Anyone here actually been able to take advantage of the Best Price Guarantee?

As the topic states, I'm curious if anyone here has been able to take advantage of the BPG and how it worked for you.

I wonder if anyone has been able to take advantage of it Before final payment or after final payment and how the 110% difference was credited to you.

Thanks Sue!

Do you mind if I ask...The policy on the RCI site states that you will get a 110% credit for the price difference as OBC or as refund/credit against the invoice if requested.

Since your was after final payment, did you request a refund or did you take it as an OBC?

This can actually be taken advantage of quite easily. First preview the Tuesday special from this page, normally available Friday:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Then book your trip on Sunday(can on Saturday for C&A folks) for what ever trip you want that is part of the "tuesday deals". Be sure to note the cabin category for the special.

Then come Tuesday, or Monday for you C&As, fill out the form and presto Tuesday deal plus 10%. Will be refunded in cash against the invoice or obc your choice. Worked great and had first pick of the remaining staterooms on special. Almost paid for my gratuities.

Is it playing the system, yes but hey this was their crappy screw you to not allowing price adustments after final, so IMO I'm just playing the game.

This can actually be taken advantage of quite easily. First preview the Tuesday special from this page, normally available Friday:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Then book your trip on Sunday(can on Saturday for C&A folks) for what ever trip you want that is part of the "tuesday deals". Be sure to note the cabin category for the special.

Then come Tuesday, or Monday for you C&As, fill out the form and presto Tuesday deal plus 10%. Will be refunded in cash against the invoice or obc your choice. Worked great and had first pick of the remaining staterooms on special. Almost paid for my gratuities.

Is it playing the system, yes but hey this was their crappy screw you to not allowing price adustments after final, so IMO I'm just playing the game.

So you are saying you actually did this already and that RCI allowed it? I would have thought they wouldn't allow someone to do this since Tuesday special have always been for new bookings only.

Here is a direct quote from the RCI website explaining the BPG...

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the Royal Sales Events and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail.

So you are saying you actually did this already and that RCI allowed it? I would have thought they wouldn't allow someone to do this since Tuesday special have always been for new bookings only.

Here is a direct quote from the RCI website explaining the BPG...

I am as puzzled as Scott, since this is what I had always understood, too.

thanks sue!

Do you mind if i ask...the policy on the rci site states that you will get a 110% credit for the price difference as obc or as refund/credit against the invoice if requested.

Since your was after final payment, did you request a refund or did you take it as an obc?

obc

I am as puzzled as Scott, since this is what I had always understood, too.

totally and Tuesday specials are available Monday for C & A, not sundays to my understanding.

I guide the sky? Have you actually seen it applied to a booking with your method? Have an invoice for it? I don't believe they will honor it that way to my understanding.

I thought Tuesday Specials were for new bookings only?:confused:

Sure, I called RCI and asked before i did it though. I did it on a Sunday and took advantage on tuesday, just to be sure. Wasn't sure if the C&A thing would work.

It is a new booking using the 48 hr price protection. Just because the price goes down in a special doesn't mean it didn't go down. A guarantee is a guarantee.

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee applies to the cruise rate only. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee will not apply to government fees and taxes and/or any fuel supplement charge. Lower rates must be Royal Caribbean’s publicly advertised ratesWhich Tuesday specials are available to the general public. Group rates, membership programsThis is where they might get you on a C&A deal, The rep said it would be good but i did sunday to tuesday just in case, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Royal Caribbean to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates are ineligible. To submit a Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim, please click on the link above and complete all the required information. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. The lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for reserving at the time Royal Caribbean reviews your submitted Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim form. All Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted on-line within 48 hours of reserving your cruise and verified by Royal Caribbean in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee is applicable to North American reservations only.

I suggest you call RCI yourself and get it in writing if your nervous about it but yeah it works. Granted only on a select number of cruises mind you.

Sure, I called RCI and asked before i did it though. I did it on a Sunday and took advantage on tuesday, just to be sure. Wasn't sure if the C&A thing would work.

It is a new booking using the 48 hr price protection. Just because the price goes down in a special doesn't mean it didn't go down. A guarantee is a guarantee.

I suggest you call RCI yourself and get it in writing if your nervous about it but yeah it works. Granted only on a select number of cruises mind you.

But have you seen the new price reflected in an actual invoice? Once you book it is no longer a new booking and this is how they have always treated the tuesday sales, even holds with no deposits are considered old booking and can't be honored for Tuesday Sales Events or Wow sales.

totally and Tuesday specials are available Monday for C & A, not sundays to my understanding.

I guide the sky? Have you actually seen it applied to a booking with your method? Have an invoice for it? I don't believe they will honor it that way to my understanding.

If you read my post carefully you will see what i mean. AS a C&A, Book on saturday price adjust on monday 48 hours later for the Monday sale as a C&A member.

However I should Correct myself and suggest that if you do it. You book on sunday for the Tuesday sale. So they cant apply the wiggle room about member cruises. Although the Rep I talked to swore that was not the case.

But have you seen the new price reflected in an actual invoice? Once you book it is no longer a new booking and this is how they have always treated the tuesday sales, even holds with no deposits are considered old booking and can't be honored for Tuesday Sales Events or Wow sales.

Yeah Sue thats why its a loop hole.

edit... I see you want to see my invoice, I don't have one since i went through a TA but I'll do you one better. I submitted a question to RCCL about this via their online portal, when I get the response I will post it to but you all at ease.

It really works guys I promise.

i guide the sky:

You are talking at odds with what everyone else is telling you.

It does not matter what ONE RC rep told you on the phone.

The Tuesday Sales Event is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

If you have already booked it: On Monday, on Sunday, on Saturday, on my birthday, on your anniversary, last Christmas, at midnight on Monday.......................IT WON"T BE A NEW BOOKING ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY and you can't have the Tuesday Sales Price. It is NOT a reduction or price drop: It is a SALE PRICE FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

i guide the sky:

You are talking at odds with what everyone else is telling you.

It does not matter what ONE RC rep told you on the phone.

The Tuesday Sales Event is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

If you have already booked it: On Monday, on Sunday, on Saturday, on my birthday, on your anniversary, last Christmas, at midnight on Monday.......................IT WON"T BE A NEW BOOKING ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY and you can't have the Tuesday Sales Price. It is NOT a reduction or price drop: It is a SALE PRICE FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

Merion Mom,

I know you think you know everything but your wrong in this case.

Yeah Sue thats why its a loop hole.

edit... I see you want to see my invoice, I don't have one since i went through a TA but I'll do you one better. I submitted a question to RCCL about this via their online portal, when I get the response I will post it to but you all at ease.

It really works guys I promise.

You can most certainly get an invoice ask your TA to send you the guest confirmation it is a few keystrokes on the TA portal to get it. Actually did your TA receive the approval email? Actually you should get an email either way, what did it say?

I believe it is very possible that RCI might have honored the price for i guide the sky. They may very well consider the booking "new" for 48 hours and adjust the price to that "advertised" Tuesday Sale rate.

This is another example of RCI game playing - no one can decipher their wording and until it happens to one of us, we just don't get it.

I'm just not about to try it myself.

Gina

I believe it is very possible that RCI might have honored the price for i guide the sky. They may very well consider the booking "new" for 48 hours and adjust the price to that "advertised" Tuesday Sale rate.

This is another example of RCI game playing - no one can decipher their wording and until it happens to one of us, we just don't get it.

Gina

You got it!!

Of all people I would think you would want to stick it to the man on the new price policy, mommabean!

?? the s word???

You got it!!

Of all people I would think you would want to stick it to the man on the new price policy, mommabean!

Believe me, I have already made 2 adjustments to future cruises to play more defensively. I saved another $500 just today.

But I still won't play the Sunday booking, Tuesday price adjustment game. The extra 10% isn't worth the risk in case they don't honor it for me. If the price is going to drop $50. I'll just wait until Tuesday to book it rather than hope for the $5 extra.

Gina

You got it!!

?? the s word???

Oh and yes, the s word. Five letters. Slang for being taken advantage of. Apparently it's not very family friendly. You can get away with it in a post :confused: but not in a title apparently. :confused: :confused: Pretty weird.

Gina

Gina

I agree, Gina, the wording in many of the new policies still leave questions to be answered and that was actually the reason I started this topic.

The scenario pointed out by i guide the sky isn't one I considered when asking the question but it sure has opened my eyes.

I wonder if that scenario was a one-time thing or if RCI will allow that to happen on a consistent basis.

Good luck with your attempt, I hope it works for you too.

Merion Mom,

I know you think you know everything but your wrong in this case.

I do not think that I know everything, and it may turn out that I am wrong in this case, but it would be an interesting perversion of the way that RC set up the system themselves that they would honor such a pricing situation.

People who have merely put a hold on a cruise on Sunday, and dropped the hold, then tried to book the cruise on the Tuesday Sales Event, have been denied. That's without trying to get a "price drop" - just trying to get a "price".

Perhaps "your" lucky. Or perhaps you're lucky.

Like Sue, I believe that the proof is in the invoice from RC.

I agree, Gina, the wording in many of the new policies still leave questions to be answered and that was actually the reason I started this topic.

The scenario pointed out by i guide the sky isn't one I considered when asking the question but it sure has opened my eyes.

I wonder if that scenario was a one-time thing or if RCI will allow that to happen on a consistent basis.

Good luck with your attempt, I hope it works for you too.

This is what I wonder which is why I would NOT attempt it.

My savings technique was much easier. Less than a week until final payment I have downgraded a balcony. It's only a four day cruise so if a paid upgrade doesn't become available back to my original category, I've still saved $500 over 4 days and still have a balcony. They can put my old room back in with the abundance of more expensive ones and try to sell it at what will probably end up being lower price when they have to reduce them all. If enough people do this, they will lose a whole lot more money than they would by allowing the occasional after final price reduction. Their choice.

Gina

Archived