deltura231

It depends on the cabin. Not all cabins are designed to hold more than two adults. Often the "extra" beds can only hold a certain weight limit.

Something to keep in mind, the cabins on most ships are quite small and you'd have to share a bathroom ... which can be more than a bit uncomfortable with someone who you are not used to living closely with.

How close are these two couples? If you're in anything but a two-bedroom suite where both bedrooms are similar (not a master bedroom/bath and a little "kids" bedroom/bath), then you're going to be quite snug. Two of you will be sleeping in either pullmans or on a pullout sofa. When the beds are all out, there's little room to walk or get around. You may be climbing over each other to get to the bathroom at night. And with the one bathroom, you'll need both scheduling and for no one to be uncomfortable with the idea of "bathroom sounds and smells" (you know what I mean). With cabins sizes of maybe 200 sq ft, it would be the four of you living in a space roughly 20 ft x 10 ft, which includes the bathroom, storage, and closets. Actual living space would be less than that.

Could you do it? Sure, if the cabin is rated as having berths for four. (You cannot just cram two extra people in a cabin that sleeps two.) Would we do it? Not a chance, not even with relatives. In many cases, it's a recipe for a tense/unpleasant cruise and even the loss of friendships. It's entirely up to you, but two connecting cabins would be a much, much better solution, IMO. Even if you have to go down a category (say book oceanviews instead of balconies or insides instead of oceanviews), you would likely have a fare more enjoyable time with each couple in their own cabin.

beachchick

You could share..... but don't do it!!! Cabins for 4 are designed for families and it would detract far too much from the enjoyment of your cruise to squeeze 4 adults into what is hardly a large space to begin with. Far better to book 2 inside cabins on a low deck, then at least you would have your own space ....... and also more room to hang up all the clothes etc you'll need.

You could share..... but don't do it!!! Cabins for 4 are designed for families and it would detract far too much from the enjoyment of your cruise to squeeze 4 adults into what is hardly a large space to begin with. Far better to book 2 inside cabins on a low deck, then at least you would have your own space ....... and also more room to hang up all the clothes etc you'll need.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Recipe to ruin a cruise.

Cruise cabins are not as spacious as hotel rooms so I would seriously caution against this idea

Cruise cabins are not as spacious as hotel rooms so I would seriously caution against this idea

Imagine the four of you sharing a hotel BATHROOM!:eek::eek:

Someone posted that if you want a space comparison, the four of you could carry four LARGE suitcases into a 10x15 bedroom and close the door (the bathroom takes about 30-40 square feet of the listed cabin space so this would be like a 190 square foot cabin). Look around and try to figure out where you will all sleep, or get dressed, or sit, or anything else. You may then decide to get two adjacent cabins.:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Happy Cruising.

Hi, you state you are a new member, and I am assuming you are also a new cruiser(maybe I am wrong) but what everyone said here is true, you do not want to share a cabin with another couple to save money, because you will never have any privacy, or alone time, and that is pricelss in itself. Choose a cruise you can afford,(figure length of cruise, where it goes to, where you leave from) and then book it, your friends do the same. Save your sanity, your marriage and your friendship all at the same time by cruising in two seperate cabins!

I am cruising next year with my hubby and two of my coworkers,(One is my boss) Hubby would not want to share a cabin with them(although we are all friends) and neither would I. I want to to still like these people when I get off the cruise!LOL

Watch the movie Titanic, They show the "steerage" passengers crammed into a small space. That is what it will feel like with 4 adults after the first or second day. If you have to do it. just use the showers at the gym, they are allot bigger and provide everything you need. I have a cabin alone and still use the gym showers. They have allot better water flow and more space.

Just get a second cabin.....

instead of two couples in two stateroom can we combine to one share the cost:p

I suggest you watch the Marx Brothers movie Monkey Business.

Good example of a crowded cabin and how it might be a tad uncomfortable.

Archived