Live from Azamara Journey thru Nov 15th

California Native

Greetings from the Brussels Airport

1st our Rome to Brussel flight was delayed and then we had 2 kids SCREAMING kids behind us that kicked the seat and pooped in their diapers for 2 hours!!!!

we sprinted for our 1.5 hour connection to find out AA flight to ORD

has been cancelled ...

as we stood in line waiting and waiting for a rebooking...

DH says...it sure makes you miss AZ efficiency...

they really thought of everything behind the scenes!!!!

we have been rebooked on UA...to IAH to LAX to SFO Bay Area by the time we get home we will have been up for 32 hours

called my mom for update and she gave us an early christmas present

upgrade to Economy Plus

gotta go

ua calling for us

k

K,

Thank you again for taking time to provide others with valuable insights on this trip. I for one will miss your posts:(, but look forward to seeing your pics and 'official' upload on your website when you catch your breath.

Well done and many thanks.

David

ooh tell Heike (if we read right and she will be on the 31 Jan trans canal) Ann and Charles from Edinburgh are looking forward to being with her again and I will probably have another Jackie Collins for her to read

Uktog...

I forgot to respond to this post while onboard.

I mentioned to Heike that I needed her to check on this thread when she had a chance..

I know she read it, so she's aware that you will be onboard!

We also met some of your fellow countrymen at the Captains dinner. We absolutely adored them...they weren't Cruise Critic members, however they were phenomenal ambassadors for Scotland as they were so sweet and soooooooo funny!!!! They were the same age range as my mom...we had so much fun hanging out with them that we stayed up an hour later than we intended to...I told them that they were contributing to the deliquency of us young whipper snappers!

K

I am especialy enjoying your posts for 2 reasons.

1. They bring back great memories both of Azamara, and of your ports.

2. We have friends who are on your cruise.

Would you do me a big favor? Look up Tom and Mercy Joyce and tell them that Woody and Vivian say "Hello". I think they would be very pleased and very surprised.

Thanks,

Vivian

Forgot to follow up with you...

I left a message for them on their voicemail on their cabin phone..

Hopefully they listened to it!

K.

Momentos of the ship and Keepsakes are wonderful things to purchase and bring back home, however, shopping in ports is not always the way one wishes to spend precious tour hours. It would be great to have an opportunity on sea days to purchase items representative of the countries, cities recently visited. Surely, staff members would enjoy perusing the nooks and corners of ports to bring back little gems for all of us to shop and enjoy during a more leisurely time on board ship.

I wanted to let you know that they began doing this on our cruise

There were a few items from Greece, Turkey, Israel and Egypt...

With Egypt you could place a cartouche order before our arrival.

I especially liked the olive wood items from Israel..there were very reasonably priced crosses, rosary beads, christmas ornaments

Personally, I didn't care for the Greek and Turkey items but that is just my individual taste. There were Greek key jewelry pieces but all in silver.

I wanted to let you know that they began doing this on our cruise

There were a few items from Greece, Turkey, Israel and Egypt...

With Egypt you could place a cartouche order before our arrival.

I especially liked the olive wood items from Israel..there were very reasonably priced crosses, rosary beads, christmas ornaments

Personally, I didn't care for the Greek and Turkey items but that is just my individual taste. There were Greek key jewelry pieces but all in silver.

Thank you for letting me know the cruise shop had some nice trinkets from the ports you visited. It's nice to know you can shop for a souvenir and do it on leisure sea days. We plan to cruise the Caribbean on Journey in March and hope we'll find some interesting items on board as well.

What a joy it was to read your posts. DH and I did the Quest Best of Italy in May and your very descriptive travel log particularly made us feel we were back in Sorrento again. As so many others have already mentioned, we look forward to viewing your photos.

Grazie - Jan

Our Christmas tree is now a talking point and every year friend check it out for the new decorations - it tells of our holidays since we got together. Ranges from a shell angel from Grand Cayman, to a leather boot from Cody, bright red holly decorated mini flip flops from Hawaii, Mini paper Lanterns from our Quest trip to Vietnam. It takes me hours to decorate the tree as I reminisce!

Ann

Snap!

Sue

Hi Karen!!

I just read through the 5 pages of your LIVE postings... OMG... the story of your vows renewal had me in tears...

It was almost like being there with you, which we almost did! Sounds like you have a fabulous time, and really enjoyed Azamara!

We just got back from our transat on Equinox and loved it too, but it's really a different experience from Az... I can't wait to go back on the Quest or Journey!

I saw you were considering Norwegian Fjords? Did it last June and LOVED it!!

Let us know once you have pics and videos online somewhere!! Can't wait to see that!

MC

Hi Karen!!

I just read through the 5 pages of your LIVE postings... OMG... the story of your vows renewal had me in tears...

It was almost like being there with you, which we almost did! Sounds like you have a fabulous time, and really enjoyed Azamara!

We just got back from our transat on Equinox and loved it too, but it's really a different experience from Az... I can't wait to go back on the Quest or Journey!

I saw you were considering Norwegian Fjords? Did it last June and LOVED it!!

Let us know once you have pics and videos online somewhere!! Can't wait to see that!

MC

Hi Marie Claude!!!

Sorry I haven't responded to you sooner...last Wednesday I had several ovarian cysts burst and spend the day in the Emergency room with

my temporary friends Morphine and Dilaudid...

Didn't completly take the pain away..but it got me to the point of I just didnt care...

I'm now even further behind in getting all of our trip review, photos videos etc etc..as I've been ordered to take it easy and limited my sitting for the time being

It's too bad you weren't with us in Israel..and to think you were "this close" in being an actual witness for the vow renewal!!!!

I thought you were doing the Holy Land on the Pacific Princess?

I will be in touch about your Norway adventure!

K.

Archived