NCL Gives "Sneak Peak" of Great Stirrup Cay Reno Plans on Facebook

spacepotatoes

I saw this on NCL's Facebook page today, haven't seen it posted here yet:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=287751&id=43678986413&l=8e2545950f

You don't have to have a FB account to see the pictures. I don't have anything to compare it to since I haven't been to GSC yet, but I think the plan looks pretty good!

I'm glad some of you found it useful!

Maybe I should have clarified in the original post - this is NOT the press release that has been going around for the last few months. That link is to actual pictures of the work in progress that NCL just released today, along with a couple of artist renderings of the finished product. So, it kind of IS news.

It's nice to finally have a visual of what's going on, and I'm excited that at least the marina should be done at the end of this year. Can't wait to get to check it out in March :D

NCL said earlier today that they expect the first round, with the new tender marina to be complete by the end of 2010 and the other renovations by the end of 2011.

Is it a tender marina, or will they have the ships in there??? I can't imagine it's going to be deep enough for the ships....but looking at the title of one of the pictures posted says it's where ships will dock.... makes me wonder :confused::confused::confused:

72714_488615586413_43678986413_6974829_3159968_n.jpg

Marina basin where ships will dock at Great Stirrup Cay.

Is it a tender marina, or will they have the ships in there??? I can't imagine it's going to be deep enough for the ships....but looking at the title of one of the pictures posted says it's where ships will dock.... makes me wonder :confused::confused::confused:

72714_488615586413_43678986413_6974829_3159968_n.jpg

Marina basin where ships will dock at Great Stirrup Cay.

Those are where the tenders will come in. It's not nearly big enough for a ship to dock. If you look at the last image you can see how this will work. They will break down that temporary earthen dam to allow ocean access once the work is complete.

74461_488615656413_43678986413_6974833_5886166_n.jpg

Those are where the tenders will come in. It's not nearly big enough for a ship to dock. If you look at the last image you can see how this will work. They will break down that temporary earthen dam to allow ocean access once the work is complete.

74461_488615656413_43678986413_6974833_5886166_n.jpg

I didn't think it could be big enough for ships to get in there, and out again. :) I wonder who labeled the pictures for them when they posted them...:rolleyes:

I didn't think it could be big enough for ships to get in there, and out again. :) I wonder who labeled the pictures for them when they posted them...:rolleyes:

The picture labels are confusing, But...

Technically speaking, the Little Norway I & II's are registered "ships". With a capacity of 450 passengers each they meet the criteria of a ship.

PE

I was at GSC last January and it was amazing. The beach was beautiful and the water cyrstal clear. The best snorkeling around. With all these additions it will be even better and resort like.

The snorkeling was so amazing with big tropical fish. It was like snorkeling in a fish tank. I actually was able to touch some of the fish.

Aren't these the same renovations that were announced back in the middle of March? Is this actually still "news" to people?

This is the first time I have seen these pictures... thanks to the OP for posting the link!! I guess some people just need to be mean.

They had a web conference yesterday (I have no idea how I got an invitation as I am not in the travel industry) about this and other things. They stated the main beach has already been deepened and expanded, and that the marina should be ready at the very end of the year. The expanded buildings, entire beach expansion, and larger dining facility will be done sometime in 2011, but they did not give an exact date. They also mentioned ordering 10 more jet skis.

Was just at GSC on Saturday and the construction is literally in your face. The sounds of the construction drowned out the nice sounds of the beach. In my opinion, they can't finish this fast enough.....

Was just at GSC on Saturday and the construction is literally in your face. The sounds of the construction drowned out the nice sounds of the beach. In my opinion, they can't finish this fast enough.....

I was wondering about that. Don't know what else they can do, but I can see how some would be disappointed.

But I'm a guy. I probably would have bought a beer and watched the big machines all day..........

I was wondering about that. Don't know what else they can do, but I can see how some would be disappointed.

But I'm a guy. I probably would have bought a beer and watched the big machines all day..........

LOL - That's what I did!

my nephew who obsesses about construction equipment would have thought he died and went to heaven!

• 3 weeks later...
Aren't these the same renovations that were announced back in the middle of March? Is this actually still "news" to people?

SeaShark - I've seen a number of your posts where you are rude and sarcastic. If you don't have anything helpful to contribute it would be nice if you would keep your thoughts to yourself.

Archived