Allure of the Seas Pre-Inaug Cruise

I am on the pre-pre inaugural on 23rd November.

Normally everything on board is free (drinks included), well that is how it has been on the two Celebrity ones we have been on

Essentially no difference from a proper cruise apart from the lack of use of your credit card

I am also on that sailing, a lot of info can be found over on the Allure Thread pages, enjoy your free sailing and all the free benifuts on board :D

We were just invited to go on this Pre-Inaugural cruise Nov.29-Dec.1. We have never done one of these trips before and are wondering what they are like. Anyone out there that have done these before that can shed some light on what to expect? Is everything the same as if it were a paid for trip?

We have a roll call going for this cruise..check out the link in my signature.........then stop by and say hello......

There will be free drinks,free parking ,tips inc.....shows to see.................fun,fun,fun!

We were just invited to go on this Pre-Inaugural cruise Nov.29-Dec.1. We have never done one of these trips before and are wondering what they are like. Anyone out there that have done these before that can shed some light on what to expect? Is everything the same as if it were a paid for trip?

The major difference is that you won't earn a cruise credit because "you" are not paying for it.

Got Out There,

Last year on the Oasis pre inaugurals there were lots of kids onboard and even Adventure Ocean was open and had a full program for the kids. It´s been the same "21" rule last year but obviously no one really cared... I think the 21 rule is because of the free booze.

steamboats

Got Out There,

Last year on the Oasis pre inaugurals there were lots of kids onboard and even Adventure Ocean was open and had a full program for the kids. It´s been the same "21" rule last year but obviously no one really cared... I think the 21 rule is because of the free booze.

steamboats

I think that's why they have that rule too..........and I think the kids that we saw were kids of some VIPs.....:rolleyes:

We just rec'd an invite for the 11/29 cruise. I had to laugh when our four children each rec'd an individaul invite too. Unfortunately you must be at least 21 to take the cruise so all four of them will not be able to take RCCL up on their kind offer.

So your family got 5 invites?????? :confused::confused: Did you get invited cuz of your C and A status or as a TA??

We rec'd the invite because of C&A status. Two of our children are D+ on their own while the other two must have been given our status.

If you don't mind answering ...how many credits do you have? If you don't won't to answer I understand. Hoping they are getting close to us.

56 credits, friends of ours were invited weeks ago and had a little over 60, so hopefully they are still extending invites as people decline.

Come join our roll call..........link is in my signature:)

Kathy,

As I´ve been on through the first three pre inaugurals I doubt that those were all VIP kids. Especially on the first night there were lots of people onboard who did win their "tickets" through a sweepstake for the Rihanna concert. And AO was filled on all five days I´ve been on. And me and my Reporter At Sea collegues were - besides RCI officials - part of a very small group who stayed aboard.

steamboats

Kathy,

As I´ve been on through the first three pre inaugurals I doubt that those were all VIP kids. Especially on the first night there were lots of people onboard who did win their "tickets" through a sweepstake for the Rihanna concert. And AO was filled on all five days I´ve been on. And me and my Reporter At Sea collegues were - besides RCI officials - part of a very small group who stayed aboard.

steamboats

Well, then why do they bother even saying 21.....:rolleyes:

what 3 were you on?? I was on the MA(the original one--not the California one;)),the LB,the OA and Solstice.........such fun times..:p:p

Kathy,

I´ve been on the first three pre inaugurals of the Oasis (5 nights in total) as Reporter At Sea. After the Oasis my DH was forced into self employment as journalist and decided to write about cruises besides his main topic computer/internet. So he started a cruise web site (information only, no message board). I had a chance to accompany him on the Eclipse (out of Hamburg) and now on the Allure. Not all invitations do include a partner and actually we do have a 10yo daughter so I can´t join him on every invitation (next to the fact that I do have a full time job).

BTW even on the Eclipse I saw a bunch of kids.

steamboats

We also received an invite for the same date! We can't wait; it's only three weeks from today.:D

Archived