Millenium - shoes for dining

Clarvey

We are booked for the 11 night, March 28 sailing on the Millenium. This is our second cruise. Does my husband need to wear "closed in shoes" for dinner every night? He was hoping to wear light weight socks with nice sandals, except for formal nights. Thanks for any help.

I am wearing my "Toms". Check them out. They are closed, lightweight shoes that give the feeling of being barefoot. In addition each pair sold by the company (directly or through retail sources, like Nordstroms) are matched by another pair given away to a child who is shoeless.

sorry but sox with sandals, regardless of whether or not it is 'allowed' is a fashion faux pas anywhere and will subject him to tons of silent ridicule.

Please, please, please, no socks and sandals.:eek: We're "old" and even my husband knows better and knows I wouldn't stand for it. :)

sorry but sox with sandals, regardless of whether or not it is 'allowed' is a fashion faux pas anywhere and will subject him to tons of silent ridicule.

Please, please, please, no socks and sandals.:eek: We're "old" and even my husband knows better and knows I wouldn't stand for it. :)

My thoughts exactly!!!

Like it or not....get ready for even more changes. Now that they are allowing jeans in the MDR (and this hopefully doesn't turn into a jean/no jeans thread...there is already one going for that, so help yourself to it), THE SHOE ISSUE IS NEXT...guaranteed. Not everyone is going to wear penny loafers with their jeans!

I look at how the dress code in the office has slowly went from business to gardening clothes...through gradual changes....same thing is going to happen here, guaranteed.

I say wear whatever shoes you want. My husband and I always wear sandals (even in Alaska and the Med). If our feet get cold, we wear socks. Those that mind, don't matter, those who matter, don't mind. Have a great cruise, it's your vacation. :cool:

i cant believe people are giving you fashion advice. Wear what you want and be comfortable. I hve never seen the wait staff eyeing someone's footwear.

Good luck

You must not know about the Fashion Forum on Cruise Critic:):D

Yes, there is a Fashion Forum where women AND men chat about

all kinds of things....clothing, including shoes, luggage, packing,

hygene, etc., etc., etc.

We are booked for the 11 night, March 28 sailing on the Millenium. This is our second cruise. Does my husband need to wear "closed in shoes" for dinner every night? He was hoping to wear light weight socks with nice sandals, except for formal nights. Thanks for any help.

It worked for me, I didn't even have the socks but long pants needed of course.

We are booked on the same cruise. Hope to see you at the CC party.

I say it is your vacation and you should do what make you comfortable and happy.

Who looks at feet anyway.

Brattina

well if he fells comfortable in his sandals, then he can wear them whole day on the ship, but please put a close up acceptable shoes for dinning times, then after he can always go change back to his sandals

I wouldn't wear sandals with socks in a million years unless I was going undercover as a German tourist!! However if you want to wear sandals wear sandals, don't let it spoil your holiday wondering what people think. You can always form a splinter group with the social lepers who've decided to wear jeans!!!!

Simple answer with no fashion admonishments.....Yes, He can wear them on smart casual nights. ;) Not on formal nights of course.

I am totally in shock at the direction of this thread. Loved your comments and just wonder as a newbie - is Cruising for me!!!!

After reading this thread and having travelled to many Continents & countries in the past, I am now beginning to be in fear of "fashion police" dictating my clothes options.

I understood that smart casual is the norm and elegant on formal nights but are we going a little too far. Are our accessories also being dictated to us? How about acceptable bling?

Seriously though, I presume there's a swimsuit code too, so nobody is showing too much of anything that we would or wouldn't want to see !!!! Not that I am wearing a thong or anything, or is this area not monitored, not seen any reference so far on CC.

Archived