Any current/future promotions?

Paulchili

We are looking at booking an Asia cruise for 2012 but I am waiting for a promo of some kind as usually they are for "NEW' bookings only.

Anyone knows of one running now or coming soon?

Thanks,

Paul

I doubt it. The promotions seem to be about filling the ships for 2010-2011.

Most of the promotions seem to repeat themselves such as $500.00 OBC per cabin, although the Caribbean sailings have had a much higher OBC.

Hi Paul Chili

When we were on the Quest we had them quote a couple of itineraries.

Holy Land Itinerary - 1o nights (I think) for Oct 2011. Price for a deck six was 4400 or so. We are currently booked on Regent for Nov 2011 16 night Safaga to Barcelona. Basic cabin at 8500. However this includes - all suite ship, all drinks, excursions and also the air. Plus Regent is now including a 3 night pre cruise of Cairo and Luxor with excursions, hotels and meals. You do the math.

2012 Asia - Azamara has a lovely itinerary 17 days in the far east but their pricing does not compare to similar Silversea itineraries.

My thoughts are early booking does not make sense on Azamara. From reading past passengers comments they are precluded from new deals. The deals appear closer to the time. I will sail again on Azamara knowing its good points and deficiencies but I do not think I will book in advance.

Miriam

Hi Paul Chili

My thoughts are early booking does not make sense on Azamara. From reading past passengers comments they are precluded from new deals. The deals appear closer to the time. I will sail again on Azamara knowing its good points and deficiencies but I do not think I will book in advance.

Miriam

Miriam,

It would seem that it is the way to go with Azamara.

However, when you are trying to connect a specific cruise with other cruises/land programs (as I am in this case), your options may be more limited. You can wait only so long before the cruise or your category sells out. Not to mention when you have to get award tickets 330 days out (for premium cabins).

It's a shame that this is the way Azamara chooses to treat people that plan early.

Miriam,

It would seem that it is the way to go with Azamara.

However, when you are trying to connect a specific cruise with other cruises/land programs (as I am in this case), your options may be more limited. You can wait only so long before the cruise or your category sells out. Not to mention when you have to get award tickets 330 days out (for premium cabins).

It's a shame that this is the way Azamara chooses to treat people that plan early.

Paul,

See my thread on Choice Air Promotions.

There is a HUGE ($1,000.00pp discount on the cruise fare) loss if one had booked one of these dates early and if one had already purchased air. This happened 7 plus months prior to our cruise date. And yes, our preference is to book at least a year in advance.

Hi Paulchili! We're early planners for many of the same reasons as you. We're considering our travel options for 2012 right now, but we would not book an Azamara cruise this far out. No sense getting penalized rather than rewarded for our loyalty.

Hi Paulchili! We're early planners for many of the same reasons as you. We're considering our travel options for 2012 right now, but we would not book an Azamara cruise this far out. No sense getting penalized rather than rewarded for our loyalty.

+1.

I'd like to think it's Azamara's loss.

Archived