Contacting Nachi to make reservations

rsdroid

HI all!

I'm going on my first cruise on VOS departing out of Galveston on Jan, 16. :D I found this forum and have been doing a lot of research on things to do in port.

I'm really wanting to go to Nachi Cocom, and have tried emailing them through their website to make reservations, but have yet to hear back. I only have a cell phone, so haven't tried calling yet, because of international calling rates.

Can someone tell me if they usually book through the email address on their website, or if they've had to call to contact them in the past for reservations?

Thanks so much! I've learned a ton from all you experienced cruisers on this board!

I filled out the reservation request on their web site and the next day they responded via email that there was space the requested date, and please fill out attached reservation form. They seem to check email just a few times a day.

Thanks for the reply!

I've filled that out twice and sent it, with a couple of days in between in each time, and a few days since I sent the last one, so not sure why I haven't got a response yet.

I'm going to try putting another email address in.

Do you have any idea what email address they reply from (the address in the FROM: box)? I would like to make sure my SPAM filters are not deleting it before I even see it, although they shouldn't be.

Thanks!

HI all!

I'm going on my first cruise on VOS departing out of Galveston on Jan, 16. :D I found this forum and have been doing a lot of research on things to do in port.

I'm really wanting to go to Nachi Cocom, and have tried emailing them through their website to make reservations, but have yet to hear back. I only have a cell phone, so haven't tried calling yet, because of international calling rates.

Can someone tell me if they usually book through the email address on their website, or if they've had to call to contact them in the past for reservations?

Thanks so much! I've learned a ton from all you experienced cruisers on this board!

You can book Nachi through Island Marketing Ltd. They are very prompt with confirmations.

HI all!

We're on the same sailing! NOt going to Nachi this trip - went there in August.

I'm having the same experience! It's so frustrating, isn't it?

I now wish I would've booked through Island Marketing but hesitate to do it now because I think (hope!) I'm booked directly with Nachi even though I haven't heard back after sending my credit card info.

Thanks for the reply!

I've filled that out twice and sent it, with a couple of days in between in each time, and a few days since I sent the last one, so not sure why I haven't got a response yet.

I'm going to try putting another email address in.

Do you have any idea what email address they reply from (the address in the FROM: box)? I would like to make sure my SPAM filters are not deleting it before I even see it, although they shouldn't be.

Thanks!

I did not initially receive a confirmation after submitting my form. I sent an email to the same email that I received the request from and then received our confirmation the next day.

My problem is I haven't even received a response to filling out the initial inquiry form about availability, so I haven't yet had a chance to give them the deposit to complete the reservation. I'm going to give it another 12 hrs or so, and then I'll try going through Island Marketing.

My problem is I haven't even received a response to filling out the initial inquiry form about availability, so I haven't yet had a chance to give them the deposit to complete the reservation. I'm going to give it another 12 hrs or so, and then I'll try going through Island Marketing.

It can be that it's getting marked as spam or not coming through at all. it depends on your email domain (like yahoo which is notorious for having issues with receiving legit email from these Island vendors). Try using a different email if you have. I use comcast and get replied back to within 48hrs.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I had made sure I checked my Spam and tried using a different email address and everything. Finally gave up and emailed Island Marketing today, who responded right away with availability. Then, after all that, I received replies at both email addresses after 6 days or so from Nachi! I guess they were just busy.

Now, which do you guys think I should book through? Direct through Nachi, or Island Marketing? Is there a difference other than IM requires a small deposit, and Nachi just wants a CC # to hold the reservation, then pay in full in cash when we arrive?

Anyone have a preference?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I had made sure I checked my Spam and tried using a different email address and everything. Finally gave up and emailed Island Marketing today, who responded right away with availability. Then, after all that, I received replies at both email addresses after 6 days or so from Nachi! I guess they were just busy.

Now, which do you guys think I should book through? Direct through Nachi, or Island Marketing? Is there a difference other than IM requires a small deposit, and Nachi just wants a CC # to hold the reservation, then pay in full in cash when we arrive?

Anyone have a preference?

Thanks!

For what its worth we had no problems at all when we went through Island Marketing in August.

I booked directly with them. The cancellation policy is very different with both companies so if that is something is important to you, then I would take it into account. If it's not, then it really doesn't matter who you book with.

I chose to book directly with them only because of the cancellation policy. With Island Marketing, it's 2 weeks and the deposit is always non-refundable. Less than 2 weeks you pay the full price. With Nachi Cocom it's 24 hours and as there is no deposit, you won't lose anything. Less than 24 hours or a no-show and you only pay $12.50 per person.

As Nachi is open rain or shine, I opted to with with the potential lose of only $12.50 per person in case of horrible weather rather than $49 per person in case of horrible weather.

It's rainy season down there and at the end of October in 2008 we went to Cancun where it poured every single day and all day. Guess I just didn't want to take the chance of that happening again to me.

I prefer to post cc and pay cash -- not the $12 island marketing requests. But if Nachi wasn't responding I was going go to ghrough Island Marketing. Fortunately Nachi responded within 24 hours.

After sending cc info, Nachi sent me a paper that I have to show upon arrival so make sure you have something to show that you have a reservation.

I contacted Nachi directly last Tuesday with a request for December 11th, received a response back Wednesday. Sent back via e-mail the required completed form and got a confirmation back Thursday. I also prefure to pay cash when I get there with a minumum fee for cancelling within a reasonable time. I think dealing directly with them is better than going thru a middle man, too many things to go wrong.

Can you give me info on transportation? Do they have any type of shuttle service from the ships, or do we just grab a taxi?

We're on the Dec 6th sailing of the Ecstasy. We've been to Coz before, but each time just went to Chank park - which is great, but we were just thinking of something different this time.

Archived