I'm SSOOO excited!!!

sayaguru

Reminds me of a song I used to dance to in the 80's. I know I'm old.

I just booked a Uniworld cruise on River Ambassador from Cologne to Nuremburg the Prague in April 2011. "Treasures of Prague, The Rhine and Main.

Booked a French balcony. The ship is being refurbed in January so is bound to be lovely.

Now I can start planning the rest of my trip. We will fly into Frankfurt then drive around Holland. Not sure where else. Then the cruise last so it will be a lovely way to end the trip.

Any hints, tips welcome. I've never done a river cruise before (is that obvious?) but have done large ship cruises.

I'm supposed to be writing kids report cards today but I'm too excited.

I just booked a Uniworld cruise on River Ambassador from Cologne to Nuremburg the Prague in April 2011. "Treasures of Prague, The Rhine and Main.

Booked a French balcony. The ship is being refurbed in January so is bound to be lovely.

Now I can start planning the rest of my trip. We will fly into Frankfurt then drive around Holland. Not sure where else. Then the cruise last so it will be a lovely way to end the trip.

Any hints, tips welcome. I've never done a river cruise before (is that obvious?) but have done large ship cruises.

I am so happy for you.....!!! sFun_cheerleader.gif

You sound SO EXCITED.......!!! sHa_shakeshout.gif

So, here is a video for you to watch, PUT YOUR DANCIN' SHOES ON......!!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the clip. Yep that brought back memories.

Another travel agent rang me today saying she had a price for me. Almost double what I paid. So I'm happy. The great exchange rate definitely helped. The AUD/US$ hit parity. :D:D Bought some spending money on Friday.

I know I wouldn't pay the full price. Do people actually pay those brochure prices? That's a hell of a lot of money.

Just trying to work out where else to go. Hubby and I are in heated discussions.

I lived in Augsburg, Germany for four years, and visited all the places that you are visiting on your river cruise. We didn't do it on a river cruise. You will enjoy those cities, and your river cruise as well.

I suggest that you buy a guidebook like Rick Steves or Frommers to assist you.

Amsterdam has some good canal cruises (just a couple of hours) as well as trips to the Ziderzee (sp?). You can visit some of the quaint Dutch villages. In Amsterdam, go to the Rembrandt Art Museum, Rembrandt's home and the Anne Frank house. There is a Van Gogh museum there as well.

Brugges, Belgium is a couple of hour drive from Amsterdam and worth a day trip if you have time.

Cologne has it wonderful cathedral, and not much else, bu the cathedral is awesome.

You will probably pass Rudesheim and the Loreli (sp?) on the Rhine. If your boat stops there, it is worth a short stop to sample the great wines of the area.

Do you stop in Mainz? Hopefully?

Nuremburg is easily toured on foot, and still has much of its old wall, although much was destroyed during WWII. It is out of the way, and the locals don't want to tell you where it is, but the site of Hitler's rallies is a couple of miles from the city center, and still there, sans swastica (it now hosts four soccer fields.

Prague is wonderful. Much to see there. I know you will enjoy.

If you go to Anne Frank's house, be sure to make reservations in advance. Lines to get in are very long and with reservations you go through a separate door and walk right in!

Also, book the tickets early. (I know it is a pain to decide what you are going to do that far in advance, but the best times go quickly.)

Archived