails when booking excursions.

And?

Easier boarding and deboarding procedures.

False Statement

RCI had better art work on board, prettier ships.

Um.... Bull hockey.. RCL ships are boring. Been on them.... never again

Staff seems happier, less weary appearing so I think they are treated better.

Really? Carnival's staff is ALWAYS happy... You must be a RCL stock holder.

On-board activities are not cancelled w/o notice at least on the sailings we were on.

Carnival has twice the amount of activity offered on ANY RCL ship. It's non stop fun... RCL is non stop B-O-R-I-N-G!

The above is my opinion and in response to the question. :D Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Please do go sail on RCL... I suspect you must have one foot in the grave and Carnival's high engery is too much for you. RCL will do you well.. Enjoy the higher price, smaller cabins, inferior food and boring activities.

I have sailed Princess twice. My first cruise was Princess and then I decided to try Carnival. I like both cruiselines. If I take my Daughter with me I sail Carnival. I look at price and itinerary and decide from there.

In the future I would like to try Disney, RCCL, and NCL. I love to cruise and would like to try each line at least once.

I want to try Disney. I had them booked for a gty and was all excited, but it was too close to the Crazies and I picked Crazies. I still want to try Disney I have to admit. I feel crazy admitting it since I dont have kids.

Well the main reason that I booked Carnival was the fact they accept non potty trained kids in camp carnival.... It give the wife and I some us time and our 3 year old girl time to play and have fun in a safe environment. So, since she is not completely potty trained I would have to select NCL as they also offer camp services for non potty trained children.

Archived