Anyone here actually been able to take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee?

I do not think that I know everything, and it may turn out that I am wrong in this case, but it would be an interesting perversion of the way that RC set up the system themselves that they would honor such a pricing situation.

People who have merely put a hold on a cruise on Sunday, and dropped the hold, then tried to book the cruise on the Tuesday Sales Event, have been denied. That's without trying to get a "price drop" - just trying to get a "price".

Perhaps "your" lucky. Or perhaps you're lucky.

Like Sue, I believe that the proof is in the invoice from RC.

Please excuse my grammar, i post from a smart phone, So things do not always look pretty as they would from a real live computer.

Has anyone ever posted a copy of their personal invoice? :confused: I sure wouldn't. :eek:

Gina

I didn't say post it I asked if he had seen it? And he said he hasn't, I told him how to obtain it. You have to submit a form for this and then they send you an email either approving or denying it. Where is that? Was the form even sent in?

Exactly. I will not be doing this, but i will get the proof you all so deeply desire, in time.

Again where did I say post it, I asked if YOU saw it? Plain and simple. When did this price drop happen? How long ago? When was the form submitted?

I didn't say post it I asked if he had seen it? And he said he hasn't, I told him how to obtain it. You have to submit a form for this and then they send you an email either approving or denying it. Where is that? Was the form even sent in?

He might know what he paid and had refunded in the form of a credit card statement. Although RCI's credit card refunds are always strange looking to me. For some reason what should be a simple total dollar amount is made in these unusual increments. But the do add up correctly. I've seen this on our own statements enough times.

I thought it sounded as if he was expected to prove it here.

Gina

Again where did I say post it, I asked if YOU saw it? Plain and simple. When did this price drop happen? How long ago? When was the form submitted?

Oh! Ok. No have not see anything yet I'm going on the word of my TA that the adjustment is all done. But shes fairly trustworthy since she is my step mother.

Oh! Ok. No have not see anything yet I'm going on the word of my TA that the adjustment is all done. But shes fairly trustworthy since she is my step mother.

that's great but did she submit the form, many don't realize it needs to be done. Has she gotten the email back? If not on either of these it didn't happen, I believe your TA, it is RCCL I don't believe.

that's great but did she submit the form, many don't realize it needs to be done. Has she gotten the email back? If not on either of these it didn't happen, I believe your TA, it is RCCL I don't believe.

Yep, summited on tuesday, and got back to me on friday that all was well.:D

Yep, summited on tuesday, and got back to me on friday that all was well.:D

Exactly. I will not be doing this, but i will get the proof you all so deeply desire, in time.

So which is it? You are taking the word of your TA?

You will get the proof?

Or you have had it all along in the email, though it wouldn't have gone to you since you booked through a TA. It would have gone to the email on the booking which is your TA's.

Sorry I am not trying to be argumentative but your story changes the further you get into it.

So which is it? You are taking the word of your TA?

You will get the proof?

Or you have had it all along in the email, though it wouldn't have gone to you since you booked through a TA. It would have gone to the email on the booking which is your TA's.

Sorry I am not trying to be argumentative but your story changes the further you get into it.

You are quite the difficult one.:mad:

I will get you all proof as I said before via email from RCCL them selves.

I booked through a TA, She TOLD me she submitted the "paperwork" for the price match on tuesday, Friday TOLD me she got the word it was all taken care of.

Story is unchanged. I don't understand what is so hard to understand.

Sure, I called RCI and asked before i did it though. I did it on a Sunday and took advantage on tuesday, just to be sure. Wasn't sure if the C&A thing would work.

It is a new booking using the 48 hr price protection. Just because the price goes down in a special doesn't mean it didn't go down. A guarantee is a guarantee.

I suggest you call RCI yourself and get it in writing if your nervous about it but yeah it works. Granted only on a select number of cruises mind you.

I am not questioning that you got the refund. The way RCI understands and follows their own policies, nothing is a surprise.

Whether you should have is another question.

Here is a quote from their FAQ on the BPG.

"The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the Royal Sales Events and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable."

I have specifically tried your scenario, and been flatly refused.

Maybe that is my fault, because I ask for a certain person at C&A D+, so I get a rep that understands all their rules and follows them.

This is probably the clearest wording they have on any of their policies.:rolleyes:

I am not questioning that you got the refund. The way RCI understands and follows their own policies, nothing is a surprise.

Whether you should have is another question.

Here is a quote from their FAQ on the BPG.

"The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the Royal Sales Events and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable."

I have specifically tried your scenario, and been flatly refused.

Maybe that is my fault, because I ask for a certain person at C&A D+, so I get a rep that understands all their rules and follows them.

This is probably the clearest wording they have on any of their policies.:rolleyes:

Well then I guess you lost out because I called again today, and got the same exact line, again, and got the deal myself. I don't care what the "FAQs" say the Terms and Conditions are also clear and i posted those in a Previous post.

Also upon a second read, it would appear that the FAQ is worded so that if the Original Reservation itself is a Tuesday deal then that reservation would not qualify for the 48 hr guarantee.

Therefore, a normal plain booking would qualify and be subject to adjustment on ANY(per the Terms and Conditions) publicly advertised price.

I did request the 48 price difference on our last cruise and they did give a few responses that it was for new booking only and also that I missed the "48" hours. It was for only $60.00 but I did eventualy receive $50.00 shipboard credit which I was happy with.

My savings technique was much easier. Less than a week until final payment I have downgraded a balcony. It's only a four day cruise so if a paid upgrade doesn't become available back to my original category, I've still saved $500 over 4 days and still have a balcony.

Gina

Booking a lower-category room in hopes of upgrading later is probably the best defensive move right now that guarantees your space on a certain cruise. I have done the same on two bookings. At least you won't get as aggravated if a more expensive room gets a crazy discount at the end, and you might be able to upgrade to it for free.

I don't doubt that you were told you got it, or that your TA believes you got it, I just doubt the consistency of RC. There haven't been enough reports yet to come to a concrete conclusion. Even if you did get the discount this time, there may be 3 people that post after you who weren't able to get it using the same parameters. It will take a few people posting that it worked for them,too, before we start to believe it's true. Nothing personal.

Well, right now, a C1 cabin on the Oasis for 11/13/2010 sailing is $1669 p/p.

Tomorrow, it goes on sale for $949 p/p.

That is $1440 less for the double rate.

If anyone wants to test the theory, they can get an extra $144 back from the 110% guarantee. That is in addition to the $1440, for a total of $1584.

Of course if they are wrong, they paid $1440 too much by not waiting until tomorrow.

I guess the odds are the same for a PR cabin. Better payoff though. Drops from $1899 p/p to $849 p/p tomorrow. $2310 total payout there.

When I tried mine, it was only a $10 p/p drop for a total drop of $22 including the extra 10%. I was still told no, but don't think I would gamble booking the Oasis today for a possible extra 10% back. I would wait until tomorrow, or not book at all.

Well, right now, a C1 cabin on the Oasis for 11/13/2010 sailing is $1669 p/p.

Tomorrow, it goes on sale for $949 p/p.

That is $1440 less for the double rate.

If anyone wants to test the theory, they can get an extra $144 back from the 110% guarantee. That is in addition to the $1440, for a total of $1584.

Of course if they are wrong, they paid $1440 too much by not waiting until tomorrow.

I guess the odds are the same for a PR cabin. Better payoff though. Drops from $1899 p/p to $849 p/p tomorrow. $2310 total payout there.

When I tried mine, it was only a $10 p/p drop for a total drop of $22 including the extra 10%. I was still told no, but don't think I would gamble booking the Oasis today for a possible extra 10% back. I would wait until tomorrow, or not book at all.

They are really taking away all the fun of booking a cruise....for most it is now a very stressful thing....and those numbers above give the reason why....with drops like that forget losing $100's....you are now at risk of losing thousands in just days:eek:....that's just so wrong in so many ways:rolleyes:

Well then I guess you lost out because I called again today, and got the same exact line, again, and got the deal myself. I don't care what the "FAQs" say the Terms and Conditions are also clear and i posted those in a Previous post.

Also upon a second read, it would appear that the FAQ is worded so that if the Original Reservation itself is a Tuesday deal then that reservation would not qualify for the 48 hr guarantee.

Therefore, a normal plain booking would qualify and be subject to adjustment on ANY(per the Terms and Conditions) publicly advertised price.

You are definitely on to something with this interpretation. I re-read it and it sure does sound like that is what it means. In other words...book a Tuesday special and if tomorrow the rate goes lower - too bad - you bought your cruise with a special price and that's the price you get.

Gina

You are quite the difficult one.:mad:

I will get you all proof as I said before via email from RCCL them selves.

I booked through a TA, She TOLD me she submitted the "paperwork" for the price match on tuesday, Friday TOLD me she got the word it was all taken care of.

Story is unchanged. I don't understand what is so hard to understand.

For the record, I see nothing at all contradictory in anything you've said. I only read you as trying to clarify why you believe you got the price and why you trust your TA. And now you are going to ask her to see in in writing via an invoice so you don't have to simply take her word for it.

Gina

They are really taking away all the fun of booking a cruise....for most it is now a very stressful thing....and those numbers above give the reason why....with drops like that forget losing $100's....you are now at risk of losing thousands in just days:eek:....that's just so wrong in so many ways:rolleyes:

I agree. It IS wrong and it's exactly why I have said RCI is playing games with their pricing. And I've been insulted for saying that and asked to explain why I say that. I have no reason to explain it to anyone who is functioning in awareness mode. :rolleyes:

If I were a gambling woman - which I'm not - and I wanted to go on that monstrosity of a ship - I'd book the lowest category I could stand and give it a try. If they didn't want to abide by the 48 hour price guarantee, I'd go ahead and upgrade to as high a room as was within the price I paid. Or is this also denied because it's for new bookings only? Actually, it used to be denied even if one wanted to pay to upgrade as I well know because it happened to me. But on my last cruise a whole lot of people were permitted to pay for the upgrades on the Tuesday Special which caused no D+ upgrades. So I'd think they'd allow the upgrade based on price already paid, too, especially if the price is paid within the previous 48 hours.

But RCI has made it so extremely complicated and so not clear cut. They HAVE made booking a cruise to be stressful and with this new May 17th rule, I definitely will cut back on my bookings. Not that I don't have enough already but they mostly fall under the pre-May 17th rule.

Gina

Or as some would have us think - we should just book out cruise at top dollar if we can afford it and put our blinders on - so what if it drops thousands tomorrow. What you don't know can't hurt you. Put your head in the sand. You got the room you wanted at a price you could afford. :rolleyes: :(

Maybe those who can afford more should just send RCI an extra donation for their room. :rolleyes: It's not about affordability - it's about what's right. And the price games RCI is playing are just wrong. Too many rules, promotions, interpretations.

... I'd go ahead and upgrade to as high a room as was within the price I paid. Or is this also denied because it's for new bookings only? Actually, it used to be denied even if one wanted to pay to upgrade as I well know because it happened to me. But on my last cruise a whole lot of people were permitted to pay for the upgrades on the Tuesday Special which caused no D+ upgrades. So I'd think they'd allow the upgrade based on price already paid, too, especially if the price is paid within the previous 48 hours.

Gina

I have seen posts about not being able to pay for an upgrade that was listed as a Tuesday special. Their rules are many and subject to interpretation so it is no wonder no one seems to have a full grasp of these 'rules'. And I use that term loosely :rolleyes:

Archived