Quick Mariner review - Oct.31 - Nov.7

Are there WiFi spots on the ship, or is internet accessible only from the ship's internet workstations? (It's not a facebook, email, internet junkie issue :rolleyes: -- I'm a student and will need access to my online classes during our trip from Rome to Galveston next year)

There are wifi spots arouind the ship. We found the best way for us to use the wifi was to use it either very early in the morning or late at night. We used it in the Viking Crown Lounge and it was ok. Not real fast but better than during the day.

Are there WiFi spots on the ship...

Yes, as mentioned above. The WiFi hotspots, and there were about 6 of them, will be listed in the info you get on how to set up your account and connect. These info sheets are available at Guest Relations and in the the Internet Lounge itself.

I would recommend you buy a package. You qualify for a lower rate per minute if you buy a package, and any extra minutes are charged at this rate as well.

Enjoy Mariner. :)

We will be on the Thanksgiving week cruise. Happy to read your positive review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. You were smart to research and pick Long Beach airport!

Thanks, and yes! We were also thrilled with our decision.

Oh, and just a note... umm... I have never liked the turkey dinner offered in the DR. I've had it on two other ships and it was just awful, I mean almost inedible. I was absolutely dead set against it this cruise. Well, the night it was offered our waiter recommended it heartily. I said, No... just no.... but he really encouraged me to try it. *sigh* OK. So... not only is it delicious but it is the most tender piece of meat I have ever tasted. It was phenominal! I have no doubt your turkey dinner at Thanksgiving will be incredible. :)

[quote name=wwcruisers;26797347

First' date=' we had a huge cruisecritic group (BooCruisers) on board. Our M&M was held in Ellington's (Crown Viking), but when we got there -- they told us we only had half an hour for it. We barely had time to do our gift exchange, and there were lots of folks that we did not get to meet until later in the cruise. If RC really values its cruisecritic patrons, I think they can do better. :confused:[/quote]

We were on the same cruise and agree with the above. It was like, "Here is your hat and coat, what is your hurry?"!!! Poor planning on the part of RCCL!

BUT we did not let that spoil our cruise. It was awesome!

We were on the same cruise and agree with the above. It was like, "Here is your hat and coat, what is your hurry?"!!! Poor planning on the part of RCCL!

BUT we did not let that spoil our cruise. It was awesome!

Hi Tip -- unfortunately, I think that you were among the BooCruisers that we did not get to meet at the foreshortened "M&M" party. Thank goodness for our hyper-active roll-call thread, as we did have other activities planned. Glad to hear that you had a good time on the cruise. We loved it -- boy, are we going to miss Mariner! :(

Archived