Just Upgraded!! WhooooHoooo!

LAC2

Congrats on a great upgrade.

It would be very, very rare that a TA is able to "arrange" for an upgrade.

More likely is that the Princess computer (known as the upgrade fairy) assigned the upgrade and relayed the information to the TA. I think the TA is trying to take credit for what the Princess computer did.

The Princess computer does not generate a "Suite" upgrade. It would only be done by a human such as your travel agent and their relationship with Princess. The Princess compute can only generate up to a mini-suite.

4057950503_822d25e1fe_z.jpg

Here is a picture of the Ruby (exact double of the Emerald) in Naples that I took last October when we were doing the T/A. Your balcony is two decks above the AD mini's which are the ones with the covered balcony. Your specific balcony will be the second one in with the beam. If you want to see the full size just go to my flickr link at : Ruby Princess At Naples Dock Once there, click on the original size which is fairly large.

Have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

I am so going to print this picture (twice) and hang it on the wall in my office and one for my husband with a big circle around our cabin. Great picture, thank you so much.

The Princess computer does not generate a "Suite" upgrade. It would only be done by a human such as your travel agent and their relationship with Princess. The Princess compute can only generate up to a mini-suite.

That's very interesting. Can you tell us the source of that info. Don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but our TA always claims credit for upgrades including to a suite. I've been dismissive. Maybe I should be thankful

That's very interesting. Can you tell us the source of that info. Don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but our TA always claims credit for upgrades including to a suite. I've been dismissive. Maybe I should be thankful

I believe that suite assignments are done by a Princess person and not the computer or a TA. Nothing confirmed but my gut feeling.

Most cruises that we have been on Princess has many suites that are not occupied and they sail empty.

Your TA is clever, I don't know how they could make that claim. But they could take the credit for it when its done by Princess passing the info onto you.

I happen to be a TA so it is just something I know. It doesn't mean if you get an upgrade to a mini-suite or higher catagory than you booked that your TA wasn't repsonsible for it. The Princess computer can generate one but it could still be due to the TA and their relationship with Princess. My main point is I know the computer will not upgrade to a full suite.

If you get an upgrade and your TA takes credit they probably should.

My reservation says no cabin upgrade.....why would that be? I would always be open for an upgrade.

I don't understand your question since it's not possible to see your choice about whether or not to accept an upgrade anywhere on your booking. However, aside from that, the short answer is that when you booked, your TA or the Princess res agent should have asked you if you wanted to leave open the option of being considered for an upgrade. If you said no, then your reservation is so marked. To get that changed, you'll have to call your TA or call Princess reservations, depending on how you booked.

Archived