NCL Gives "Sneak Peak" of Great Stirrup Cay Reno Plans on Facebook

spacepotatoes

• 4 weeks later...

Back from a nice cruise on the Pearl which stopped at GSC. There was no construction noise the day we were there although there is obviously still much work to be done.

The new tender dock is indeed up and running as is the new buffet area. There is a large building in the center with a buffet line on each side. To either side of the main building is a large covered area with multiple picnic tables.

We spent a relaxing day protected from the sun under our clamshell.....

IMG_0361.jpg.889fde0079ca84db7576b9cc0363f81f.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg.502a5708942656a6c1af5b86b7a38c34.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg.8ec81c603f16861a796baf167982281f.jpg

• 4 months later...

That just sounds plain gross...

I'm looking forward to Great Stirrup Cay, but not if the bathrooms don't work. UGH.

I remember how great Disney's Castaway Cay looked, even after a bad storm.

That just sounds plain gross...

I'm looking forward to Great Stirrup Cay, but not if the bathrooms don't work. UGH.

I remember how great Disney's Castaway Cay looked, even after a bad storm.

Haven't been to castaway or great stirrup...only RCL's pi, whatever it's called. At least from the pics, it looks like GSC is not as nice and more crowded. Can anyone confirm or deny my feelings?

Are there any plans for (rental) Cabanas there?

Thanks

They do not currently have cabanas. I think maybe the previous poster was referring to clamshells?

I've read that they are going to be building some private cabanas, and one of the more recent maps that they released shows their intended location. But I'm not sure if they have said whether or not those will be for suite guests or if they will open to anyone to reserve. I know that newer map has been posted here somewhere, I just can't remember offhand where/by whom.

They do not currently have cabanas. I think maybe the previous poster was referring to clamshells?

I've read that they are going to be building some private cabanas, and one of the more recent maps that they released shows their intended location. But I'm not sure if they have said whether or not those will be for suite guests or if they will open to anyone to reserve. I know that newer map has been posted here somewhere, I just can't remember offhand where/by whom.

You're right, I was confusing the clamshells.:o

Archived