Royal Caribbean stock is up

rozen

Just sold my '100' which I bought for the shipboard credit. Now that is no longer available, I have waited to get my money back for the shares. Made a small profit and am happy.

We cruise a lot and did very well with the shipboard credit!! Oh well, nothing is forever:eek:

Just sold my '100' which I bought for the shipboard credit. Now that is no longer available, I have waited to get my money back for the shares. Made a small profit and am happy.

We cruise a lot and did very well with the shipboard credit!! Oh well, nothing is forever:eek:

I still use it on every cruise I take on Celebrity!!! The stock is good on all three RCCL lines.

Laura

I was just coming to post this!

Royal Caribbean Reports a 55% Increase in Third Quarter Earnings, Increases 2010 Outlook and Comments on 2011

Of course the earnings would increase 55% from the prior year's period.

First, at this point last year the world economy was still in the duldrums so fewer people were cruising. The stabilization in the world's economies reflects a more favorable prognosis for cabin occupancy rates.

Second and most importantly Oasis OTS was not earning a dime at that point and was just a big cost center. The ship didn't come online until December 2009. Now that the ship is an operating profit center of course the earnings would go up. Notice they didn't break the increase in profits down further by saying like on a ship by ship basis or a weighted basis.

The only way the earnings wouldn't have gone up is if Oasis OTS was a complete and total bust.

Now that Allure OTS will be coming online soon it doesn't take a genius to realize that they will forecast more revenue because they didn't have any coming in from that source previously either.

Third there is a general consensus that fuel costs will remain at present levels with no near term spikes predicted.

Everything's coming up roses.

However is that an iceberg dead ahead if the inital excitement over the Twin Sisters tails off and operating profit on them recedes?

That's the stuff that keeps CC interesting to read.

Of course the earnings would increase 55% from the prior year's period.

First, at this point last year the world economy was still in the duldrums so fewer people were cruising. The stabilization in the world's economies reflects a more favorable prognosis for cabin occupancy rates.

Second and most importantly Oasis OTS was not earning a dime at that point and was just a big cost center. The ship didn't come online until December 2009. Now that the ship is an operating profit center of course the earnings would go up. Notice they didn't break the increase in profits down further by saying like on a ship by ship basis or a weighted basis.

The only way the earnings wouldn't have gone up is if Oasis OTS was a complete and total bust.

Now that Allure OTS will be coming online soon it doesn't take a genius to realize that they will forecast more revenue because they didn't have any coming in from that source previously either.

Third there is a general consensus that fuel costs will remain at present levels with no near term spikes predicted.

Everything's coming up roses.

However is that an iceberg dead ahead if the inital excitement over the Twin Sisters tails off and operating profit on them recedes?

That's the stuff that keeps CC interesting to read.

Here's a transcript of their latest report. I also think it's interesting to hear what they have to say after all the speculating here. They said their increased capacity (Oasis) and cost cutting had the biggest effect this past quarter. But what happens when you've cut all that you can cut? You have to hope the economy recovers.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/232393-royal-caribbean-cruises-q3-2010-earnings-call-transcript?source=thestreet

Archived