Promenade Cafe

What type of food is served there and is there a charge for some items. Thanks

Everything at the Cafe Promenade is free of charge - food items that is!

There are always sandwiches, assorted pizzas, desserts, cookies and whole fruit.

There is a bar there too - specialty coffees are for a fee as are soft drinks and alcohol.

What type of food is served there and is there a charge for some items. Thanks

EDIT: The Specialty coffees are in the front of the Café Promenade at the bar. All the coffees in the Café Promenade are free. :D

There is brewed coffee, regular and decaf, assorted teas bags, packets of Hot chocolate and hot water for making these. This is free 24 hours a day. Plus little creamers, milks and all types of sweeteners are also there for the teas and coffees. ;)

I love the cafe promenade. First thing in the morning I would go for a few mugs of coffee and a freshly baked roll with butter. (would take them back to my balcony to wake up slowly with the waves). In the morning they also had fresh fruit (bananas, kiwi, oranges, apples). They also had fruit cups, scones, muffins, donuts, croissants, brioche, Danishes. They changed the food around 11am. Then came the pizza (3 kinds - cheese, pepperoni, and margarita (sp?)). Also small sandwiches on fresh bread. Loved those. Many different types. Roast beef, chicken salad, tuna, ham and cheese, roasted veggies. Various types of bars like you might find at star bucks. Pumpkin bar, cranberry bar. Desserts like brownies. Cups of pudding type things (trifles? Loved those). Several types of cookies. And always ice water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.

Hth,

Blanca

This seemed to be a well-kept secret while we were on Freedom. Many people don't know the food's free, but it is!! Make a point to go. It's quite good and great for a quick bite.

Is the Cafe Promenade open for lunch on boarding day, or is the only choice for lunch the Windjammer?

I love the cafe promenade. First thing in the morning I would go for a few mugs of coffee and a freshly baked roll with butter. (would take them back to my balcony to wake up slowly with the waves). In the morning they also had fresh fruit (bananas, kiwi, oranges, apples). They also had fruit cups, scones, muffins, donuts, croissants, brioche, Danishes. They changed the food around 11am. Then came the pizza (3 kinds - cheese, pepperoni, and margarita (sp?)). Also small sandwiches on fresh bread. Loved those. Many different types. Roast beef, chicken salad, tuna, ham and cheese, roasted veggies. Various types of bars like you might find at star bucks. Pumpkin bar, cranberry bar. Desserts like brownies. Cups of pudding type things (trifles? Loved those). Several types of cookies. And always ice water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.

Hth,

Blanca

Hmmm..The Cafe Promenade on the Freedom class ships do not have pizza, for that you need to go to Sorrento's...

Hmmm..The Cafe Promenade on the Freedom class ships do not have pizza, for that you need to go to Sorrento's...

Yes, but on Voyager class, that's where the pizza is. CP.

On Freedom class, there are also salads and antipasto type things at CP.

Wow lots of selections, are there more choices there than Park Cafe? Maybe we will hit both when we get on the ship!!

No, no, no!!!

RUN RUN RUN to the Park Café before it gets crowded.

If you are hungry later and want a snack to tide you over before dinner, hit the Café Promenade.

JMO, of course. ;)

No, no, no!!!

RUN RUN RUN to the Park Café before it gets crowded.

If you are hungry later and want a snack to tide you over before dinner, hit the Café Promenade.

JMO, of course. ;)

ok! I hope the damn shuttle at my hotel is not full and I have to wait to go to the ship, I wanna be on right after 11 am!

Is the Cafe Promenade open for lunch on boarding day, or is the only choice for lunch the Windjammer?

Yes it is, and relatively vacant also. We stop in there for a quick bite while the hords are still at the troughs in the WindJammer on embarkation day.

I love to use the Prominade for something quick to eat and the food is free for the asking. This eliminates the need of room service:)

RCCL like many other cruise line the coffee they service is not very good so that is my excuse to get a latte,there is a charge,but it is unrealistic to think ypo are going on a cruise and not spend money:D

They will also make any topping pizza you want if you ask. We asked for veggie pizza and he made it for me.

The sandwiches are sooooooo good too.

Didnt know they had all that at breakfast time, maybe I'll go there instead of the the buffet for my "getting ready for breakfast coffee and muffins" (as my DD calls it):D

When I was on a b2b2b on the Adventure this summer I loved the granola bar cookies that were served every day in the Promenade cafe. For the first cruise they were made with a thick chocolate base - yummie. The following cruises, I think that they must have gone on an economy drive because they came without the chocolate. They were still very nice, but not AS nice.

I love to use the Prominade for something quick to eat and the food is free for the asking. This eliminates the need of room service:)

RCCL like many other cruise line the coffee they service is not very good so that is my excuse to get a latte,there is a charge,but it is unrealistic to think ypo are going on a cruise and not spend money:D

I enjoy really good coffee and I love Starbucks. IMHO, RCCL has delicious coffee. Seattle's Best is nearly Starbucks quality and I have always enjoyed coffee on RCCL ships. NCL also has great regular coffee. I don't need to purchase coffee when on these two cruise lines.

I enjoy really good coffee and I love Starbucks. IMHO, RCCL has delicious coffee. Seattle's Best is nearly Starbucks quality and I have always enjoyed coffee on RCCL ships. NCL also has great regular coffee. I don't need to purchase coffee when on these two cruise lines.

I don't think the FREE coffee is Seattle's Best--just the coffee you pay for. I may be wrong about that, though, but I'm a huge coffee drinker, and I agree that the free coffee was practically undrinkable.

Back to the topic, it sounds like the Cafe Promanade varies a bit depending on the ship. Since we had an early dinner seating, we ended up going to Cafe Promanade almost every night on Explorer so the kids could have a late-night snack. It was also very handy since my 2-year-old needs her milk at night, and we could go fill up her sippy cup with the large carafes of milk...although it sounds like some ships just have creamers.

Archived