Cabin crawl?

Join the roll call for your sailing.

If they have already started a cabin crawl, offer your cabin.

(It is especially nice if you have a higher category cabin, such as, say, the Royal Suite...:D)

If they don't have your cabin category, offering yours will round out the crawl. Having at least one of every type of cabin is ideal, though not always possible.

If they already have your category listed, you can still go along for the fun of it.

If they haven't started one, then YOU do it!:p:D

I have been in charge of a few of them, and we always have a great time....

If you don't have, or don't wish to join a "rolll call", this is where TABLEMATES come in handy! Meet the folks you're eating with at dinner...ask what type of cabin they have...ask to see it! Easy! Folks do not mind showing their cabin!

If you're eating alone, you will miss out on this benefit!

Hilarious ..... that CB can take 'her' (??) obsession with GROUP dining and interject it into a conversation about a Cabin Crawl!! :rolleyes:

Granted, I've met some interesting people on cruises ...... BUT I would NEVER ..... EVER consider inviting them to my cabin, nor would I ever consider going to theirs!

Join the roll call for your sailing.

If they have already started a cabin crawl, offer your cabin.

(It is especially nice if you have a higher category cabin, such as, say, the Royal Suite...:D)

If they don't have your cabin category, offering yours will round out the crawl. Having at least one of every type of cabin is ideal, though not always possible.

If they already have your category listed, you can still go along for the fun of it.

If they haven't started one, then YOU do it!:p:D

I have been in charge of a few of them, and we always have a great time....

Do you typically do a cabin crawl all in one day, or is it usually spread out over several nights?

and buy a guide! :D

:eek::D Boy we do know some certain posters around here. :D:eek:

To the OP, you can do it whichever way you feel works best. Our last roll call did the cabin crawl after our M & M. It was a great way to see what other options exist on the ship, especially that Grand Suite that I will never see myself.

Look around on the roll calls for cabin crawls - there are all sorts of variations. I'm on a cruise with 5 sea days, so on the 2nd sea day we are planning a cabin crawl starting at 11 am (start with the cabins on the highest deck and work down the stairs) followed lunch at 12:30 in the MDR.

Do you typically do a cabin crawl all in one day, or is it usually spread out over several nights?

We usually do the cabin crawl on the first sea day, usually after the Meet & Mingle...or right after lunch.

Depending on how many people are participating, it can last anywhere from maybe half an hour, to several hours. I like to have a little party in the last cabin....lately, that has been mine!:D

When I devise a route, I start with the lower cabins and work our way up to the suite level. I try to plan it with as little back-tracking as possible, but sometimes ya just gotta run around a bit...!:D

You can also do variations on the cabin crawl. On my Hawaii cruise, we also did Poker Run with the cabin crawl.

Everyone anted up $5.00, and those who had cabins to show spread a deck of cards out on the bed.

We each picked two cards (we didn't have that many cabins to show) and at the last cabin (mine;)) the people with the highest and lowest hands won the pot. (I didn't win)

My next cruise is a short one, so we only have one sea day.

We are going to meet for lunch, do the cabin crawl, and then do a slot pull.

Busy day!!!

If you don't have, or don't wish to join a "rolll call", this is where TABLEMATES come in handy! Meet the folks you're eating with at dinner...ask what type of cabin they have...ask to see it! Easy! Folks do not mind showing their cabin!

I did that once. And I am surprised I did it. The words came out of my mouth before I was aware of it..........

We were on Golden Princess having lunch in the MDR.

We were chatting with another couple and they mentioned they had a Vista Suite. We were in a minisuite about three doors down from them.

So we were neighbors..............right?

I just asked them if I could see their suite, and they said, "Yes."

Dang! That was easy! :)

This was before I learned of Cruise Critic and roll calls and cabin crawls.

But I really wanted to see what their suite looked like.

I'm not so sure everyone would be so accommodating, however. I just got lucky...........

I keep reading reviews with cabin crawls. How do you join in on a cabin crawl?

Find the roll call for your cruise date. Mention it to the group and see if they're interested. When we sailed on the Oasis last March we had a great cabin crawl. Someone in the group offered to organize it and did a wonderful job! We did it right after the Meet & Mingle and were able to see many different cabin categories and also stopped at a few bars in between.

Am I the only person that feels slightly uncomfortable about inviting essentially strangers into my cabin?

Maybe...LOL

If you feel weird...this is how we did it....

We had about 6-7 cabins....we started at an inside room and ended with an Owner's Suite. Each Room had basically 2 Host people...we would go to the first room ...and the hosts of the next room would go first...then they would go ahead and get their room ready....some people had gifts and prizes for all the visitors at each room. We did a poker run....1 card per room....then after the 5th room we stopped giving cards and the best 5 card hand won...and the lowest.....we split the money in the owners suite and they provided jello shots and canape's for the party.....it took an hour...it was fast and furious and fun...and we had such a good time we wound up doing 3 slot pulls....we had a really good group....the best way to get this going is to join a roll call.

And do the party after the meet mingle party..

Ken

Archived