Question for my parents who are currently on Oriana..any advise?

cazz0069

Hi everyone. My parents are currently on the Oriana which left Sydney on Thursday. Having originally booked an oceanview deluxe cabin they have since been upgraded to Mini Suite...Now they have recieved perks like Fresh flowers, a bottle of champagne on arrival and evening canapes, but with Princess i am certain suite passengers get free laundry and internet time....does that work the same with P and O. My parents are to scared to ask, their motto is they are grateful enough just to have gotten the upgrade but its greedy ol me who is trying to see if they are entitled to anything else.

Any advise of feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone! :)

Cheers Jas

Hi everyone. My parents are currently on the Oriana which left Sydney on Thursday. Having originally booked an oceanview deluxe cabin they have since been upgraded to Mini Suite...Now they have recieved perks like Fresh flowers, a bottle of champagne on arrival and evening canapes, but with Princess i am certain suite passengers get free laundry and internet time....does that work the same with P and O. My parents are to scared to ask, their motto is they are grateful enough just to have gotten the upgrade but its greedy ol me who is trying to see if they are entitled to anything else.

Cheers Jas

How lovely for them ,:)

sorry can't help about the laundry.

I'm with your parents I'd just do my own laundry and be pleased with the upgrade

How lovely for them ,:)

sorry can't help about the laundry.

I'm with your parents I'd just do my own laundry and be pleased with the upgrade

Yeah i agree, but my motto is if they are entitled to it, might as well get it...thanks for you lovely wishes :)

I think your parents have won the Lotto with that upgrade, no complain !

In 14 cruises we have never got an upgrade, some people are just unlucky.

Les i agree!!! They were almost certain that it was an error until they saw the card in the room with the flowers that said that they had been upgraded... the interesting thing mum was trying to ask me `why them` This is the first cruise with P and O, they were thinking that surely that there must be other people on the ship with far more frequent flyer points (so to speak) So to me there is just no rhyme no reason as to who gets one.... :)

Hi Cazz,

How far are they travelling on Oriana?

That may have an effect on an upgrade.

I dont think the mini suites qualify for free laundry or internet time.

It is P&O , and their perks arent as good as Princess.

What a lovely surprise for them....

they will be expecting all that on any future cruise now:D:D

Hi Cazz,

How far are they travelling on Oriana?

That may have an effect on an upgrade.

I dont think the mini suites qualify for free laundry or internet time.

It is P&O , and their perks arent as good as Princess.

What a lovely surprise for them....

they will be expecting all that on any future cruise now:D:D

Hey David, they are only going to Hong Kong, so that be the reason. Mum and Dad are lucky they have never been people who have lucked up like that when it comes to getting free things, upgrades etc, so i think they will be extremely grateful for this. I have advised them that this sort of upgrade is far and few apart, so not to expect another in a hurry :)

That could explain the upgrade, but there really is no rhyme or reason to upgrades.

We have done several seggies of world cruises and always been happy to take a guarantee.

Once on a short 3 day from Ak to Sydney we were given a Penthouse Balcony Suite. Why??? Who knows??? All we could figure was that it had been booked to Auckland and then again from Sydney, so they filled it for those few days.

May be the same with your folks. Cabin was booked until Sydney, then booked again from HK.

Who knows....just wish them all the best...and to Go for it and enjoy.:):)

Hi Jas,

I just looked on the P and O website and there is no mention of laundry and internet. On Princess in a mini suite you do not receive any perks other than a welcome aboard glass of bubbly. You need to be elite or in a full suite to receive those perks.

Linda

Cheers Jas

That is great news Jas. Your parents will be in heaven in that mini suite. I take it that the mini suite will be party central!

And yes they should ask about their perks. The staff can only say no.

This reminds me of our honeymoon in Thailand, we arrived in the early hours of the morning and when we got to the Royal Orchild Sheraton, we discovered our booking in the towers section (the more upmarket part of the hotel) had been upgraded to a corner suite. I was totally blown away, we had vases of red roses everywhere. Part of the towers service was butler service, drinks and canapes every night. We didn't quite know what to do with a butler, we ended up taking the butler shopping with us one night, had the butler come down to the restaurant one night to explain the menu. I didn't like to ask the butler to unpack and pack our suitcases.

David is probably right, that the suite was empty for that sector. P&O may have also then sold their original cabin to another passenger. It is all about bums on seats, or bums on beds. Leanne :)

That is great news Jas. Your parents will be in heaven in that mini suite. I take it that the mini suite will be party central!

And yes they should ask about their perks. The staff can only say no.

This reminds me of our honeymoon in Thailand, we arrived in the early hours of the morning and when we got to the Royal Orchild Sheraton, we discovered our booking in the towers section (the more upmarket part of the hotel) had been upgraded to a corner suite. I was totally blown away, we had vases of red roses everywhere. Part of the towers service was butler service, drinks and canapes every night. We didn't quite know what to do with a butler, we ended up taking the butler shopping with us one night, had the butler come down to the restaurant one night to explain the menu. I didn't like to ask the butler to unpack and pack our suitcases.

David is probably right, that the suite was empty for that sector. P&O may have also then sold their original cabin to another passenger. It is all about bums on seats, or bums on beds. Leanne :)

Ironically Barry (Bazzaw) was saying he got upgraded to a deluxe ocean view, so he has more than likely got the cabin my parents originally had....

I am so happy for them, Dad has been so sick this year and it was touch and go for a little while, so the fact that they have been given this is huge perk. They dont expect any freebies, but i was just checking to see if there was any way i could make it any better....but you know what...i think they have it pretty good. Thanks for your responses everyone! :)

Having originally booked an oceanview deluxe cabin they have since been upgraded to Mini Suite...Now they have recieved perks like Fresh flowers, a bottle of champagne on arrival and evening canapes, but with Princess i am certain suite passengers get free laundry and internet time....

The laundry is already free on Oriana.

There's no internet benefit, but the benefits of the mini-suite cabin (aside from the space!) are:

Mineral water on arrival, Luxurious premier pamper pack, Coffee machine, Bathrobe and slippers, Magazine and newspaper selection upon arrival, Atlas and binoculars, Fruit basket, flowers, champagne and chocolates on arrival, Daily canapes

The laundry is already free on Oriana.

There's no internet benefit, but the benefits of the mini-suite cabin (aside from the space!) are:

Mineral water on arrival, Luxurious premier pamper pack, Coffee machine, Bathrobe and slippers, Magazine and newspaper selection upon arrival, Atlas and binoculars, Fruit basket, flowers, champagne and chocolates on arrival, Daily canapes

Awesome thanks for clearing that up. As long as they dont have to give the cabim up they are 2 very happy campers :)

Cheers Jas

I did the Oriana Syd to Hong Kong. There is a free Laundromat on board and you can by washing powder from one of the gift shops (I had brought my own). I found the laundry a great place to meet people and have a chat. No upgrade for me although. Had a good time although I found the ship a little reserved for me. I think many of the passengers were doing the whole trip and were a little over it by the time we got on. Tell your parents to eat in the Gary Rhodes restaurant well worth the 15 pounds. Tell them not to eat lunch if they go the servings are big.

Cruise Love

I did the Oriana Syd to Hong Kong. There is a free Laundromat on board and you can by washing powder from one of the gift shops (I had brought my own). I found the laundry a great place to meet people and have a chat. No upgrade for me although. Had a good time although I found the ship a little reserved for me. I think many of the passengers were doing the whole trip and were a little over it by the time we got on. Tell your parents to eat in the Gary Rhodes restaurant well worth the 15 pounds. Tell them not to eat lunch if they go the servings are big.

Cruise Love

Hey Cruise Love, thanks for that. I shall text my parents now and let them know...thanks for your help! :)

Archived