Port Of Miami to West Palm Beach Airport

Corby114

Returning from the Carnival Liberty on Saturday, March 26th,2011. Have a 3:40PM flight from PBI to LGA on Delta. Need easy transportation for three adults with plenty of time to kill. Doesn't make much sense to take shuttle back to Miami Airport and rent a vehicle for maybe eight hours. Any suggestions from the great Cruise Critic Members.

Returning from the Carnival Liberty on Saturday, March 26th,2011. Have a 3:40PM flight from PBI to LGA on Delta. Need easy transportation for three adults with plenty of time to kill. Doesn't make much sense to take shuttle back to Miami Airport and rent a vehicle for maybe eight hours. Any suggestions from the great Cruise Critic Members.

If you can all handle your own luggage, I think Tri Rail makes sense in your case. Take a taxi to the station near MIA and ride Tri Rail up to the West Palm Beach station.

I'm seeing threads about renting a car from Alamo at PBI, returning to MIA airport and taking Alamo's free rental shuttle. I also am considering flying into PBI and doing this, but with an 11:30 AM arrival on Saturday and 4 PM sailing, not sure I can make it work. :)

If you can all handle your own luggage, I think Tri Rail makes sense in your case. Take a taxi to the station near MIA and ride Tri Rail up to the West Palm Beach station.

This looks interesting, we're flying down to West Palm Beach for a cruise out of Miami on 12/2/2010. This could be perfect, it looks inexpensive, just wondering how much tim I need to allocate to get from when the plane lands to boarding the ship (have to get from the Miami station to the cruise port terminal).

Thanks

To figure out all this, best to go to the tri-rail website and put in your needs.

When we took tri-rail to Miami, we got on in WPB and got off at the Hialeah station, waited for the 'metromover' I think it's called - got on that to the Civic Center station, then taxi from there to your ship. It won't be expensive as the Civic Center station and the one after it (forgot the name, sorry) are right downtown.

If all goes well, it should take about 2 hours at the most. But delays occur, so allow plenty of time.

M.A.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like a cab to the Miami Tri Rail station and three one way tickets to the West Palm Beach station. Tickets are $5.00 a person and then a cab from West Palm Beach Tri Rail station to airport. Called Tri Rail customer service and they said train leaves from the Miami station at 8:00AM, 10;00AM, 12Noon, etc. My wife who isn't even going on this trip is bashing me for not taking the time to do further research for this trip. She stated that I should have paid the higher price from Newark, New Jersey and flew directly into either FLL or MIA. I'm retiring from work in December 2010 and will have plenty of time.

2 taxis + train while dragging bags? :confused: I'd take another look at renting a car, stopping for lunch, and avoiding the hassel factor. It may be slightly more expensive, but your sanity is worth something. Good luck!:)

Archived