Amex Platinum

Masonic Phantom

Since your asking about cruise benefits with Amx Platinum on the Silversea thread,belo w is the AMX link describing the benefits:

In short u must own the $450 fee AMX platinum card, then pay for the cruise (deposit, final payment with any other AMX card) to qualify for the benefits ($300 SBC, bottle of premium champagne, galley tour)

Altho, $450 is a large annual fee; with one SS cruise qualifying for the AMX cruise benefits you get $300 SBC and a bottle of Dom (nearly equal to the $450 fee).

https://www217.americanexpress.com/cards/platinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_c&benefitId=3

Since your asking about cruise benefits with Amx Platinum on the Silversea thread,belo w is the AMX link describing the benefits:

In short u must own the $450 fee AMX platinum card, then pay for the cruise (deposit, final payment with any other AMX card) to qualify for the benefits ($300 SBC, bottle of premium champagne, galley tour)

Altho, $450 is a large annual fee; with one SS cruise qualifying for the AMX cruise benefits you get $300 SBC and a bottle of Dom (nearly equal to the $450 fee).

https://www217.americanexpress.com/cards/platinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_c&benefitId=3

Wes knows best - he "walked me" through this process and this year alone I will have received $300 X 3= $900 as onboard credit. That more than offsets the $450 annual fee (not to mention airline lounge access, etc).

Thanks Wes :)

Thanks Paul, however, thanks also go to Cruise Critic & Host Dan, esp where Host Dan spelled out AMX-P rules very clearfly in one of the Seabourn AMX-P threads. We also

like AMX-P cruies benefits for airport lounge access (Delta and AA).

Is there any extra benefits in using my Amex Platinum Charge Card to pay for a cruise :confused:

Cheers M.P.

MP - I would certainly check with AMEX Australia before paying for your cruise. I know the Australian AMEX platinum card does not have all the benefits the USA AMEX platinum card does. My husband looked into this a while ago. I would want those on board benefits in writing from AMEX !! :)

I have contacted Amex Platinum Travel & they confirmed that I do indeed qualify for all the above, so I am in the process of

making my reservation & taking advantage of the offer.I must thank all, of the prompt help & advice I received :)

Best Regards to All

Gary [M.P.]

I have contacted Amex Platinum Travel & they confirmed that I do indeed qualify for all the above, so I am in the process of

making my reservation & taking advantage of the offer.I must thank all, of the prompt help & advice I received :)

Best Regards to All

Gary [M.P.]

In addition to the OBC, there is an annual benefit of $100 for the first vacation you book with the PC, and a cruise qualifies as a vacation.

On the downside, I have heard that a good TA can get you the $300 credit even if you don't have PC.

On the downside, I have heard that a good TA can get you the $300 credit even if you don't have PC.

Absolutely true. I mistakenly booked a cruise through Platinum AMX.

The agent was not knowledgeable about various cruise lines. I received my $300 and nothing else. Not a follow up, on board perk, nothing. First and last with booking through them. My regular agent gives me so much more, plus the AMX perk. I have in the past booked private land tours and been very pleased (China and Egypt). Also love the hotel program, pays for the card.

The Amex OBC and the Silversea one do not conflict. And if your TA gives you more OBC also no conflict.

You need not book through Amex to get this OBC. Any TA can get it. A word of advice, have your TA gett the tracking number for the Amex OBC so you'll have it in case of any problem.

Thanks Paul, however, thanks also go to Cruise Critic & Host Dan, esp where Host Dan spelled out AMX-P rules very clearfly in one of the Seabourn AMX-P threads. We also

like AMX-P cruies benefits for airport lounge access (Delta and AA).

Dear colonelWes, the airport lounge access (delta aa) you're talking about. Is this with the Priority pass that comes with the platinium Amex card? Or is there an other benefit for AMX-P cruises?

Thx tonyballoons

Dear colonelWes, the airport lounge access (delta aa) you're talking about. Is this with the Priority pass that comes with the platinium Amex card? Or is there an other benefit for AMX-P cruises?

Thx tonyballoons

The airport lounge access benefit has nothing to do with cruise benefits. The very nice thing, however, is the fact that you can access the US Airways lounge, even if you are flying on a different carrier!

Host Dan

The airport lounge access benefit has nothing to do with cruise benefits. The very nice thing, however, is the fact that you can access the US Airways lounge, even if you are flying on a different carrier!

Host Dan

Same for AA, Continental and Delta lounges :)

Host Dan, you are correct. For AMEX platinum lounge access with Continental, Delta, and AA, you need a boarding pass for a flight on that particular airline. The new US Airways lounge policy is unique. And as of December 2011 Continental will no longer be a part of the program, due to their merger with United.

The only thing I would add is that the galley tour is available for free to all passengers; you just sign up and it is announced in the daily Chronicles. One couple on our last cruise loved to brag about their "special AmEx galley tour" and were non-plusssed when they found me on the same tour =)

The only thing I would add is that the galley tour is available for free to all passengers; you just sign up and it is announced in the daily Chronicles. One couple on our last cruise loved to brag about their "special AmEx galley tour" and were non-plusssed when they found me on the same tour =)

On our recent trip on the Cloud, there were two Galley tours. One for the 8 people who paid with Amex Platinum (to which you did not have to sign up, just got invited), and one everyone else could sign up for (which I assume was more crowded and limited).

Archived