Booking while on board

ShopperfiendTO

Hi,

I know that this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there are any changes to the policy and to clarify a particular scenario.

You usually get a discount when you book your cruise while onboard. I think I remember it's something like $200 per cabin if it's not one of the cruises that are "on special"?

My questions:

1. Is this still the policy (what is the current "bonus")?

2. Say I book a cruise in December for 2012 and I board another cruise in 2011. can this on-board booking "bonus" be used on that 2012 cruise that was booked in December?

3. If it can, how is this done (because it looks like a rebooking or replacing a booking with another of the exact same booking - is it considered a cancellation of the December booking?), and what if there is a price increase in the meanwhile?:confused:

Hi Shopperfiend,

I "re"booked my upcoming New England cruise while on the

Regatta in August. I had already booked the cruise, but as long as a room in the category you want is available, they will "re"book with a savings of 5%! That was a nice surprise for us - it was over $600! The $200 comes into play when you book another cruise within 45 days of returning frrom a cruise and receive the $200 coupon in the mail after the cruise. We received our coupon about a week after returning (maybe early September), but it can not be used in conjunction with the 5% savings - it is one or the other - so we did the only smart thing - booked another cruise!

Hope all this makes sense.

Kathie

Hi,

I know that this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there are any changes to the policy and to clarify a particular scenario.

You usually get a discount when you book your cruise while onboard. I think I remember it's something like $200 per cabin if it's not one of the cruises that are "on special"?

My questions:

1. Is this still the policy (what is the current "bonus")? 5%

2. Say I book a cruise in December for 2012 and I board another cruise in 2011. can this on-board booking "bonus" be used on that 2012 cruise that was booked in December? ASK ....they may or may not allow it

I think you are confusing the issues

GrammieK is right ..if you book while onboard you get 5% discount

If you book after you get off the cruise within 45 days & have your $200 voucher you get that discount

They cannot be combined

Ask your TA if you are still uncertain

Lyn

Thank you for your helpful response Kathie.:)

It does make sense:D, but there remains a question... what if the price of the cruise increased between the time you booked it originally and when you rebooked while onboard?

Also, what about perks you may have received on the original booking? I assume they still remain on the rebooking?

Thank you for your helpful response Kathie.:)

It does make sense:D, but there remains a question... what if the price of the cruise increased between the time you booked it originally and when you rebooked while onboard?

Why would you rebook it?

They may give you the discount without cancelling ...you have to ask once onbaord

That happened to us. While onboard, they give 5% off the current fare, not the fare you originally paid, and it does involve re-booking. Since our original fare and deal, which involved gratuities/shipboard credit, was less than the current fare even with 5% off, we did not re-book and we were not able to use the 5% discount. They did let us use the $200 credit for the second cruise, though---so we were happy. (I know people are mentioning getting the $200 coupon after the cruise, which I know happens, but we were able to arrange this while still on the cruise.)

Archived