Anyone notice

My opinion about Allure is that it looks as if a rescue vessel is missing. Apparently that is not the case because there are 9 rescue vessels on each side, but it looks like there is one missing. I understand wanting to reconfigure where they are to leave room for the wave breaker.

66290_1492593629064_1060720059_31131288_2362838_n.jpg

This is better photo of Oasis.

My questions is, is the wave breaker really necessary once the ship gets into sailing the caribbean sea? Wasn't the damage done during the crossing because of the storm/rough seas? Could a ship sailing the caribbean sea sustain damage to a rescue vessel like the first two on Oasis did? I know anything is possible, but it just seems odd.

It was reported that a small rescue vessel was to go in the now vacant first spot. It's not there yet, don't know if that plan was scrapped or just delayed till Ft. Lauderdale. The way they constructed the extension it appears to have an opening for it.

Tyler80,

Thanks for the great comparison shots. It is interesting how the Oasis helped make adjustments on the Allure. I'm sure there are other areas on the ship as well. Can't wait to see if we can figure those out once we're on board the Allure.

Thanks for posting the pix! I´ve noticed that part yesterday but I didn´t have a nice shot of the Oasis to compare. I´ve noticed earlier that they did not extend the wave braker like the ones on the Oasis and wondered why they didn´t. Now it definitely makes sense and it´s looking much better.

steamboats

Archived