New Dining Room Breakfast Menu

Krazy Kruizers

A breakfast passenger last week on the Eurodam ordered a large bowl of creamy grits (which he got) and ordered them with brown sugar and raisins (which he heaped on from a serving bowl).

As a resident of the southeastern U.S., I welcome the cultural diversity that one encounters on a cruise ship. But I must admit that even diversity should have some limits--grits with sugar and raisins?

Even the Indonesian server seemed quietly startled at the idea.

Oooohhh, turkey sausage links? That is great! I can't eat pork or eggs, so my choices were limited to fruit and hash browns. Turkey sausage links would've been wonderful! So glad they have added them. Now we need to book a cruise so I can enjoy them. :D

On the Eurodam two weeks ago, they also had turkey bacon which is a first for me. We can't eat pork either and really enjoyed the alternative. I really missed not having corned beef hash. It would be nice if the new menu included that.

On the Eurodam two weeks ago, they also had turkey bacon which is a first for me. We can't eat pork either and really enjoyed the alternative. I really missed not having corned beef hash. It would be nice if the new menu included that.

Corned Beef Hash is listed on the new menu -- under "On The Side".

We had turkey bacon last week on Eurodam both in Pinnacle and Room Service Breakfast.

[quote name='KirkNC']Can I order now? :D

Kirk[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I’ll start with a raisin bun, pineapple juice, and coffee. I’ll have the Southwest Omelet with hickory smoked bacon on the side. And some grits with butter. :D [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]DH wanted to try that -- but there was no herring on the Ryndam for the 2 weeks we were on her.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I heard people commenting they didn't have it on my cruise either. I was on the Ryndam from Oct.17-31/10.

Loved the new breakfast menu! There was so much to choose from. I have to say the lox were terrible! They were totally stringy and chopped up. They used to be so good on HAL.

[quote]
Loved the new breakfast menu! There was so much to choose from. I have to say the lox were terrible! They were totally stringy and chopped up. They used to be so good on HAL.
[/quote]

[B]My husband loved the smoke salmon on Maasdam in August and Eurodam in October. I rarely eat it but he had beautiful big slices served to him. It sure looked good.

Was your disappointing lox in Lido, Dining Room, Pinnacle or Room Service?

Don't give up on it yet. I think it could have been an anomaly your's wasn't as good as usual.

[/B]

[quote name='lorekauf']I heard people commenting they didn't have it on my cruise either. I was on the Ryndam from Oct.17-31/10.

Loved the new breakfast menu! There was so much to choose from. I have to say the lox were terrible! They were totally stringy and chopped up. They used to be so good on HAL.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We were on the Ryndam Oct 10 and 17th.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]DH ordered the lox one time -- we ate every breakfast in the Pinnacle and his was excellent -- not stringy.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Where did you have yours? In the dining room or the Lido?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]My husband loved the smoke salmon on Maasdam in August and Eurodam in October. I rarely eat it but he had beautiful big slices served to him. It sure looked good. [/B]

[B]Was your disappointing lox in Lido, Dining Room, Pinnacle or Room Service?[/B]

[B]Don't give up on it yet. I think it could have been an anomaly your's wasn't as good as usual.[/B]

[/quote]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We were on the Ryndam Oct 10 and 17th.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]DH ordered the lox one time -- we ate every breakfast in the Pinnacle and his was excellent -- not stringy.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Where did you have yours? In the dining room or the Lido?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
It was in the dining room. I hope that this was an anomoly because I love the lox and I was really disappointed. They've been excellent on every other cruise I've been on.

KK, I just missed you on my cruise. Sounds like you really got re-routed on that one. I was very happy to make all my ports on the Oct.17-31 cruise. I really loved the ports and will do that cruise again. Tampa is an excellent facility IMO.

[quote name='jaderbee']Can we order from the same menu for Room Service? Or is it for the MDR only? Thanks! :)[/quote]
I've ordered from room service on those cards that they leave on your bed. When I've written items in they have brought them. This time I couldn't get any peanut butter. They said they were running out. I've had good luck in the past. I think they do try to accomodate if possible.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]DH wanted to try that -- but there was no herring on the Ryndam for the 2 weeks we were on her.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Surprisingly, IKEA sells pickled herring in their stores. I tried some when I was at a friend's in Sweden and then found out they had the same brand at IKEA at home (Canada).

Archived